Manager

Gordie

McCall, do you want him?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be manager of PTFC?

• Yes
    • No

at the moment the majority wany him to stay, wether that be because we cant afford to sack him orthey actaully still have faith in him, the fact is well over 100 have voted and it is a clear majority.

its good to gauge the feelings of others, I hope you are right and I the other 40% are made to eat some humble pie.

To be fair tho Gordie there are folk on the harry wraggs forum that dont post on here, if they took part in this poll its likely we'd be bang on the 50/50 split.

At the time that the boardy types chucked it last week, this poll was running at about 40:20 AGAINST McCall. With them out, a large majority then votes in FAVOUR of McCall.

Another defeat, and he's a "clueless diddy" again and the votes even out somewhat.

We are like the fickle masses in some 1950's Biblical epic, swaying one way then the other. The internet brings out the worst in many of us, I suppose, but the inability of Jags fans to see anything beyond the shortest of short-terms is kinda depressing...

I think most Jags Fans are realistic and realise that being bottom of the league at the end of September is not a sacking offence. Most also realise that we are under severe financial constraints and the manager should not be expected to work miracles. Most also realise that not only can we not afford a new manager, there is no obvious candidate who would be better than him.

Anyone who wants to sack a manager working under severe financial restraints only a few weeks into season is at best unrealistic, at worst deluded.

I think most Jags Fans are realistic and realise that being bottom of the league at the end of September is not a sacking offence. Most also realise that we are under severe financial constraints and the manager should not be expected to work miracles. Most also realise that not only can we not afford a new manager, there is no obvious candidate who would be better than him.

Anyone who wants to sack a manager working under severe financial restraints only a few weeks into season is at best unrealistic, at worst deluded.

A lot there I can agree on but ...

1/the team appears to not know how to win or even get a draw.

2/we may man for man have better players than quite a few of our rivals but what should on paper be adequate to achieve mid table status is showing no signs of being fulfilled on the pitch.

3/I don't see the situation as early in the season so much as late in the year. When you factor in performances & results Jan-May last season then McCall's position is rightfully being questioned. Is it something like 22pts out of 75? That's about the equivalent of about 32pts for a season more or less guaranteeing straight relegation :thumbdown:

I tend towards keeping IMcC as I can't see a financial way of getting rid of him, an obvious successor (again as much due to finances as folk waiting on the wings) and I've still a bit of faith in him. That said others who want he out can hardly be said to be unrealistic or deluded.

how many times does it need to be said, can money be used as an excuse with cowdenbeath miles in front, or raith top of the league?

No problem about staying up this season. With Dundee going into administration we will be saveed.

The way things are going Dundee would easily make up the points deduction they may incur and finish above us. Best we can hope for this season if McCall stays is the play off.

McCall should go now - nothing will change under him. He's tactically naive, bereft of creative ideas, unable to motivate and a bullsh*tter.

And I see from last night's ET that the captain is now spouting the same pish as McCall - you don't get the luck when you're down at the bottom.

Dear oh dear.

But it's not just this season's games. I calculate that our league record in 2010 is 18 defeats in 25 matches. We had the worst record in our division between January and May. We are now bottom of the league after 6 defeats in 7 games with Ross County (away) and Falkirk (home) to complete the first quarter. On current form we will be lucky to get more 20 points this season.

Frankly, it would be difficult to find a worse manager given our form this year. If we advertised, there could be some surprising applications. There are lots of able ex-managers looking for work.

But it's not just this season's games. I calculate that our league record in 2010 is 18 defeats in 25 matches. We had the worst record in our division between January and May. We are now bottom of the league after 6 defeats in 7 games with Ross County (away) and Falkirk (home) to complete the first quarter. On current form we will be lucky to get more 20 points this season.

Frankly, it would be difficult to find a worse manager given our form this year. If we advertised, there could be some surprising applications. There are lots of able ex-managers looking for work.

And who exactly will be footing the Pay-off and chipping in with a new manager's wage?

Is it not quite amusing that there are no great number of people who want mcCall to stay because they think he's the best man for the job. Looks like the majority want him to stay because we don't have the money to pay him off or because they can't think of anyone to replace him.

I wonder if there will now be loads of people posting that they want him to stay because they have 100% faith in him, think he's great and will definitely turn things round. :thinking:

Is it not quite amusing that there are no great number of people who want mcCall to stay because they think he's the best man for the job. Looks like the majority want him to stay because we don't have the money to pay him off or because they can't think of anyone to replace him.

I wonder if there will now be loads of people posting that they want him to stay because they have 100% faith in him, think he's great and will definitely turn things round. :thinking:

I think you should really start your own poll rather than second guessing.

Usually I'm against all this "sack the manager" talk, but we play like s*** since the last half (or last quarter) of the last season and now it really shows that he doesn't seem to reach the players anymore. No confidence in the team once they concede a goal (shows in the game against QoS, once they scored the equalizer I just knew Thistle would lose this game as well...).

A new manager would mean a new spirit at Firhill and hopefully it would also mean we can start winning again.

Possibly to do with the options as well.