Just For Fun.....gary Harkins.....

Jaggernaut

Remember that we don't have any money, probably not even enough for one more player's salary (though if we win the Alba Cup.....).

If Dundee go into meltdown, would GH be welcome back at Firhill?

Anybody fancy Griffiths as our front man?

All in fun......little else to do this afternoon!

Edited by Jaggernaut

I'd take GGH back AND give him a hero's welcome. Remember, he would have preferred to stay with us but he also had to look after his career. He would also been encouraged by the BOD to go as the money we got kept the taxman at bay. If he hadn't gone we would have gone into administration then for the same reasons as Dundee have now. He basically helped torpedo Dundee whilst saving our skins at the same time. Who cares if he showed us some fingers at Dens Park, he was probably aware of how much he'd bailed the Club out back then and was rightly a bit miffed at his former supporters giving him total pelters.

Griffiths is a horrible wee ned, but we could really do with someone like him up front unfortunately.

Would love to see both at Firhill, but it will never happen. I'm sure money could be found (possibly by a director) to fund Harkins on a similar deal to he was on before he left, but he'll be snapped up by a bigger club than us, as will Griffiths.

They may not have had the best of times at Dungdee recently, but they are both talented & if available on a free, will go to the SPL or the lower leagues in England.

Yes, would have him back in a second if possible.

If he'd accept his original wages (which we probably can't afford!) I wouldn't mind having him back, as he's a game-changer: something our current team lacks.

With this proviso ideally. He's the type of player we could do with right now (well, the GGH that turns up, not the anonymous version).

If he'd accept his original wages (which we probably can't afford!) I wouldn't mind having him back, as he's a game-changer: something our current team lacks.

What is clear in hindsight is that the fee Dundee paid for him is at least 3-4 times what he was worth!

a damn sight more than that WJ :thumbsup2:

If Dundee sell Harkins when in administration will we not get our full entitlement? It wouldn't be their money in the first place so surely would not come under the terms of their CVA. Plus they'd be incurring a football debt, which is frowned on by the authorities.

I hope whoever the mystery person at our Club in charge of liaising with the SFA/SFL is on the ball.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Would I take back a skillfull, entertaining, goal scoring midfielder? In a second. GGH was a legend and the best player we have had for years.

He might have been a bit anonymous at times but at present we have a squad full of people who are constantly anonymous. I'd let Dundee take any 3 players from us (Rowson excepted) for the return of Harkins.

Agent Harkins, return to Firhill. Mission accomplished!

Very funny Willjag. He could end up being responsible for taking more points off Dundee single handed off the park than the whole team has managed on the park in 2 seasons!

Agent Harkins - still scoring for the jags and still welcome to score with the wives!!!

I'd take him back in a minute.

Normally when players leave us it doesn't bother me that much but 2 outgoing transfers in the last 8 years were tough to take, Harkins and when Burns left for Motherwell. After Burns left though, Grady took up some of the goalscoring burden the following season but Harkins is different. There isn't a better player in the league on his day and we had no chance of replacing him.

I'd take him back in a minute.

Normally when players leave us it doesn't bother me that much but 2 outgoing transfers in the last 8 years were tough to take, Harkins and when Burns left for Motherwell. After Burns left though, Grady took up some of the goalscoring burden the following season but Harkins is different. There isn't a better player in the league on his day and we had no chance of replacing him.

"Hes Not the Messiah, He's a Very Naughty Boy"

he was good , but not that good

The Dundee fans love him. He's scored 17 goals in 40 league games! That's a brilliant return for a midfielder. I don't think Dundee's failings rest on his shoulders.

I'd take him back in a millisecond. But then again, he was my hero....

By the way, if there is any money due to us would that make it more likely for the administrators to return him to us in order to negate that money? In saying that, I believe all the money has been paid - I'm sure we would have heard about it otherwise!

Edited by simoncordiner