Big Announcement

javeajag

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

The meeting clearly states for the foundation to be classified as “Fit and Proper” it needs a bigger slice of the support to sign up, as 430 members (whether full or associate) is not enough for 3BC to class it as “Fit and Proper” and transfer shares and assets over. That is from TJF board and in the video around 25 minutes in.

To get more members clearer communication is needed to show what’s achieved, what’s needed, what helps required, and what the end game is. Merely “Fan Ownership” is not an end game.

This needs to become engaging and attractive again or that number will drop rather than fall, and whilst “Articles of Association” are important (and seem to have taken up bulk of time) they don’t matter a jot if there are no members of that association 

I don’t believe this is the right time for fan ownership , in the middle of a pandemic, crowd numbers down , not really in an upward trajectory unless we get promotion.

I think supporters myself included think there is a communication problem and what the aims of the Fans Ownership group actually are .

Are we just going to be treading water in the Championship or Division 1 ?

Funds for Upgrade of Stadium , where do they come from ?

Playing Staff and for the future, do we utilise the Academy.

I believe that there has been a small uptake in supporters buying into this because no one has any template for what the future is for PTFC

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Interesting to see the Chelsea owner can hand the club over in 3 or 4 hours. Where there’s a will there’s a way 

But! But! But! There's consultation, more consultation, even more co sultation to ensure that enough Thistle fans want it to ensure it is in as safe hands as Low and Britton. Give it time... Maybe when he'll freezes over?

I don't think anyone knows yet for sure, but I suspect the shares will actually be transferred to the charitable foundation; otherwise the asset still exists.

He does not even need the shares or ownership to exert control anyway - the loans give him that de facto control.

46 minutes ago, jaf said:

I don't think anyone knows yet for sure, but I suspect the shares will actually be transferred to the charitable foundation; otherwise the asset still exists.

He does not even need the shares or ownership to exert control anyway - the loans give him that de facto control.

Report is he has transferred them over and waived the €1.5 billion “loan” to the club to protect the club from any potential sanctions

15 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Interesting to see the Chelsea owner can hand the club over in 3 or 4 hours. Where there’s a will there’s a way 

And there can be danger in jumping to conclusions …..he has not handed over the club, he still owns the shares and the club and nothing at all has been transferred……in addition ‘stewardship’ has no legal meaning or standing whatsoever 

this is purely a device to try and protect himself and his assets