Reserve Match on Monday

Fawlty Towers

10 hours ago, Hankey said:

Why are people that were then posting about him hobbling about after being clattered then and being kept on in a meaningless game?

elevenone has already answered. He took one knock late on, which has somehow been transferred into getting lumps kicked out of him. 

Btw I thought yesterday was kinda typical of U20s (now reserves) games when older players, returning from injury or getting match fitness, are involved. The team plays better after they're subbed. Banzo, Brice and perhaps Quitongo are simply playing to a different agenda than the others.  Sort of the opposite to trialists playing in a pre-season friendly.

The discussion about whether to start Fitzpatrick or not reminds me a bit of McArthy’s situation last season. He had played really well in the sub appearances he had and people were clamouring for him to start. But when he did, I would say he was pretty average. It may be better to deal with Fitzpatrick the way we did with Bannigan at the start. He was about the same age as Aiden. He played a couple of friendlies or games vs lower league opposition at the start of the season and then a couple more at the end. I certainly wouldn’t be putting all the pressure on a 17 year old to be our match winner.

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Never understood why players who don't get a game on Saturday don't play in reserves to keep match fitness up including Dools who only got 17 minutes.

I would hope what you say would be the case. Probably at least playing unused substitutes, especially those who've sat on the bench for a couple of weeks. 

This whole reserve league thingy tho' doesn't seem  that well thought out. Hibs and County have effectively played their youth teams. We're more or less doing the same. If it was still the U20s  Banzo & Brice and at least one (maybe two) of the trialists would still have been allowed to play. Also not too sure why under sixteens aren't now permitted to play.

maybe after united went 2 up that would have been an ideal time to give aiden  a run out 

was at the reserve game thought aiden looks the real deal, however we should not be piling on the pressure on the young lad

also thought that wilson did alright

the star of the show was the baldy street singer in the stand  pure dead brilliant, what a voice and plenty of razzamatazz  :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Never understood why players who don't get a game on Saturday don't play in reserves to keep match fitness up including Dools who only got 17 minutes.

Maybe because Dools can't play a full 90 minutes. Or maybe because the bench is so light he is needed as a potential substitute for the Saturday games.

56 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

the star of the show was the baldy street singer in the stand  pure dead brilliant, what a voice and plenty of razzamatazz  :thumbsup:

Yeh who is that dude?  Often see him on matchdays dancing on the pavement in Maryhill Rd.  I think he was ejected at HT for going on pitch and wanting kick about with the subs.  In fairness he should have been given the chance to show what he could do. :)

8 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I would hope what you say would be the case. Probably at least playing unused substitutes, especially those who've sat on the bench for a couple of weeks. 

This whole reserve league thingy tho' doesn't seem  that well thought out. Hibs and County have effectively played their youth teams. We're more or less doing the same. If it was still the U20s  Banzo & Brice and at least one (maybe two) of the trialists would still have been allowed to play. Also not too sure why under sixteens aren't now permitted to play.

The under 16 rules seems a bit crazy for the reserves , off the top of my head some players were playing first team football at 16 ( Wayne Rooney , Michael Owen and even up in Scotland James McCarthy was in the Hamilton first team as well . Not terribly well thought out .