Big Announcement

javeajag

I wonder if the lack of interest in Jags Foundation is due to things being too easy. By that I mean we haven't had to fight for our club the way some other groups of fans have. The shares are being handed to us without us having to raise money. The most difficult thing is having to agree a structure that 3BC will agree to before they hand things over. What the Jags Foundation is doing is looking for a diplomatic route. Maybe if we had got together to raise money and demand that 3BC sell the club to us to fulfil Colin Weir's wishes there would have been more interest and passion.

1 minute ago, scotty said:

I wonder if the lack of interest in Jags Foundation is due to things being too easy. By that I mean we haven't had to fight for our club the way some other groups of fans have. The shares are being handed to us without us having to raise money. The most difficult thing is having to agree a structure that 3BC will agree to before they hand things over. What the Jags Foundation is doing is looking for a diplomatic route. Maybe if we had got together to raise money and demand that 3BC sell the club to us to fulfil Colin Weir's wishes there would have been more interest and passion.

This excellent point was also made last night. When you look at other clubs they had a crisis to deal with and that certainly focuses the minds of fans. However that is something TJF need to deal with and that takes it back to the much discussed issue of engagement.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, scotty said:

That sounds spot on. When I meet up with other Jags fans, despite most being long standing supporters the subject of fan ownership rarely comes up in conversation. Also to be fair the current stewardship of the Club, Jacqui Low & Gerry Britton, TBC doesn't come up much in discussion either. Currently the perceived culpability re the state of the pitch being an exception to that rule. All that shouldn't be confused with disinterest or apathy. 

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Motherwell and Hearts had to get their fans on board to save the club, it’s the only option the fans had and was driven by the fans.

We did not need saving, we had a board that had invested their cash whilst turning a profit to the club and having success on the park, Paul Goodwin decided (after the owners took back control from our current chair) that we needed fan ownership, whether on his own or acting on behalf of someone we will never know. There was no push from the fan base for this, they persuaded Colin Weir to buy the club and Propco (actually removing more of the ground from the club) and suddenly it was going to be ours to run.

As there was no appetite or dire need at the start it’s difficult to drum that appetite up 2 years later on in the process

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Motherwell and Hearts had to get their fans on board to save the club, it’s the only option the fans had and was driven by the fans.

We did not need saving, we had a board that had invested their cash whilst turning a profit to the club and having success on the park, Paul Goodwin decided (after the owners took back control from our current chair) that we needed fan ownership, whether on his own or acting on behalf of someone we will never know. There was no push from the fan base for this, they persuaded Colin Weir to buy the club and Propco (actually removing more of the ground from the club) and suddenly it was going to be ours to run.

As there was no appetite or dire need at the start it’s difficult to drum that appetite up 2 years later on in the process

As I recall the shareholders were going to sell to anyone with the cash and if Colin Weir hadn't stepped in a consortium would have bought over the shares.

Edited by scotty
spelling

3 minutes ago, scotty said:

As I recall the shareholders were going to sell to anyone with the cash and if Colin Weir hadn't stepped in a consortium would have bought over the shares.

The focus now needs to be on moving forward regardless of how the current situation has come about.

Having said that I did see recently that fans of Barnsley and Nice are combining to protest about their mutual owners so who knows how that potential deal would have panned out. Also, a meeting held at which David Beattie left the other directors to explain their thoughts did not go well - talk of a huge Asian market for televised Thistle games and merchandise put a lot of doubt in the minds of people.

We were always a fan run club.  The Directors were fans who put £ and time into the club.  People who had built their businesses up and could run a club at break even at least.

When there was an interest in others taking over they did what anyone would do and wanted to find out.  They were treated badly at a Meet The Board night when they tried to explain.

Only a few loud people wanted this (and quite a few have left the Trust board already) backed by a rich man who had no plan for the club.  Jaqui Low got lucky being part of Colin Weirs advisory group, she wasn't even a Thistle fan.  I care about the team not the power.  Fair play for people who give it a try but I worry what people have started who had delusions of fan utopia. 

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

In respect of the shares transfer, I think there is a slight mistrust of the intentions coming from the board. There have been announcements from the board saying this and that( transfer of deeds of Firhill to the club, almost from the start of the Colin Weir buyout) etc. But we are still waiting. And the issue of a club board member to be on the fans board sits uneasy with me. It looks to me that the board will just use the fans board as a talking shop and make all the decisions regardless of the wishes of the fans. Correct me on any issue that I may have got in error.

We already have 4 directors from the fans …..once the share transfer takes place the jags foundation can basically do what they want ….so your paranoia is well paranoia 

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

The agreement was the fans would own the club, it didn’t state 3BC will determine which fans can control it

Also the assets would be transferred straight back to the club- 2 years on not done.

This is no progress as I can see, I’ll keep my powder dry till after I see the video but from what I’m hearing here we are no further forward than we were 2 years ago. This is either a reluctance from 3BC to relinquish control or an issue within the working group or both.

