Without A Bad Start...

SussexJag

By my reckoning we had:

- 7 points from 27 in the first 9 games - very bad.

- 11 points from 27 in the next 9 games - average.

So 18 points after 18 games - deep trouble.

- 19 points from 36 in the last 12 games - probably only Aberdeen and Celtic have bettered a run like that this season.

So if we avoided our usual terrible SPL opening couple of months, we could be ahead of Hearts and Saints.

And god knows how many points we've lost to very late goals...

Thought this all season - Archie must be kicking himself with his bad luck. For me our start was fully connected to our injury problems.

If I remember right, 12 players out on night 1 at Airdrie, a number of guys who had little or no pre-season (e.g. Booth, Elliott, Osman), 6 keepers in the match day squad this season, key players missing all or part of the the season etc

I'm fully convinced we fell out of games late early in the season due to this, which makes the job Archie and Scott have done all the more amazing

That's prob bang on re the start.

Fully agree about the manager and Paterson. Truly amazing.

Assuming they get poached at some point with the proverbial financial offer they can't refuse - any thoughts on our plan B? So many poor managers who get job after job. Pretty sure our board will have a plan though.

• Like 1

That's prob bang on re the start.

Fully agree about the manager and Paterson. Truly amazing.

Assuming they get poached at some point with the proverbial financial offer they can't refuse - any thoughts on our plan B? So many poor managers who get job after job. Pretty sure our board will have a plan though.

Shaggy has always said he wants to be a manager so I would give him first refusal, but let's hope it won't be happening for a good while yet!

While we're playing ifs and buts had we scored one measly goal two months ago at home to St Johnstone (hardly an unreasonable if) and a second goal at Tynecastle (even the most bitter Hearts fan would admit would've been deserved) the league would read St J 41 pts, Jambos 40 pts, Jags 40 pts.

Anyway, we didn't :)

• Like 1

Get rid of those late goals lost, and a European place might just have been there..........

But hey, this has been our best season in decades, so well done everybody!

Careful what you wish for here - The Europa League can be a killer for clubs like us - a June start to the competitive season and a potentially expensive trip to the middle of nowhere with a week to organise.

• 6 months later...

Thought this all season - Archie must be kicking himself with his bad luck. For me our start was fully connected to our injury problems.

If I remember right, 12 players out on night 1 at Airdrie, a number of guys who had little or no pre-season (e.g. Booth, Elliott, Osman), 6 keepers in the match day squad this season, key players missing all or part of the the season etc

I'm fully convinced we fell out of games late early in the season due to this, which makes the job Archie and Scott have done all the more amazing

im probably sounding like a broken record but our bad start has not been helped by atrocious refereeing decisions- penalty denied against Celtic, Rangers should have been down to 10 men, everyone’s entitled to their opinion but I am adamant that penalty Ross County got against us in the last few minutes was a legitimate tackle by turnbull and sport scene did not even think the Hearts equaliser was a valid goal (we would not have got it)and the penalty we were denied at accies- in fact we are the only team not to get a penalty yet in the division
  • Like 3