Could Do Better?

BowenBoys

Kids is definitely the way to go!

Ideas 1) a card to be stamped every time they attend and they get rewards for five , ten and twenty-five games in a season - something like a red, black and yellow wrist band, a cap for ten and something more creative for the twenty-five one.

2) bring along two adults who have to be non Thistle supporters and one gets in free

For the students, and remember there are three universities in the city as well as colleges

1) give them both league cup matches at home free entry on production of their matric card (remember they will be on holiday at that time but not beyond the wit of somebody at the club to get as much Thistle related advertising on to the various campuses for the season after this one)

2) there should be ongoing incentives for students to bring along a mate - two for the price of one at certain matches it would be.

3) we REALLY need a relationship with one of the academic institutions e.g. The Strathclyde team

4) a girl supporter bringing her boyfriend or vice versa would get a discount on production of matric card

Would it be non PC to set up , for example , the Polish Jags Club or the Asian Red 'n' Yellas?

We really have to look at "sections"/"groups" in society and see if we can think outside the box to attract them - have a teachers' club or an accountants' group.

Vegetarians against the Nazis group!

• Like 1

How about some out-of-the-ordinary in the way of pre-match and H-T entertainment? Daft ideas: a couple of greyhound races! Falconry display (helps solve the pigeon problem)! A couple of live bands (a couple in Glasgow are Jags fans)! And of course for the wee folk: face painting and bouncy castles!

The online ticket site really should be sorted out. I don't use it any more. Easier to phone to add cup games to season ticket. Numerous problems with accessing it from various devices/browsers. It is very confusing and counter-intuitive. If you have something to sell online, best not to present the customer with an obstacle course.

The Club has made great strides forward in the last few years and I have really appreciated the way it is trying to do things differently - in a way that reflects our traditions and uniqueness. This can't be easy but when it works, it works really well and makes be even prouder to be a Jags fan. The Shrigley art collaboration, Kingsley, the Kids for Free initiative, the local connections with charities - are just a few examples of when we get it right. And when we get it right we get it spectacularly right.

However, we still get a lot of the basics wrong and in particular it is the inability to follow through on commitments and as a result to deliver poor customer service. The marketing initiative from a couple of years ago (I can't remember what it was called) was one example. The other, which has already been commented on in this thread is the admin and customer service related to the player sponsorship packages.

I very seldom post on here and when I do it is most likely related to my interest in all things related to Thistle memorabilia. As many of you know I collect Thistle match worn shorts (99 in total....and dating back to the late 60s). I’ve been collecting for over 40 years. In the early years it was programmes - and I remember some great conversations and meetings with the late Molly Stallon who helped me start the collection. For about 10 years now, I've taken out player sponsorship - firstly to help the Club and secondly to ensure I got a match worn home and away shirt at the end of the season. At the beginning of the season I always ask for confirmation that this is the agreement. For me, funding two sponsorships is a big commitment - a lot of money and I choose to do this over a second holiday. It therefore has become a real disappointment to me in recent years that, on many occasions the shirts have quite clearly not been match worn and when I question this I don't even get the courtesy of a reply. In anticipation of the problem this year, I contacted a Board Director and the MD before the end of the season to ask for their help in making sure I got “the real deal” – I didn’t receive a reply. I find this really frustrating and at the danger of exaggeration quite heartbreaking. The feeling you're left with is that you're a bit of a nuisance - hugely disappointing given the amount that I have given to the Club over the years - through sponsorships and season tickets. It obviously makes me question whether I should continue to give money to the Club – the irony is I want to but sometimes they don’t make it easy for you! My plea therefore would be for the Club to get better at following through on commitments, replying to emails and recognising what is important to their fans. Yes, the big initiatives are important but let’s make sure we focus on the basics and do everything we can to retain customer loyalty and support.

• Like 4

Talking to a guy last week who went to see Middlesex V Somerset at Lords cricket ground last month. It was announced over the tannoy that the ladies hat competition would take place in the Warner stand, and that ladies were reminded that they must be accompanied at all times by a gentleman wearing a jacket, shirt and tie.

I think something similar would go down well at Firhill.

Edited by eljaggo

As has been covered in a number of posts there are things that we as a club need to improve on but it is also important that we remember the things we do well:

http://sportsmarketi...istle-innovate/

To quote from the above

However, for a team almost on the verge of bankruptcy only 10 years ago and lamenting in the third division, this achievement is somewhat incredible

Really sorry I seem to have missed that season lamenting in the Third Division. The promotion celebrations must have been brilliant and I could have filled in that Elgin City shaped gap in my CV.

Edited by partickthedog

As has been covered in a number of posts there are things that we as a club need to improve on but it is also important that we remember the things we do well: http://sportsmarketi...istle-innovate/

I don't think anyone is forgetting the good things that happen at the club, FT. They have been mentioned here.