I have still not heard whether professional impartial due diligence has been carried out, this should have been one of the first tasks to ensure the new owners (us) are not in for a nasty surprise as soon as the keys (and liability) is passed over.

I can’t really be bothered dealing with paranoia and weird conspiracy theories …..the shares will be transferred in the coming months , the club will then be fan owned …..the club will be handed over in good shape ….no debt 

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I can’t really be bothered dealing with paranoia and weird conspiracy theories …..the shares will be transferred in the coming months , the club will then be fan owned …..the club will be handed over in good shape ….no debt 

Yet. 2 years in waiting for deeds of Firhill??

33 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Sorry that’s not what the video states.

The Foundation needs to demonstrate it’s a fit and proper organization and as they state with only 430 members they can’t state they are the majority, but later no discussion has been had as to how many members would define that, also that the club needs to concentrate on promotion rather than share handover.

If no proper independent due diligence is done, then (as is normal with any other purchase or takeover) then this should not proceed, as we (us the fans) do not know what liabilities are there (direct, soft or shadowed via 3BC),  or are likely to hit us in near future (relaying park, fixing drainage,  re-roofing main stand, fix JHS roof and anything else we are not aware of). No debt on last books does not mean no debt or liabilities now.

Watched about half of the video. Is that it? The  future of Partick Thistle?

I was neither engaged or enthused. If they want more ordinary Thistle fans to join this revolution they are going to have to smarten up their act and start presenting this better. A big presentation to sell this to the fans and guy's reading notes off his phone. It's like a bowling club awards evening. How long have they had to prepare for this? It's about fan involvement so involve the fans. There are talented people in the stands, use them. Promotional videos on social media etc.. The fantastic video that was produced for the (ill-fated) TAG launch. That's what's needed here. I'm so underwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

I was neither engaged or enthused. If they want more ordinary Thistle fans to join this revolution they are going to have to smarten up their act and start presenting this better. A big presentation to sell this to the fans and guy's reading notes off his phone. It's like a bowling club awards evening. How long have they had to prepare for this? It's about fan involvement so involve the fans. There are talented people in the stands, use them. Promotional videos on social media etc.. The fantastic video that was produced for the (ill-fated) TAG launch. That's what's needed here. I'm so underwhelmed.

Give them time. It's only been 2 years.

7 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

In fairness not everyone is comfortable or used to public speaking so I’d cut  Andrew some slack for that. 

5 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

I normally agree with you a lot but not here.

If someone had notes written on Basildon Bond notepaper with a gold plated parker pen would that impress you? I am not the most up to date guy but mobile phones get used a lot these days. Also, and I don't know Andrew personally, some people are not the most comfortable public speakers so cut him some slack - he has at least put himself out there and that is how he felt comfortable delivering his part.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

In fairness not everyone is comfortable or used to public speaking so I’d cut  Andrew some slack for that. 

Norge, I'm not having a go at someone for their public speaking prowess. It's about the presentation. A sheets of A4 at least looks like you've taken time to prepare. If you want convince people that they should join you as owners of a professional football club, you need to be convincing.

7 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I normally agree with you a lot but not here.

If someone had notes written on Basildon Bond notepaper with a gold plated parker pen would that impress you? I am not the most up to date guy but mobile phones get used a lot these days. Also, and I don't know Andrew personally, some people are not the most comfortable public speakers so cut him some slack - he has at least put himself out there and that is how he felt comfortable delivering his part.

Ok FT. I'm not getting at Andrew. They need to be slicker in their presentation. Somebody needs to Stage Manage these events to give fans confidence in the product. Perhaps there's a PR guru they could use... :)

40 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Norge, I'm not having a go at someone for their public speaking prowess. It's about the presentation. A sheets of A4 at least looks like you've taken time to prepare. If you want convince people that they should join you as owners of a professional football club, you need to be convincing.

If you’ve done this before (and failed) you’d know what works and what doesn’t. Practicing in the house with the phone probably worked but in front of an audience doesn’t, I’ve been there and made that mistake. iPad works better, but overtime and with practice you can effectively just note key words to keep you on track, but it takes a lot of practice and battling nerves. 

55 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Ok FT. I'm not getting at Andrew. They need to be slicker in their presentation. Somebody needs to Stage Manage these events to give fans confidence in the product. Perhaps there's a PR guru they could use... :)

A la Gary Caldwell?

Slick presentations from PR gurus are used by crooks (including politicians) all over the world, to give customers/the public "confidence."

ETA: Yep, use an iPad instead of a phone. That's what's needed!

Edited by Jaggernaut

15 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

If you’ve done this before (and failed) you’d know what works and what doesn’t. Practicing in the house with the phone probably worked but in front of an audience doesn’t, I’ve been there and made that mistake. iPad works better, but overtime and with practice you can effectively just note key words to keep you on track, but it takes a lot of practice and battling nerves. 

Tell you what instead of sniping and moaning from the sidelines why don’t you do something as it sounds as though your pretty perfect