Big Announcement

javeajag

2 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

This takes me back to a point I made earlier. Was last season a "one off" in terms of TBC's financial support (remember the Scottish Government was giving Championship clubs £500K) or is it something that is required longer term?

The club will have to stand in its own ….unless there is something in Colin weirs estate that continues 3BC for some reason I wouldn’t expect it to continue much after the shares are transferred

There is an unfashionable point here …..the club is being handed over debt free 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

The club will have to stand in its own ….unless there is something in Colin weirs estate that continues 3BC for some reason I wouldn’t expect it to continue much after the shares are transferred

Not unfashionable with me but I think it would be helpful for both the club and TBC if a bit more clarity around can the club "wash it's own face" without any funds coming from the non standard sources was out there.

25 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Not unfashionable with me but I think it would be helpful for both the club and TBC if a bit more clarity around can the club "wash it's own face" without any funds coming from the non standard sources was out there.

It will have to …..as in the past ..spend only what you have , which is of course why getting £100k a year from the foundation would be helpful 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

There is only £300k left in 3BC accounts. There is also nothing in Colin Weirs will about the shares (and land) being handed over, as confirmed at the open evening. 

45 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It’s on record at the meeting that the shares and land are not left to the fans in any legal documents, you were at the meeting you should have heard that 

They there is no legal obligation on the shares to transfer to a fans group but that was Colin weirs express wish…..the land would transfer after the share transfer for tax reasons …..nothing was said about anything else 

4 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

There is only £300k left in 3BC accounts. There is also nothing in Colin Weirs will about the shares (and land) being handed over, as confirmed at the open evening. 

I’ll do a Norge …..the 300k is in their accounts and as the club is a  subsidiary so that cash will come to the club therefore the fans take over a debt free club with 300k in the bank 

13 hours ago, javeajag said:

I’ll do a Norge …..the 300k is in their accounts and as the club is a  subsidiary so that cash will come to the club therefore the fans take over a debt free club with 300k in the bank 

Not if the Club are currently running at a loss

Just now, javeajag said:

It isn’t 

And you know this for sure? Why did 3BC have to transfer £500k to the Club before? Money is tight, we saw that in the transfer window.

Work needs done on the pitch & ground. We (the fans) could be inheriting a Club going into debt

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sandy said:

And you know this for sure? Why did 3BC have to transfer £500k to the Club before? Money is tight, we saw that in the transfer window.

Work needs done on the pitch & ground. We (the fans) could be inheriting a Club going into debt

Not knowing anything might mean you try and find out ? For example you said 3BC transferred £500k to the club, maybe they did or didn’t. We don’t know so you don’t know , but you state it as a fact as it suits your negative argument.

Sorry to tell you the club is debt free.

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Not knowing anything might mean you try and find out ? For example you said 3BC transferred £500k to the club, maybe they did or didn’t. We don’t know so you don’t know , but you state it as a fact as it suits your negative argument.

Sorry to tell you the club is debt free.

Look at the docs on Pie & Bovril. They did.

Take your blinkers off. You are not the ‘know-all’ that you like to think 

Edited by sandy

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Look at the docs on Pie & Bovril. They did.

Take your blinkers off. You are not the ‘know-all’ that you like to think 

So let’s assume they did …. So what ? Only a thistle fan could turn getting £500k as a bad thing 

the club will be handed over debt free which is a positive except to you 

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So let’s assume they did …. So what ? Only a thistle fan could turn getting £500k as a bad thing 

If it was debt free it would a positive thing. But…read the docs - it’s not a gift or donation, it’s a loan 

Edited by sandy

55 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The line is the club runs on a balanced budget. If £500k is passed across (gift/ loan or whatever) to balance the books then that line is not accurate, the club is run (or was) at a £500k deficit which will need plugged

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

The line is the club runs on a balanced budget. If £500k is passed across (gift/ loan or whatever) to balance the books then that line is not accurate, the club is run (or was) at a £500k deficit which will need plugged

The line is the club will be handed over debt free. Your negative speculation continues.

Watching the presentation gave me a more positive view of the process and plan.  2 stand outs for me.

1. Def need an aim.  There is no "Save The Jags" scenario so need an aspiration to nudge people to join which had broad agreement.

2. £10 a month is not much.  A supporter says she spends more on coffee a week and she's right.

One last thing on this @Norgethistle does bring up some good points and I like a challenge but mate you need to know when to type and not as I'm beginning to switch off from your replies.  

19 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Watching the presentation gave me a more positive view of the process and plan.  2 stand outs for me.

1. Def need an aim.  There is no "Save The Jags" scenario so need an aspiration to nudge people to join which had broad agreement.

2. £10 a month is not much.  A supporter says she spends more on coffee a week and she's right.

One last thing on this @Norgethistle does bring up some good points and I like a challenge but mate you need to know when to type and not as I'm beginning to switch off from your replies.  

Just so your clear @Lambies Lost Doo. I’m not against this, I’ve signed up, I’ve paid up (plus additional contributions) and I’ve engaged with some of the team involved, including giving ideas etc.

There is a lot of work going on. From Andrew Donnelly taking time to try and engage on social media, having the balls to speak at the event (listen to his speech without watching it, it’s a bloody good speech but nerves got better of him), Stuart engaging in the Woodside Inn (not easy entering lions den when some may have had a drink or 2), Allan drafting and re-drafting the set up, Craig engaging in 1 to 1 web-calls, and Caroline being Caroline talking to folk on matchdays which she is brilliant at. And that’s just some of what’s going on.

There are 2 stumbling blocks I see.

1. Fan numbers to prove the organization is fit and proper, they are making in roads to that and working (very hard) to improve engagement.

2. Due diligence, fans need to know exactly what they are taking over whether good, bad or indifferent. 

The 2nd issue may put people of joining till they know, but without the numbers it may be harder to get the 1st, whether though we have 500 or 5000 members issue 2 will need addressing sooner rather than later.

I’d encourage anyone who’s hesitant to contact those on the working group, they are just like us but with a bit more pressure on their shoulders, the strength in numbers will drive the group forward and allow for questions to be answered from club and 3BC as this moves from a minority movement to a majority movement. If those answers come back with no issues, great we drive on, if there are issues then (hopefully) the momentum and strength can have them fixed (one way or another).  We can’t though as an organization sleepwalk into this, just believing all will be fine or us as fans are potentially putting the future of our club at risk. 

So I’d say sign up, involve yourself (whether help, ideas or genuine questions of concern),  and shape it.

• Like 6