Sevco....the First Ever Visit To Firhill 26/11/2016

Lindau

Worries me a great deal when our Manager and Assistant Manager are both ex-pro defenders, yet seem absolutely incapable of defending a lead in the last 10mins. Same every week. We edge ahead and then play so deep that we invite pressure on. Everything about this season has been grating, and something in either personnel or the dug-out has to change, or we are in for another long season.

• Like 2

Checked the result on the official page at quarter past 2 and it said 1 each. I thought that's not bad, then my work colleague updated me with the correct score. What a kick in the baws. Seen the 1st 65 mins and we looked like conceding at that point. Tough one to take given we were a goal to the good with 15 to go but at the end of the day we are not good enough. That is simply it in a nutshell

We need Cerny back and in form pronto if we are to survive this season. Stooky should have saved it , the defending leading up to the goal was so weak.

Archie has to deal with this mental block we have over holding onto leads .

Sevco fans and their obsessions with singing about Derry's Walls and all that pish get worse and worse every time I see them . Horrible end to the game and a big ask to lift them after that. Fearing the worst im afraid.

Good performances mean nothing without somthing to show at the end.

• Like 1

At the risk of recycling an old discussion point: Archie ####ed something that was working exceptionally well in Thistle terms last season by getting rid of Frans, Seabourne and Miller.

Devine and Gordon have been rank inferior in comparison - Gordon in particular is not as good as he seems to think he is.

In my opinion - having taken the lead, we would never have drawn that game today, let alone lost it, with last season's defenders

Fed up of the same shite. Choking v the big teams, choking late in games, simple mistakes.

I dread to think what we'd be like in a pressure play-off game, because we can't hack it, but maybe it'll be a result not finishing bottom at this rate, because we are totally spineless and scared.

That was worse than Griffiths late goal at Porkheid. Absolutely gutted. Not going to go over old ground here, all I can say is

Ziggy Gordon....93rd minute throw in at opposite end of the ground, launched into the box, when if we had kept it up that end we would have got a valuable point. Total amateur actions and unforgiveable.

Stuckman....made some good saves but was poor for the winning goal. We need a fit Cerny back between the sticks.

No one can say we didn't have a go today, but this late goal business is getting very hard to stomach!

As soon as Doolan scored I turned the TV off, put a bet on Rangers and went for a walk as I knew what was coming. As per previous posts we finally had a defence last year who could see out a game and why it was broken up remains inexplicable.

Said the same thing to my son.

You Just know whats going to happen.

Depressing.

I was screaming when that happened, amateur hour from the player. team and managment.

Any other team would have done the necessary and kept it up that end. Was totally incomprehensible why he launched it into the box with the clock on the 93rd minute!

Edited by Lindau

At the risk of recycling an old discussion point: Archie ####ed something that was working exceptionally well in Thistle terms last season by getting rid of Frans, Seabourne and Miller. Devine and Gordon have been rank inferior in comparison - Gordon in particular is not as good as he seems to think he is. In my opinion - having taken the lead, we would never have drawn that game today, let alone lost it, with last season's defenders

Whilst Devine hasn't really loooked like an improvement on Frans, I don't think Seabourne's leaving was down to Archie: he wanted a bigger club but it fell through and we lost him as we couldn't wait to see what happened. I think everybody here thought Gordon would be a good signing, noone expected the poor form he's shown in some games. So while some blame can be attached (I think mainly around lack of options at the back) some of it was out of the manager's control.

Whilst being detached by Christmas won't happen, being bottom is likely.

You guys need to get a reality check. We have a low budget, we usually punch above our weight. Yes we could have taken the points today, but such things make us stronger.

There is not much difference between second top and second bottom in SPL. Ditching Archie & Shaggy is not the answer.

• Like 1

Saw the game on TV. The defence made mistakes, but the main problem continues to be in midfield, where ball after ball was lost by poor passing or dwelling too long on the ball and losing it, so that Rangers were then in control of the midfield. By comparison, Rangers lost far fewer balls in midfield, and it was only the combination of their poor strikers and our defence that kept the score down. Rangers looked a far fitter side, and I wonder whether the spate of last minute conceded goals is at least partly down to our fitness levels.

Rangers were not a good side, but mentally they were much tougher than us throughout the game, and that is something that you don't need cash to instill. Its about the level of expectation put on players - Thistle have always seemed to have been content with second best, and that must feed down to the players, even on a one to one basis on the pitch. Rangers expect to win games, leagues and cups and their players respond to that.

Maybe we need a real tough nut as part of the management team to act as a foil to Archibald/Paterson - good cop - bad cop. I've never seen Archibald or Paterson animated in the slightest during a game. There is a place for calmness, but it isn't the whole answer during a game.

The amount of games lost in the last few minutes has now reached a critical level, with sides knowing that late pressure will pay off. I don't pretend to know what the answer is, but surely has to involve a stick rather than a carrot.

Edited by eljaggo

Whilst Devine hasn't really loooked like an improvement on Frans, I don't think Seabourne's leaving was down to Archie: he wanted a bigger club but it fell through and we lost him as we couldn't wait to see what happened. I think everybody here thought Gordon would be a good signing, noone expected the poor form he's shown in some games. So while some blame can be attached (I think mainly around lack of options at the back) some of it was out of the manager's control.

I'll accept that Seaborne decided he was moving - as far as I am aware, he was never offered an extension (I could be wrong, though).

Frans and Miller are entirely a different subject, but both are gone now, so I'll let it be.

The signing of Gordon I never understood at all - Amoo ripped him a new one at NDP in March. If he could play half as well as he could talk then maybe Muzzy would be looking for another club. I cannot recall the timing, but was his signing influenced by Muzzy's injury?

The most likely scenario is that other central defensive targets fell through for whatever reason, because I do not believe that Archie's strategy was to start the season with the minimal defensive resources that we have witnessed.

We lost because Gordon took the wrong option at the throw in on the 93rd minute and the goalie let the last kick of the game go through him when he should have saved it. Pretty sure the defence will be far more solid if Cerny can keep himself fit. Stuckman, in my opinion has sold three goals in three games and they were all vital. Not sure where the 4 minutes injury time came from as I don't recall any injuries in the 2nd half. Absolutely massive game next week.

"Hard luck", small team mentality nonsense. Makes me sick.

Really? Perhaps you should support one of the 'bigger' teams then.

It's a fact that financially we cannot compete with teams like the New Rangers. The hysterical nonsense about sacking Archie makes ME sick.

We can learn, we can improve. As supporters we need to have faith in our Club.

• Like 1