Manager

Gordie

McCall, do you want him?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be manager of PTFC?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes - we're financially ****** if we get rid of him and if he walks we'll be left with a manager or management team with no experience.

I cannot honestly see us being relegated this season - the goals are starting to come from a variety of players and if we can shore up the defence we'll be fine.

We need to unite behind everyone from the management team down - we need stability in the staff just now.

We will also need to unite as fans behind whatever may be brewing in the coming weeks re the board and club ownership. Once the top of the club is sorted and stable then we can start to look at other aspects of its running - if McCall hangs around through all this and keeps us up/improves then I for one will give him respect for it.

I voted yes - we're financially ****** if we get rid of him and if he walks we'll be left with a manager or management team with no experience.

I cannot honestly see us being relegated this season - the goals are starting to come from a variety of players and if we can shore up the defence we'll be fine.

We need to unite behind everyone from the management team down - we need stability in the staff just now.

We will also need to unite as fans behind whatever may be brewing in the coming weeks re the board and club ownership. Once the top of the club is sorted and stable then we can start to look at other aspects of its running - if McCall hangs around through all this and keeps us up/improves then I for one will give him respect for it.

That's as good an argument for keeping McCall as your going to get but my gut feeling is that he is done as a manager.He may have somthing to offer the club in some other way but we have been too poor for too long now under him to make me think he can turn it around.

Players haven't developed enough under him and he hasn't developed as a manager either.

What makes you think we wont go down?When we go a goal behind we seem incapeable of coming back to get anything and in our last 3 games we have went ahead and still lost,to me that spells relagation.Also as i said in another post this year we have played 25 league games and our record is lost 17,won 7,drawn 1 relegation form.

Yes. It takes a lot of skill to be so bad to lose to plumbers and postmen two weeks in a row.

Exactly. We have lost to 2 very very poor part time teams already this season. And don't forget we were rather fortunate to beat both Clyde and Annan at the start of the season, third division nobodies.

With the squad of players we have there is simply no excuse to be at the bottom of the league. And we haven't been unfortunate, we simply haven't been good enough. Rubbish tactis, rubbish team selection, inability to motgivate, etc. These problems lie with McCall regardless of his budget.

McCall Out.

This ^^^^^^^

I was and am pissed off with they way things are goin, I even turned on McCall too on Saturday (I think that's what Gordie was talkin about in another thread)...in fact as we left the ground we saw Davie Irons and I asked if he wanted McCalls job, that's how pissed off I am with things. BUT in the cold light of day and with the haziness of drink now completely worn off I have to agree wi Merryhell...and GrantB.

This ^^^^^^^

I was and am pissed off with they way things are goin, I even turned on McCall too on Saturday (I think that's what Gordie was talkin about in another thread)...in fact as we left the ground we saw Davie Irons and I asked if he wanted McCalls job, that's how pissed off I am with things. BUT in the cold light of day and with the haziness of drink now completely worn off I have to agree wi Merryhell...and GrantB.

While he has improved the setup of the club, I'm afraid that he has lost his way and I doubt if he has the coaching skills to turn things around; at the same time, he is now dependent on newcomers to coaching, unlike when he had Gardner Speirs at his side, and John Henry, who obviously had the ability to step up to a higher level.

I have voted yes.

The cost of sacking him is one thing, but I'm mot sure that there is too much wrong that can't be fixed with a bit of confidence. OK, so we have lost the last 3 games by 2 goals to 1, but had we held onto the lead in each of them, we would now be sitting in 4th place, just 3 points off the lead. I know that it is easy to say, but if we could stop giving away easy goals then I think that McCall can see us to mid table safety, although he does need to get it sorted fast.

3 points from the league leaders and a cup final appearance would certainly help with the confidence.

couple of names to throw in the hat, who just might take the "step up".

jim mcinally at east stirling

stephen tweed at montrose

gardner spiers at queens park

alan maitland at alloa

kenny brannigan at queen of the south

no one else really in scotland, thats in a job.

Mcinally - failed at Morton despite having a bigger budget than us.

Tweed - took Montrose to the bottom of Div 3 and kept them there. No way!

Spiers - has job security at QP, has already been here

Maitland - has a good job outside football and would only take over a p/t club

Brannigan - has been hunted from Firhill once before. Having seen his team on Sat, a big no thanks.

I voted Yes. Still believe McCall can turn it around.

In reply to an earlier post, we weren't lucky to beat clyde. We dominated pratically the entire 2nd half. I'm alarmed that we can't hold onto a lead but I think it can be fixed. We can't afford to be cut adrift so we are fortunate that Stirling and Morton are also struggling. I feel the remaining games of this quarter, we'll struggle to get a win so I'd give it until half way point and see how things are.

at the moment the majority wany him to stay, wether that be because we cant afford to sack him orthey actaully still have faith in him, the fact is well over 100 have voted and it is a clear majority.

its good to gauge the feelings of others, I hope you are right and I the other 40% are made to eat some humble pie.

at the moment the majority wany him to stay, wether that be because we cant afford to sack him orthey actaully still have faith in him, the fact is well over 100 have voted and it is a clear majority.

its good to gauge the feelings of others, I hope you are right and I the other 40% are made to eat some humble pie.

I voted for McCall to stay, but I don't want anyone eating 'humble pie" I know why a lot of folk think he's not the man for the job, but I honestly think he's still the best manager we've had, apart from Lambie, in the past twenty years and I'm confident that he can turn things around. If we can get a win against Dunfermline!..... Come on the Jags!

I have no faith in the man at all.

A manager who cannot organise a team to beat two poor part time teams or cannot instruct a team on how to hold on to a lead in several games does not deserve the job.

The decay just hasn't set in this season - the team results and performances have been declining since January under McCall's watch and it looks clear that he has no ideas on how to change it.

I hope I'm wrong and things change for the better but even if they do, I still don't want him in the hot seat. This club has had enough rollercoasters.