The Ground Staff

gianlucatoni

One for Sandy or maybe Fawlty Towers?

I thought we no longer had resident ground staff and that the pitch was maintained by external contractors ?

Or am I wrong.?

I remember when Davy? cut a thistle pattern in the centre circle, now that did look good.

To the best of my knowledge Allan Findlay is the man in charge and he has a few guys who assist him with the pitch but they are all employees if the club. I think during the summer with the drainage works there was an outside firm involved in that side of it. Hopefully over this summer it is just a case of doing some basic work on it and that saves some money as well which the club can then use to improve other areas of the stadium.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-staff/allan-findlay/

Edited by Fawlty Towers

I remember when Davy? cut a thistle pattern in the centre circle, now that did look good.

Davy Lyle was the turf artist in those days.

He also did a great Sunburst/Japanese flag one year.

Did Thistle not get stick from the SFA for "altering the official pitch markings" or some such tosh because of these designs?

Now a driving instructor around Westerton - a great loss to the world of grounds keeping.

To the best of my knowledge Allan Findlay is the man in charge and he has a few guys who assist him with the pitch but they are all employees if the club. I think during the summer with the drainage works there was an outside firm involved in that side of it. Hopefully over this summer it is just a case of doing some basic work on it and that saves some money as well which the club can then use to improve other areas of the stadium.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-staff/allan-findlay/

Thanks FT

Davy Lyle was the turf artist in those days.

He also did a great Sunburst/Japanese flag one year.

Did Thistle not get stick from the SFA for "altering the official pitch markings" or some such tosh because of these designs?

Now a driving instructor around Westerton - a great loss to the world of grounds keeping.

And thanks also to you RS