Strikers

Jaggernaut

Buchanan is barren. Doolan and Grehan (who put in a good shift yesterday) don't actually look as if they've got a single goal in them. Donnelly is out of it (and hasn't been missed). Yesterday a centre half and a full back scored. Jeezus, our midfielders don't even score either.

I can remember some terrible periods in the last few decades, but at least our strikers would score the odd goal....

Where are the goals going to come from, as we can't rely on Boyle week in, week out?

Buchanan is barren. Doolan and Grehan (who put in a good shift yesterday) don't actually look as if they've got a single goal in them. Donnelly is out of it (and hasn't been missed). Yesterday a centre half and a full back scored. Jeezus, our midfielders don't even score either.

I can remember some terrible periods in the last few decades, but at least our strikers would score the odd goal....

Where are the goals going to come from, as we can't rely on Boyle week in, week out?

I think we might have to, with the odd contribution from bombscare Kinniburgh.

I think we might have to, with the odd contribution from bombscare Kinniburgh.

Big Willie was excellent yesterday.

If anything, MacNamara has been the weakest link in defence of late (error that led to a Pars goal last week, needless foul that led to a goal yesterday....).

Edited by Jaggernaut

A symptom of the lack of confidence that is running through tem right now. Hesitation to get forward, hesitation to pass ball forward, hesitation to have a shot at goal.

All because they don't want to get the blame for not scoring or giving the ball away, or missing the intended target of pass.

I do believe that we have some talented players but a culture of fear and lack of confidence is rampant throughout the team.

I've found some renewed faith in Doolan but I doubt he is good enough to get us enough goals to get us out the league. Grehan is never going to be prolific and may or may not prove to be semi-useful. Buchanan is terrible. Donnelly is not a striker.

Sad to think Buchanan was seen as the best striker in the league a couple of season back, every other team (bar Dundee with Griffiths) were insanely jealous we had him. If he left tomorrow I wouldn't care.

I've found some renewed faith in Doolan but I doubt he is good enough to get us enough goals to get us out the league. Grehan is never going to be prolific and may or may not prove to be semi-useful. Buchanan is terrible. Donnelly is not a striker.

Agree re Doolan but I think he'd get more goals if given a run without being subbed (though we need someone else scoring as well). It seems crazy to me to keep subbing him when he's the only forward who looks like scoring. Surely you keep the guy who's in form playing? I wouldn't be surprised if his confidence and scoring stops altogether if he keeps getting taken off during games when he's done nothing wrong.

Was there not a season a few years ago when our top scorer for the season was Robert Dunn with something like 5 goals. I remember thinking "it can never be this bad again..."

Was there not a season a few years ago when our top scorer for the season was Robert Dunn with something like 5 goals. I remember thinking "it can never be this bad again..."

There's a long way to go and Paddy "goal machine" Boyle is in great form. FFS Doolan only needs a couple to stop that from happening again.

Sad to think Buchanan was seen as the best striker in the league a couple of season back, every other team (bar Dundee with Griffiths) were insanely jealous we had him. If he left tomorrow I wouldn't care.

i think we are all being a bit too eager to criticise buchanan

he is certainly not 100% fit and is seriously lacking in confidence like most of the team

he is a goal scorer (oh yes he is)

lets encourage him when he is on the pitch

the goals will come :thumbsup2:

I don't think anyone is in doubt that Buchanan isn't playing to his potential at the moment, what is equally obvious is that a large number of fans think he's better than he is.

That's not his fault, a couple of seasons back when he had a lengthy lay off and we were screaming for a striker, people were hailing him as our returning saviour, he was never going to live up to the expectatioons because he was never as good as the hype that surrounded his anticipated return at that time.

He's a good wee player but he's not a superstar so he's probably not playing that much under par just now.