Scotland Squad

GrantB

On negative side worried by inclusion of just one out and out central midfielder, Fletcher but on positive side other boys in midfield have quite an attacking side to their game. Not sure if he's going for possession. He's definetley got a gameplan and has no doubt had mick oliver and other scouts reports to work on. Lithuania beat this mob so not too fearful. We might even get a win :PB)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is a serious post :thinking: but although I do not see how the 11 will fit in to a formation (this is a familiar game we play going to Firhill) Levein must be given time. If Scotland win (or draw) tomorrow night will you still stand by your post?

If Scotland win, no one will be more delighted than me.

However, given we seem to be playing 4-6-0 against a team who'se best striker is Roman Bednar (remember him being sent off for a second yellow for diving against us in the cup?), I doubt we will get a win.

We appear to be playing for 0-0 which is a very dangerous thing to do and sends out totally the wrong message on how the game should be played. It is very sad. Even San Marino aren't than negative.

Levein is clueless. GTF!

Pretty disappointed after watching that, they were certainly not worth the respect given, in fact looked easily shaken in defense, pity we never got the chance to realise this until we were 1 down and HAD to have a go.

Very poor from Levien

Anti football if ever there has been. Czech republic were awful yet we didn't even attempt to test them. Levein has not got a clue. Not one good game since he took over. Simply awful.

totally agree !

Very embarassing performance in my opinion. If I was a Czec I would love to play a team that never tries to score

Utter shambles Levein .. and you know it was !!

negative post after negative post. alright we lost the game 1.0. away from home to a better team (remember our last performance), but how many attemps on target did the czehs have? levin is a defensive manager (probably what the scotland team needs at present ) . it was fustrating tonight, but we are no world beaters right now, and it almost worked, 0.0 would have been hailed as a good result. second place in this group is not beyond us. :thumbsup2:

Not a disgraceful performance because the players probably did exactly what they were told up until the shte defending of a corner but an utter disgrace to set up like that against a team low in confidence and one that is not the side it once was.

Levein ****** it up. If we fail to qualify then his head will roll and that game will have been a big part of it. Glorious failure I can handle but not even attempting to play the game and expecting to be able to hold out is the sign of a tactical imbecile.

Exactly as I predicted sadly.

What message does playing like that send out to kids watching that with aspirations of playing football?

Playing with no strikers against a mediocre team. What next, taking on the world champions with no midfielders?

Levein is an absolute embarassment of a human being. His defence of the indefensable after the match shows the total arrogance of the man. Even the much criticised (in the English media anyway) tactics of the h_uns at Old Trafford were more positive than that.

GTF Levein.

negative post after negative post. alright we lost the game 1.0. away from home to a better team (remember our last performance), but how many attemps on target did the czehs have? levin is a defensive manager (probably what the scotland team needs at present ) . it was fustrating tonight, but we are no world beaters right now, and it almost worked, 0.0 would have been hailed as a good result. second place in this group is not beyond us. :thumbsup2:

sorry but they were crap, the passing (most of the time) was crap as was the ball control and Levin did exactly what he slagged Liechtenstein off for (at least they had a striker up front) by hacking the other team to break the game up, I think it wasn't far off of 11 fouls in the first 5 mins.

the Czechs were (very) bad in defence with them actually passing to the Scotland players in there own final third who still couldn't do anything with it. :thumbdown:

and sorry but a 0-0 against that team would have been a missed opportunity, yes they have been held back by some baffling tactics by Levin, who puts a guy who has been scoring for fun in the championship (about the same level as our group going by the first three games) and stick him in a 4-6-0 formation, nuts :red_card:

I am away to watch the highlights of thistle V Cowdenbeath, at least we had some shots on target. :crazy:

sorry but they were crap, the passing (most of the time) was crap as was the ball control and Levin did exactly what he slagged Liechtenstein off for (at least they had a striker up front) by hacking the other team to break the game up, I think it wasn't far off of 11 fouls in the first 5 mins.

the Czechs were (very) bad in defence with them actually passing to the Scotland players in there own final third who still couldn't do anything with it. :thumbdown:

and sorry but a 0-0 against that team would have been a missed opportunity, yes they have been held back by some baffling tactics by Levin, who puts a guy who has been scoring for fun in the championship (about the same level as our group going by the first three games) and stick him in a 4-6-0 formation, nuts :red_card:

I am away to watch the highlights of thistle V Cowdenbeath, at least we had some shots on target. :crazy:

Exactly. Their centre halfs were shaky. Anyone who has had the DVD's of their games must surely have noticed that? Levein SHOULD have attempted to pressure them but no, he does the exact opposite.

Petr Cech could have read a book during the game, in fact there were times when I wondered if they should have took him off and put a striker on instead.

His sarcastic 'and playing another system would have worked' comment to the BBC reporter shows the arrogance of the man. If there was anyone in the SFA with a pair of balls, he should be sacked the minute the plane lands back in Scotland.

Anyone notice the goal was scored in the 70th minute and substitution was made in the 75th minute. Slow to react or what?

Also it was obvious that the game was just going past Caldwell all night. Changes should have been made at half time to give the opposition something more to think about. Finally I still think that Ainsley Harriet lookalike would be better off staying in the kitchen as he certainly can't cook it on the football pitch.

What can we look forward to against Spain: a 4-6 formation?

Any manager with a clue would have immediately seen how mediocre the opposition was last night, and changed formation and approach to exploit their weaknesses. Levein's inability to come out of his defence-at-all-costs mindset may well have cost us qualification.

Still furious! :mad2:

Edited by Jaggernaut