14 League Games To Go

Now that we are out of the Scottish Cup it is all about the remaining league games.

14 games - 7 at home and 7 away. Morton are on a good run and Queens Park are picking up under new management but Raith have been wobbling and Dunfermline are on a bad run so will certainly be interesting.

I think the current top 5 will remain the same in terms of the teams but the order could change (hopefully with us overtaking Raith).

The Raith game at Firhill which was postponed due to their involvement in the Trust Trophy still has to be rearranged, I was hoping it could be a Saturday but don't think that is possible now which is a shame as probably means a lower attendance.

4 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

We seem very likely to finish 3rd.  I can't see Raith's poor run or Morton's good run lasting.  Airdrie might come into contention for 4th but they've a lot to do for that.  Even a point a game should get us 4th, and I'm sure we'll do better than that.

A not unrealistic set of results on Friday and Saturday (Dundee Utd beating Raith and us beating ICT) would see us only 4 points behind Raith with 13 games to go and 2 of them against Raith so plenty still to play for.

Impossible to predict of course, but if raith get beat again I think they find it hard to recover; so 2nd up for grabs. Morton looking dangerous too and I think they will be in the play offs too. Not easy for us to beat ICT either, but 50/50 game. All to play for. 

Imo Dundee Utd will win the league. Raith Rovers on a bad run but will finish 3rd at worst, so we have 3 teams going for 2 places to make up the top 4. On a current points per game average Morton would finish with 52 points, Airdrie 48 points. As we know it is not an exact science as a lot could change over the next 14 games, but on the current average points per game another 14 points should see us finish top 4. Of course we should be looking to do better than that, as others have already said second is not out of our reach.

We're now into the 3rd round of championship fixtures.

In round 1 we got 14 points, round 2 15 points. That's pretty consistent and a repeat of those 2 means we finish on 58 points which is normally enough for at least 3rd place.

Round 3 is a repeat of round 1 and we are 4 games in. Comparing the results of the round 1 fixtures to round 3 we have went from 6 points to 8 points we are also unbeaten in round 3. So some hope that we are improving and will increase our points total compared to round 1 & 2.

We've only been beaten by 4 teams in the league (Arbroath, Airdrie, Raith and Dundee Utd x2) and only failed to beat 3 teams (ICT, Raith and Dundee United)

The squad looks to have improved as both O'Reilly and McBeth provide options we didn't have before. However we don't have much cover for  Lawless and Fitzpatrick which I think means if they stay fit we have a really good chance of finishing 2nd and thereafter who knows?

I'd rather a playoff against County than Livi if we get that far. Martindale is a decent manager and playing a County team that has Don Cowie or their 4th manager of the season doesn't hold as much fear.

Stating the bleedin obvious I imagine the run of Dundee U, Raith and Morton all at home between 2 and 16 March as well as Queens at Hampden in the middle of that run will potentially have a massive bearing on our final place as well as being significant for our opponents. 
Four “6 pointers” in a row - what could possibly go wrong!! 🤔🤔

2 hours ago, JeanieD said:

Stating the bleedin obvious I imagine the run of Dundee U, Raith and Morton all at home between 2 and 16 March as well as Queens at Hampden in the middle of that run will potentially have a massive bearing on our final place as well as being significant for our opponents. 
Four “6 pointers” in a row - what could possibly go wrong!! 🤔🤔

A certain ref might make an appearance 😬🤑.

Other than that, nothing.

This team is more than capable of going on a good run.

• Like 2