Sevco....the First Ever Visit To Firhill 26/11/2016

Lindau

I'd be happy to see us relegated as the crowds would probably go back up again.

The evidence suggests that there is a large number of jags fans who aren't interested in watching us in the premier league and would rather see us winning at a lower level every week.

Less than 2,000 jags fans there yesterday - absolutely pitiful. Had it not been for the Weirs we would be in some serious trouble due to these awful crowds. Sooner or later that money will stop and we will need to live within our own means again. And on crowds like that we will not survive in this league.

Those who can go but choose not to are the reason we will probably never be top 6.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 3

Such is the petty mindedness of some on here, if we'd played it into the corner and played for a draw, Archie and the team would have been criticised for it.

Totally agree with that. Given the amount of late goals we have shipped the (IMO) sensible thing would have been to settle for a draw. How different this forum and league table would have been last night. Archie can't win on here with some people. Some of the people saying we were right to go for it in the 93rd minute are exactly the same people that complain when we don't see a game out!

Edited by Lindau

Couldn't post yesterday. So angry, so disappointed. Also disappointed in some of the posts yesterday but the tone today is much more sensible.

The big negative is obviously losing a late goal yet again at home, going for a long throw was fine by me at 1-1, had we been ahead obviously that would be daft. The problems was that bug Abdul slipped and, Barton gave the scorer to much room and then it goes through rather than hits our defenders.

There were many more positives. It was a huge improvement on last Saturday, Archie made big changes in personnel and in shape, the result was we no failures in my opinion and we had the classiest player on the park in Barton. What a find!

We matched that lot who have much more money than we could dream of and were seconds away from a well deserved draw.

If ever I see our players not trying or the management not caring I will lead the call for Archie to go, although I would think he would walk without a call.

What now? Let's get right behind the team on Saturday and let's hope we play as well as we did yesterday when we play the other well resourced teams in the next few weeks. Once a Jag.........

• Like 2

Only 3 points off 6th so a decent season is still well within reach but we need to start picking up points soon.

Other than the Hamilton game next week and that ain't going to be easy, I can't see where the points are going to come from in the following 3 games! Realistically if we get beat next week we could be 6-9 points adrift at the bottom come the 20th December. We just need to try and hang in there.

Such is the petty mindedness of some on here, if we'd played it into the corner and played for a draw, Archie and the team would have been criticised for it.

If the ball had been thrown the ball into the corner no one would have remembered it. We literally threw away possesion. I was screaming for Gordon not to throw it in.

The tatics were right and the performance goodand it is not petty mindedness to suggest we chucked all that away with a bad desicion 40 secs to go.

• Like 1

What a difference 15 minutes makes! 80 minutes into that game we were on three points - 15 minutes later, none. If we had held out for the win we would be sitting in 6th rather than 12th place at the moment. This is frustrating, but underlines just how tight this division is outside the top five places.

That result hurts like hell, but did I really think this was going to be the first season in decades of following the Jags that would be devoid of a few kicks in the teeth?

We're in a seven-way scrap to avoid the bottom two places, and on what I've seen of us and the others around us so far, I think we're going to be fine.

that we will be fine depends on how we play next week against accies. It's not acceptable they turn up and put in a similar performance to the Motherwell game just because they are still hurting from the Rangers game. We didn't play and lose a last minute goal to rangers when we played Motherwell the other week - in fact they had had a 2 week break where they should have been considerably more fitter and up for it than they were

Thats fine Gaz.

You cant be sitting near me because where i was there was a wave of optimism having a throw in so far up the park so late in the game. I can say for sure, not one single person around me was calling for us to play safe. The complete opposite infact.

.......................and was there a wave of optiimism to throw the ball right back to sevco?

Regards the game itself, i thought we were outstanding and for 80+ minutes we outplayed a team with an infinitly higher budget that ourselves.

That was ine of the best performances ive seen from the jags since we got promoted. At half time we were streets ahead and only for Amoo struggling to get the better of Wallace and get more balls into the box, would have had even more chances.

Though thank god he was called offside cause that was a howler of a miss from Amoo.

The second half started nervy with booth and lindsay giving away the ball in dangerous areas. That gave rangers and their fans belief and they upped their game. It became even more end to end with us not buckling. We went toe to toe with them and it was great to see. We were the home team and we werent going to be intimidated.

Gordon and Elliott really stood out for me. Both showing real leadership at the back when called upon. Goemrdon sprinting across the 18 yard box to cover for lindsay n booth and elliott winning sone right good tackles on the deck, stand out. Elliott tired late on though, but game after game he defies his critics in the stands proving he is a pivotal part of the team and how we play.

a lot didnt come off for erskine yesterday, but he kept his chin up and kept giving us that out ball to counter with pace.

The three subs were spot on and edwards and lawless combining gave us a bit of space down the right we had craved all day to allow for the most typical of doolan goals.

Yes we lost, we got nothing from it, but id rather be positive and proud of my team and how they performed over the 90, than reflect on one key moment and use it as a stick to beat the team with as some on here would rather do.

We move on, chin up. Everyone plays everyone else before the end of the year, so no need to be negative and talk of being marooned at the bottom, that could be any one of 7 teams in that position, not just us.

For reference, thats 5 from 6 games in a row we have been negatively effected by shambolic refereeing. Being called back into our own half to take a free kick when we were 3 v 3 30 yards from goal when no booking was issued absolutly stank and just demonstrates what you are up against in these games.

