Big Announcement

javeajag

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Not sure why your asking me …..as the club is currently debt free I wouldn’t think so 

There’s debt free and truly balancing the books, and having no substantial near liabilities upcoming.

if what’s posted on Pie and Bovril (and mentioned and shown on Twitter) is true there’s a £500k outgoing from 3BC and also a £500k (other operating income) coming into the club’s accounts. If those 2 are connected then rather than the club being handed over debt free, it’s being handed over with a £500k operating deficit which will need plugged on top of some urgent and significantly costly work around Firhill. 

Im no accountant but there seems to be some traction behind this so as fans entering a crucial stage of ownership handover and engagement ramping up, this needs looking into to see if it is what it seems at face value (£500k + deficit). 

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Because you are pushing the JF membership 

In that I’m suggesting there is no current alternative to fan ownership ( something historically I have been very lukewarm about ) but we are where we are so we might as well try and make it work 

7 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

There’s debt free and truly balancing the books, and having no substantial near liabilities upcoming.

if what’s posted on Pie and Bovril (and mentioned and shown on Twitter) is true there’s a £500k outgoing from 3BC and also a £500k (other operating income) coming into the club’s accounts. If those 2 are connected then rather than the club being handed over debt free, it’s being handed over with a £500k operating deficit which will need plugged on top of some urgent and significantly costly work around Firhill. 

Im no accountant but there seems to be some traction behind this so as fans entering a crucial stage of ownership handover and engagement ramping up, this needs looking into to see if it is what it seems at face value (£500k + deficit). 

As there are fan representatives on the board they will see the monthly accounts and know the financial position of the club which is debt free 

7 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I agree with you that due diligence needs to be done but if we're doing this on the back of posts from P&B then it's not at all diligent.

5 hours ago, scotty said:

I agree with you that due diligence needs to be done but if we're doing this on the back of posts from P&B then it's not at all diligent.

There are fan representatives on the Board and they are legally entitled to see the accounts and finances. 

14 minutes ago, javeajag said:

There are fan representatives on the Board and they are legally entitled to see the accounts and finances. 

But under Non Disclosure Agreements they would not be able to tell the fans without pre-approval from the chair.

Which I’d why due diligence is needed as this will put this to rest one way or another 

5 hours ago, scotty said:

Both accounts have snippets put there, both sets of accounts have been shared (via link to companies house) on Twitter, from what I’ve seen from the figures and snippets posted they are from the actual accounts 

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

But under Non Disclosure Agreements they would not be able to tell the fans without pre-approval from the chair.

Which I’d why due diligence is needed as this will put this to rest one way or another 

You’ve just invented non disclosure agreements that do not exist 

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

You’ve just invented non disclosure agreements that do not exist 

Are you honestly saying there is no non-disclosure/ confidentiality agreement signed by board members? You must have a very short memory as this was a major issue when the Jags Trust got a member on the board, he was on the board but couldn’t report back to them or it’s members because of it. 
Almost any board or any position within a company where the person has access to business critical information (financials, IP etc) has to sign then.

22 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Are you honestly saying there is no non-disclosure/ confidentiality agreement signed by board members? You must have a very short memory as this was a major issue when the Jags Trust got a member on the board, he was on the board but couldn’t report back to them or it’s members because of it. 
Almost any board or any position within a company where the person has access to business critical information (financials, IP etc) has to sign then.

All well and good but your post is all speculation and you haven’t seen a non disclosure agreement in the current situation but are suggesting one exists with no evidence presented

you can be on a Board and be bound by a duty of confidentiality that is not asubject to a specific non disclosure agreement 

the substantive point being there is due diligence being done on the clubs finances by the jags foundation 

We will have volunteers out and about in both the Jackie Husband and John Lambie stands ahead of tonight's match against Inverness.
They'll have leaflets and will be happy to chat and answer any questions you might have about The Jags Foundation. 

Did anyone at the game tonight take the opportunity to speak to one of the guys?

40 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:
We will have volunteers out and about in both the Jackie Husband and John Lambie stands ahead of tonight's match against Inverness.
They'll have leaflets and will be happy to chat and answer any questions you might have about The Jags Foundation. 

Did anyone at the game tonight take the opportunity to speak to one of the guys?

Think one (Stuart) was also popping into the Woody to talk to folk before the game to. It’s good to see them upping the engagement 

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Unfortunately I got in a minute after kickoff. I got a leaflet offered but as I'm already a member I didn't take it. My 3 mates took one each though

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

@Norgethistle isn’t negative, he just asks the right questions. And why not after years of smoke & mirrors from the Club Board? 

So you are asking us to believe that a. the club intends to pull one over on fan ownership ( and the club here means Jacqui low) for unspecified reasons and objectives and b. The jags foundation are not smart enough to work out they need to do due diligence on the finances and obligations that are being handed over 

but I’m sure you will speculate away

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

So you are asking us to believe that a. the club intends to pull one over on fan ownership ( and the club here means Jacqui low) for unspecified reasons and objectives and b. The jags foundation are not smart enough to work out they need to do due diligence on the finances and obligations that are being handed over 

but I’m sure you will speculate away

I wouldn't trust Low as far as  I could spit.