New manager/coach

Big Wull

2 hours ago, Big Wull said:

I think I would start with 2 strikers tomorrow and really go for it, I think if we get early goal they might just give up. Adeoloe and Graham, diack to replace 1 of them 10mins into 2nd half.

I’d be very surprised if Dools agrees with 2 strikers

I think I would start with 2 strikers tomorrow and really go for it, I think if we get early goal they might just give up. Adeoloe and Graham, diack to replace 1 of them 10mins into 2nd half.

Scoring goals is not our problem. Letting them in at the other end is where we have an issue. How does 2 strikers help that ?

51 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Scoring goals is not our problem. Letting them in at the other end is where we have an issue. How does 2 strikers help that

Sometimes in defence, less is more.  Too many defender get in each others way. Plain n simple clear ur lines. No daft tippy tappy. I would also get a keeper that could catch cross balls. If there is a safe pair of hands, then defence get more confident. Easy.

The amazing Roughie was sometimes criticized for not mastering cross balls. Even the toothless Goram never went  for any ball in his 6-yard area, yet he is considered by some (bigots) to  be some kind of super-hero. Basically, some goalies "command" the area in front or their goal, and some demand that that is the job of of their defenders. 

Discuss.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Big Wull said:

I think today, I would sit them all down, and say'each 1 of you are playing for your future. If we continue to play as poor, u will be out the door in the summer.'

that may act as an incentive for a few of them to continue poor form though :getmecoat:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 3:41 PM, Jaggernaut said:

The amazing Roughie was sometimes criticized for not mastering cross balls. Even the toothless Goram never went  for any ball in his 6-yard area, yet he is considered by some (bigots) to  be some kind of super-hero. Basically, some goalies "command" the area in front or their goal, and some demand that that is the job of of their defenders. 

Discuss.

The problem is when a keeper tries to be both of these types and ends up being neither.

I think Nicky Walker was 1 if the best goal keepers we had....and nearly scored the 1st goal on the opening of the Jackie Husband,  only for Issac English to tap it in.

Off topic, but I reckon that maybe after whisky, Walker's Shortbread must be the most widely exported Scottish product in the world. I've seen it on shop shelves in every of the many countries I've visited.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Off topic, but I reckon that maybe after whisky, Walker's Shortbread must be the most widely exported Scottish product in the world. I've seen it on shop shelves in every of the many countries I've visited.

I know for a fact the empty tins themselves were exported, often at great profit. Possibly still do.

• 2 weeks later...