New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Yet you couldn't do this for the proposed consortium takeover?

We know who they are and their track record .... if Colin weir buys the club we don’t know anything about who will be on the board so let’s reserve judgement 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We know who they are and their track record .... if Colin weir buys the club we don’t know anything about who will be on the board so let’s reserve judgement 

And that's as concerning as the proposed consortium. Colin Weir buys the club, doesn't want to be involved  so we wont have a clue who will be on the board??.

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

And that's as concerning as the proposed consortium. Colin Weir buys the club, doesn't want to be involved  so we wont have a clue who will be on the board??.

Not if Colin Weir is going to hand over the shares to an organisation. To have fans' backing that would need the governance arrangements in place before the new set-up took over. If what JJ is claiming that the current board are happy to remain then that would be a perfectly acceptable interim arrangement. The shareholders get to sell their shares, the fans own the club and going forward, in the short term at least, the club is run by people who are trusted by fans and management.

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

Not if Colin Weir is going to hand over the shares to an organisation. To have fans' backing that would need the governance arrangements in place before the new set-up took over. If what JJ is claiming that the current board are happy to remain then that would be a perfectly acceptable interim arrangement. The shareholders get to sell their shares, the fans own the club and going forward, in the short term at least, the club is run by people who are trusted by fans and management.

IF Colin Weir hands over to the fans, but he might insist on his own representative as happened previously and look what happened there!

10 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Oh, I can think of someone who might well be on the board should Colin Weir have any say in the matter.

Just remind me, who was his vicar-on-earth last time round. I mean before he threw his toys, and some funding, out of the pram.

2 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Oh, I can think of someone who might well be on the board should Colin Weir have any say in the matter.

Just remind me, who was his vicar-on-earth last time round. I mean before he threw his toys, and some funding, out of the pram.

If that came to fruition then we will crash and burn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Maybe he wouldn’t have done that if we had shown him even a modicum of respect.

Funny how he couldn't be contacted by Beattie, but made an instant re-appearance for TfE.

I mean funny peculiar, not funny ha-ha of course.

Or do you mean the same respect shown to Dools by the former 'communications expert'?

Edited by Semi Nurainen
usual typo!
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Misogyny 

16 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

He took the huff because his wee pet was shown the door.

Think most of us would have done the eff you thing , I certainly would have but he obviously is still a supporter and wants to be involved at some sort of  level .

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Boards plural  not Board singular 

The plan by TFE is to have two boards, an operational one (Selected) and a club board (elected or co-opted on to).

32 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The plan by TFE is to have two boards, an operational one (Selected) and a club board (elected or co-opted on to).

You dont know if tfe will take over yet nor do I ....so let’s see if anything happens 

24 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Signed Caldwell, serially fcuked up 'communications' - incompetence.

Yes if there is on e thing that’s improved beyond all recognition since the new board came in its communication .......its the zen of communication the less you say the more is said ....

55 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

See, these are the type of details which need to be sorted out. My preferred model would be one board of non-executive, elacted members supplementeded by appointees with suitable experience and a management team answering to them.

43 minutes ago, scotty said:

See, these are the type of details which need to be sorted out. My preferred model would be one board of non-executive, elacted members supplementeded by appointees with suitable experience and a management team answering to them.

From what I’m lead to believe the operational board will be made up of TFE people and their selected Co-ops with the (elected) club board answering to the operational board

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

From what I’m lead to believe the operational board will be made up of TFE people and their selected Co-ops with the (elected) club board answering to the operational board

Where did you get these details? If TFE are running away with the planning then in my mind it's not fan ownership and I for one will remove my support.

37 minutes ago, scotty said:

Where did you get these details? If TFE are running away with the planning then in my mind it's not fan ownership and I for one will remove my support.

It alludes to it on Q&A on their site, and I’ve had several people being told the same 

Q. Will the democratically elected fans be running the club unfettered?

There would be a Club Board of people with the required skills to run a football club just as it is now, and it will be directly responsible to the Fan Board which will be made up from elected representatives of the fans.

• admin locked this topic