Tbh, that is a heavily airbrushed article; "their average attendance has risen every year since their promotion to the top flight of Scottish football". That's not really surprising and in the most recent period we had two home games against Celtic, Rangers & Aberdeen. Where are the real figures to support his argument? What is the increase in home fans attending over that period? Not significant, I would suggest.

Nobody is using this thread as a club to beat the... erm... club. The stadium is half empty at most games. We all want that situation to change.

I don't think anyone is forgetting the good things that happen at the club, FT. They have been mentioned here.

Tbh, that is a heavily airbrushed article; "their average attendance has risen every year since their promotion to the top flight of Scottish football". That's not really surprising and in the most recent period we had two home games against Celtic, Rangers & Aberdeen. Where are the real figures to support his argument? What is the increase in home fans attending over that period? Not significant, I would suggest.

Nobody is using this thread as a club to beat the... erm... club. The stadium is half empty at most games. We all want that situation to change.

Absolutely agree Phil, I hope it did not come across that I was having a go at people for pointing out things that need to be improved upon. I just thought that this was an interesting article especially in regard to the use of social media which seems to be something that if you want to be a successful organisation these days you really have to be on top of.

• Like 1

Talking to a guy last week who went to see Middlesex V Somerset at Lords cricket ground last month. It was announced over the tannoy that the ladies hat competition would take place in the Warner stand, and that ladies were reminded that they must be accompanied at all times by a gentleman wearing a jacket, shirt and tie.

I think something similar would go down well at Firhill.

:D

Top post One Banana.

Many fans give through Season Tickets, Hospitality or Player Sponsorship. I wish the Club was better at recognising & rewarding that level of commitment.

Prompt, friendly customer service is a minimum requirement in my book

Keeping the stadium clean would be a great start.

And whilst we're talking about what the club can do better, can I also ask some fans to do something better - namely stop smoking in the toilets. Surely to God you can go a couple of hours without a ciggie.

• Like 2

Just remembered another issue which I have raised with the club on numerous occasions to no effect. As you walk up towards the stadium on the side of the Main Stand there is a large sign which still promotes Puma & Greaves - how many years has it been since they were involved with the club? Also, as you go up South Drive it has Jackie Husband on the side of the stand but at least one of the letters is hanging by a thread - not giving a great impression.

So, a deep clean of the stadium and fix the signs before the start of the season please.

Blair Spittal was announced as a Thistle player Thursday lunchtime. At the bottom of the page on the OS was a link to sponsor his kit. As soon as I saw the article (less than two hours later) I tried to reserve his kit for the forum. I have not received a reply.

The club really need to join the dots. Don't just press a button to put up an article, press a button to alert all departments.

• Like 2

Blair Spittal was announced as a Thistle player Thursday lunchtime. At the bottom of the page on the OS was a link to sponsor his kit. As soon as I saw the article (less than two hours later) I tried to reserve his kit for the forum. I have not received a reply.

The club really need to join the dots. Don't just press a button to put up an article, press a button to alert all departments.

And if you go to the team section of the website to think about who to sponsor you find that we have not updated that since the season ended. It might seem like a small thing but it is getting the small things right that builds the foundation for you to go on and do the bigger things.

And if you go to the team section of the website to think about who to sponsor you find that we have not updated that since the season ended. It might seem like a small thing but it is getting the small things right that builds the foundation for you to go on and do the bigger things.

As you said in your first post on the thread, an extra pair of hands in the office might help.

Ive contacted the Club directly about BS sponsorship too Phil. No reply.

Not sure how feasible this is but thinking re ideas for Fathers Day wondered if was possible to get gift vouchers from the club - could spend on hospitality, shop etc.

Doesn't seem to be an option but I would definitely use if became available. Sure many folk might for example not want/be able to pay £80 for hospitality - but (say) a birthday & Xmas gift of £40 and there you go. Obviously you wouldn't go as an individual so a little hint to family and there's £160 to club rather than elsewhere?

Anyone agree that could work or reasons why it hasn't/couldn't ?

Not sure how feasible this is but thinking re ideas for Fathers Day wondered if was possible to get gift vouchers from the club - could spend on hospitality, shop etc. Doesn't seem to be an option but I would definitely use if became available. Sure many folk might for example not want/be able to pay £80 for hospitality - but (say) a birthday & Xmas gift of £40 and there you go. Obviously you wouldn't go as an individual so a little hint to family and there's £160 to club rather than elsewhere? Anyone agree that could work or reasons why it hasn't/couldn't ?

That's a good idea. As it is possible to add cup games to the season ticket, it ought to be possible to add a gift voucher too.

Maybe the only drawback of having moved on to the ST card is the loss of the various special offer/discount vouchers at the back of the ST book. There's certain things that lend themselves to having hard copies and I reckon that would be one. I fully realise that special offers/on going discounts can be handled thru the ST card but it would be a case for many of out of sight out of mind.