• Like 4

Less than 2,000 jags fans there yesterday - absolutely pitiful.

Do we know that for sure.? Only the total crowd was announced.

Our home support is c.2500, and many can't be bothered with the hassle of old firm games, or getting kicked out there seat. I seriously don't see how that will change.

• Like 1

Ps I paid £25 for a shit view from behind the goal as the club stopped selling main stand tickets on Wednesday, even though there was plenty of seats. What was that all about?

I reckon that the club would need to keep enough seats in case all the season ticket holders turned up.

It seems to be the minority opinion on here – or perhaps it’s just being overlooked due to the understandable frustration at losing in the last minute – but I thought we played extremely well yesterday. Our pressing was so effective their ‘keeper and back line looked lost at times, utterly bereft of an outlet. We played more directly than normal, in that the transition time from winning the ball to releasing it behind their back four was much quicker than is often the case. The lads broke with pace and purpose and we were causing them all sorts of bother. Elliot put in an incredible shift down the left flank, as indeed did the entire team. But Elliot, Welsh, Erskine, Booth and Dools stood out in terms of work rate. And what about Adam Barton, eh? Absolute class. When Adam holds on to the ball or sidesteps a striker he’s not doing it to showboat in any way – he retains possession almost every time and spreads calm throughout our defence and midfield. When he steps forward with the ball he creates a numerical advantage in the middle of the pitch and with every game is having more of an impact in terms of launching our attacks. He’s an absolute joy to watch.

Of course, it wasn’t all rosy. A bit more composure in terms of our final ball and finishing and we would have been out of sight by the time their first hit the net. There were also some misplaced passes under pressure, although this is expected when the midfielders are trying to move the ball forward with greater alacrity.

So I’m gutted at the result. Absolutely gutted. But if we’re looking for an hardworking, attacking team with no lack of skill, which is able to compete with teams with far superior resources, then that’s what we’ve got. I really enjoyed the game yesterday. Perhaps if some of my fellow Jags fans could temper their unrealistic expectations slightly they might enjoy it a bit more too.

• Like 2

Devastated to lose like that, the team played excellent for the majority of the game, but we certainly have a monkey on our back regarding losing late goals. Too often this season Archie has been criticized for sitting back when we're leading or drawing and us paying the price, yesterday we chased the win, yet it cost us again. I think we did the right thing.

We have a decent team, a good manager, but we have a mental problem when it comes to the last 10 minutes, this must make the players nervous, as it's happened so often in the last 3 years. Sit back, we lose, attack we lose, moral must be taking a hammering, maybe a sports psychologist is needed to help remove this fear.

• Like 1

Do we know that for sure.? Only the total crowd was announced.

Our home support is c.2500, and many can't be bothered with the hassle of old firm games, or getting kicked out there seat. I seriously don't see how that will change.

The JH was full and that holds 6250. There are also numerous reports of rangers fans in amongst the the thistle support so I'm saying it was definitely less than 2,000 thistle fans there.

Incidentally, one of the Rangers fans within our support was in fact the owner of TTL, our official merchandise partner. Was seen openly celebrating the Rangers goals in the north stand, and he certainly wasn't trying to hide. Don't have a problem with him supporting anther team but to be in amongst our support and openly celebrate like that is pretty poor, considering he was in amongst a support that he depends on for his livelihood. I certainly won't be buying anything from that company again.

• Like 1

I reckon the reason we have such a poor attendance is down to doctors orders. That is mental asylum material losing the number of late goals that we do. That was tough to take but our defending for both goals is ludicrous. They only had they dodoo to give the ball to for the first and nobody is near him in the box. Everyone seems fixated on the ball. If we don't concede then we may well have seen it out. Coulda, woulda, shouda, didnae. We done it the first season and were still at it 3 years later. We have different players so whats the common denominator? We don't learn.

I reckon the reason we have such a poor attendance is down to doctors orders. That is mental asylum material losing the number of late goals that we do. That was tough to take but our defending for both goals is ludicrous. They only had they dodoo to give the ball to for the first and nobody is near him in the box. Everyone seems fixated on the ball. If we don't concede then we may well have seen it out. Coulda, woulda, shouda, didnae. We done it the first season and were still at it 3 years later. We have different players so whats the common denominator? We don't learn.

I think you said all this yesterday. Did not enough folk listen to you first time round, you feel the need to regurgitate the same boring script?

Don't agree,the team on the park should be good enough to see the game out. Thise that are missing will be welcome back and should see us win games comfortably but those that are in the team at present should still do better.

Unfortunately the stats aren't backing that up. We lose so many late goals that suggests that the backup players aren't good enough to see a game out.

The stat is shocking, but just concentrating on yesterday's game, I think the manager got his tactics spot on. Any time I have seen Sevco this season it noticeable that everything comes through and is created by Tavernier and Wallace. Those two were anonymous yesterday. Again we were undone by stupid individual errors. I still think we should have seen it out. It's criminal to think we were at the total opposite end of the ground in the 93rd minute with the ball in our full backs hands and less than a minute later they score the winner.

Similar to Aberdeens winner

Just to add if we can play like that in all our games, we can beat anyone in that league, and will win more than we lose

to be honest this is my concern and in a sense still a bit annoyed - why didn't we play like that against Motherwell last week? Will we play like that against Accies - if we do we can beat them - but if we are not up for it then we could struggle
  • Like 1