Sevco....the First Ever Visit To Firhill 26/11/2016

Lindau

So disappointed with the outcome yesterday.

I treated a couple of Rangers supporting friends to a first time visit to Firhill and afterwards I

felt really proud of the way my team and fellow Jags fans conducted themselves.

They were equally immpressed.

We have the nucleus of a very good team and I'm confident we can stay up this season,

but the team need to show 100% commitment and no repeats of the Fir Park first half performance at Hamilton on Saturday.

I must get one frustration of my chest though.

In the second half Sean Welsh found himself in space just outside the box and chose to

play a delicate chip into the 6 yard line area. No, no, no, Sean! For gawd's sake man, put your

boot through it and get it on target. You might score!. We may get a rebound off the woodwork or the keeper

which Dools could pounce on! But please, just don't make it easy for defenders with these wee delicate chips.

In the second half Sean Welsh found himself in space just outside the box and chose to

play a delicate chip into the 6 yard line area. No, no, no, Sean! For gawd's sake man, put your

boot through it and get it on target. You might score!. We may get a rebound off the woodwork or the keeper

which Dools could pounce on! But please, just don't make it easy for defenders with these wee delicate chips.

Can't for one moment argue with your point, HB, as long as you keep it to instances rather than generalisations. It's got be said tho' that over this season (and last season for that matter), regardless of your overall opinion of Sean W, no one can surely be critical of him for NOT opting to shoot. The quality of his shooting, whether from set piece or open play, is obviously open to criticism but he's the only player in our squad that does take that direct approach.

Conversely Edward's fantastic effort yesterday must have surprised regular supporters just as much as the sevco defenders and goalie. Let's take some positives and hope Ryan has added another string to his bow.

My comparison to the Aberdeen game wasn't the time of the goal but the fact that the ball was at our corner flag and seconds later was in the net. However, there is another similarity to the Aberdeen game. Against Aberdeen we score and a few minutes later have conceded, just like yesterday.

There is maybe a question over concentration from the players ?

No "maybe" about it!

What do we do differently away from home. We haven't conceded any in the last 15 mins

That's very interesting actually, i'm thinking that the explanation is. We are already losing and chasing the game. The St Johnstone game is the one that is the exception. Could it be home pressure from fans? Standing in the north stand you can feel it, it's very nerve wracking.

I had a look back at games we've lost late goals, mostly out of curiosity and perhaps Mondays aren't bad enough I thought i'd depress myself even more?

Hearts 1pt dropped 90+ minute goal

Motherwell 2pts dropped 83 minute goal

Hamilton 2pts dropped 83 minute goal

Ross County 2pts dropped 95 minute goal

Rangers 3pts dropped 81 and 94 minutes goals

Cutting out even half of these and we are actually top six comfortably, if you can be comfortable in this league. I haven't looked at any other teams and i'm well aware this is a fairly nonsense statement like (if we had won this then we'd be here etc...) but it interested me and felt like sharing. Very fine margins just now, something as simple as closing out even half our games in future would mean we should have nothing to worry about.

Edited by Graemei

So....

We played really well for 80 minutes .... but lost

We were the better team ..... but lost

If the game only lasted 93 minutes .. we wouldn't have lost

If our full backs didnt/did do .. c we wouldn't have lost

And so it goes on

We have played 14 games we have 13 points we are bottom ....so at the moment we

are the worst team in the league

Meanwhile we have some great players and an outstanding manager

No we don't results don't lie

That's very interesting actually, i'm thinking that the explanation is. We are already losing and chasing the game. The St Johnstone game is the one that is the exception. Could it be home pressure from fans? Standing in the north stand you can feel it, it's very nerve wracking.

I had a look back at games we've lost late goals, mostly out of curiosity and perhaps Mondays aren't bad enough I thought i'd depress myself even more?

Hearts 1pt dropped 90+ minute goal

Motherwell 2pts dropped 83 minute goal

Hamilton 2pts dropped 83 minute goal

Ross County 2pts dropped 95 minute goal

Rangers 2pts dropped 81 and 94 minutes goals

Cutting out even half of these and we are actually top six comfortably, if you can be comfortable in this league. I haven't looked at any other teams and i'm well aware this is a fairly nonsense statement like (if we had won this then we'd be here etc...) but it interested me and felt like sharing. Very fine margins just now, something as simple as closing out even half our games in future would mean we should have nothing to worry about.

It is actually 3 points dropped vs Rangers.

However, you probably should offset the lost points against those gained in the last 10 mins, but it won't take away from your point

So....

And so it goes on

As you say, at the moment - there are 24 more games to go

So....

And so it goes on

Dry yer eyes, mate.

• Like 1

So....

And so it goes on

It's where we are at the end of the season that matters, not where we are at the end of November. Plenty of football to be played before anything is decided

I was surprised about that stat about Kenny Miller but then it does make sense if you think about it. When he first played for Hibs Rangers and Celtic we were in the 2nd or 1st division. He then had a few clubs in England, and when he came back to Rangers they were busy struggling up the lower leagues as well.