The Match Day Experience

MMCF

I get a bit huffy about being chucked out my seat. 4 times a season is totally pushing it. But I don't mind the North Stand, and I spent nearly a whole season going there. What I DONT LIKE is turning our ground into a home game for the scummiest teams in the world. It's OUR ground not theirs. Stick a thousand of them in a corner. Points = money FFS.

Calm down - I read it that he was making a general point aimed at the club's approach towards our fans for games against the ugly sisters. Nothing personal against you at all, beyond suggesting that our fans shouldn't be malleably accepting of the club's apparent willingness to move heaven and earth to accommodate the puddle drinkers' pounds.

Really, his response was "see everyone. This is the type of prostitute I am talking about" I don't see how you don't think that is personal. Just because I have a different opinion on what is important to me as a fan and to the success of the club. We have been losing to them long before even segregation became the norm

Really, his response was "see everyone. This is the type of prostitute I am talking about" I don't see how you don't think that is personal. Just because I have a different opinion on what is important to me as a fan and to the success of the club. We have been losing to them long before even segregation became the norm

No worries LJ.

I just read it differently to the way you obviously have. I agree it wasn't the most clever comment I've ever read on here, but let's move on and horse this shower on Tuesday.

So are you a prostitute and that is why you are upset? If not just brush it off and stop crying, what age are you 12?

I have the sense that there is an attitude among some groups that we just have to "put up with things" in order to have our place at the top table in Scottish football. The question occurs to me just how many more compromises would they be willing to surrender for the greater good? For example, if it were deemed economically expedient for the visitors to be given even more of the stadium, because "home" fan numbers continued to decline, would they be content to give up the North Stand as well as the JHS in order for the club to maximise the clubs income?

In short, where is the line where the anti-social behaviour of the guests and the changes imposed on the home fans becomes too much? I would suggest that for a significant number (who should not be pilloried for their choices by anyone) that line has already been crossed. This early in the season where three of the first four home league games have been subjected to change - and yes I think that the imposition of the four o'clock kick off next Saturday is a big inconvenience - it must be a concern that fans will drift away and not come back.

• Like 2

The choice is to give the old firm the colin weir, or the jh stand. Both have merits, and you'll get different opinions.

The more puzzling aspect is the shrinkage of the home gate. Even with iniatives like free juveniles. There was no displacement at the Aberdeen game, and their away cross must have just about matched our home numbers.

I think in the context of reducing home gates, there is more rationale for giving the bigger stands to the of. I know that in unpalatable but financially it makes more sense.

I do think we should be investing more time into discussing how to drive up gates, in general.

I think if we only gave the weir stand to rangers on Tuesday; we'd do well to get 4.5k gate. I'm being a bit hypocritical as I can't go on Tuesday!

Unfortunately I think that consistent finishes in the premier league do little for attendances. Kilmarnock struggle. Look at what happened to Hibs and Hearts when they went down and then came back up. Attendances rocketed. Great that Thistle have established themselves but I think this is the reality.

It makes a nonsense of calls for a bigger league.

• Like 1

I think if we only gave the weir stand to rangers on Tuesday; we'd do well to get 4.5k gate.

But we're led to believe neither sevco nor Celtic can be housed in the Weir Stand for H & S/duty of care reasons. This confusion all goes back to Maxi's doublespeak in the ET a few weeks ago.

With the gate split it means the financial incentive to move stands is near halved. Be nice to stay put but since we're in effect giving up home advantage we might have been better off being drawn away at Ibrox. At least our share of the gate money would be higher and our newly named stadium would escape further punishment.

Unfortunately I think that consistent finishes in the premier league do little for attendances. Kilmarnock struggle. Look at what happened to Hibs and Hearts when they went down and then came back up. Attendances rocketed. Great that Thistle have established themselves but I think this is the reality.

It makes a nonsense of calls for a bigger league.

Naw, let's just play the same teams over and over again.That'll sure keep attendances up.

Why do we stop at the old firm? Aberdeen would fill the JHS too. Offensive or not, anyone that believes what we do for rangers and celtic isn't some form of 'prostitution' is kidding themselves on.

I'm not as hardline as you on this and I was in favour of moving around to maximise revenue and maintain segregation. But I must admit, the sight and sound of that toxic sectarian psh coming from the area I've stood and sat in all my life is starting to grate.