I Love A Bad Loser...

Firhillista

When Pressley says, “If you want to see our game progress in this country, it will only progress by playing in the manner that we try to play in, not the manner we faced out there,” Pressley said. “We tried to play in the correct manner, we pass the ball, we pressured the game, we are expansive. I was really proud of us. The team we were playing, that is not how the game will move forward. They were completely negative. They had no desire to play any level of football.” - I laughed so much I nearly kicked my wife and cat out of bed!

Edited by Milo

He is clearly deluded if he thought his team played nice football yesterday.

To me there was no difference to the way they played us in the cup. Pass the ball back and fro along back line and 9 times out of 10, lump it forward. No neat football, not neat passing, no mazy runs.

He is a bad loser of the highest order and it makes the victory all the sweeter.

I noticed that 10 minutes in, their Director of Football Alex Smith joined him in the dugout. Either Alex was late for the game or he did not like what he was watching and thought Pressley wasn't performing.

When Pressley says, “If you want to see our game progress in this country, it will only progress by playing in the manner that we try to play in, not the manner we faced out there,” Pressley said. “We tried to play in the correct manner, we pass the ball, we pressured the game, we are expansive. I was really proud of us. The team we were playing, that is not how the game will move forward. They were completely negative. They had no desire to play any level of football.” - I laughed so much I nearly kicked my wife and cat out of bed!

Now and then ..................... there's a fool :sarcastic:

He is clearly deluded if he thought his team played nice football yesterday.

To me there was no difference to the way they played us in the cup. Pass the ball back and fro along back line and 9 times out of 10, lump it forward. No neat football, not neat passing, no mazy runs.

He is a bad loser of the highest order and it makes the victory all the sweeter.

I noticed that 10 minutes in, their Director of Football Alex Smith joined him in the dugout. Either Alex was late for the game or he did not like what he was watching and thought Pressley wasn't performing.

Sounds like us much of the time!

He's so full of his own self importance that tosser that he's genuinely got himself believing that his team plays football. OK they knock it about from the back but then what? NOTHING... a few sand dancers with no end product, non-entity front men and hardly a shot at goal. If that's football being played the way it should then we should throw away the key.

I hope he sticks with his philosophy. It'll see the Bairns going nowhere unless there's reconstruction and hopefully lead to that big-heided twat ending up out on his arse. Egotistical tosspot.

I hope McCall responds to that tit's comments and pins them to the dressing room wall next time we play and beat those fannies.

Edited by Vom Itorium

He's so full of his own self importance that tosser that he's genuinely got himself believing that his team plays football. OK they knock it about from the back but then what? NOTHING... a few sand dancers with no end product, non-entity front men and hardly a shot at goal. If that's football being played the way it should then we should throw away the key.

I hope he sticks with his philosophy. It'll see the Bairns going nowhere unless there's reconstruction and hopefully lead to that big-heided twat ending up out on his arse. Egotistical tosspot.

I hope McCall responds to that tit's comments and pins them to the dressing room wall next time we play and beat those fannies.

It's worth pointing out to Mr Self Important that we have played in his 'style' for the last 3 seasons.

The reason we changed to become hard to beat is because it wasn't working. Like you say, I hope Mr Self Important sticks with his tactics as they will get him nowhere.

The Falkirk fans dont appear to be fooled by him :lol:

For the first 45mins we were very attacking minded, and lets not forget that even in the second half we had two out and out strikers on the field. Steven "Fashion Disaster, I promise I will keep Falkirk in the SPL" Pressley, is a clueless tube of a man, and if I was the Falkirk BoD, I'd have got rid of him at the end of last season.

Yesterday we set up to be hard to break down, and if Elvis thinks that his team are the prime example of how to save Scottish football he is clearly deluded.

He doesn't seem to be the only one though - Herald article today - here'Partick Thistle 1 Falkirk 0: ‘Correct’ football is the loser', states 'It was a victory for defensive resolve over attacking flair'

Where was their attacking flair? Do the press just try and chum up to the SPL teams/poor wee team that got relegated last season?

if Levein had pulled it off in Prague, he'd have been lauded - we play in a much more attacking formation and we are suddenly everything that is wrong with the game.

I don't think we were as negative as they were in the CIs a month or so ago. If we were that defensive how come a full back scored our goal.

Anyway I'd go further and say we're that attack minded these days our strikers can't even get the ball from off our defenders so keen that they themselves are to score. :)

I don't think we were as negative as they were in the CIs a month or so ago. If we were that defensive how come a full back scored our goal.

Anyway I'd go further and say we're that attack minded these days our strikers can't even get the ball from off our defenders so keen that they themselves are to score. :)

Exactly. Pressley has a right cheek. He lauded his team for being 'professional' when they beat us despite us battering them.

You can understand why Jackie Mac couldn't work with him and wanted away(allegedly).

That's what I heard also.

I've not read or heard any of his aftermatch comments, and I don't intend to, but from what some of you guys are saying it reminds me of my reaction to McCall's aftermatch comments when he was manager at Airdrie and QOS.

You really should take the time to listen to him on KickTalk. It is comedy gold. He is a truly cringeworthy man.

McCall's comments on Pressley in the currant bun are interesting...

Firhill boss McCall fired back: "It's a great win and a big three points for us.

"Steven's not been doing this long enough and it shows with his comments. We look after our own team, we don't look at anyone else.

"Martin Hardie gave us all a lift, the fans love him."

can't argue with a guy that was such a pioneer of total football as a player

he seems to forget that football is about winning rather than your back four being good at passing the ball ten yards, maybe thats why they did get relegated despite his claims

I work with a Falkirk fan , and he actually think Pressley sets up the team pretty well and they will do well under him if he would just shut up!