For Those There Today

lennythistle

I accept i may be wrong about the aftermath. However it should still be called RentBoyGate and he was still wrong to speak to a steward

dont worry you cant be wrong all the time, well maybe.

he felt he was right to in the circumstances his call, if people had been more grown up and not started giving out greif then this would not have happened.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it wasnt Lenny, but Lenny isnt the sole source of truth in the universe, you know?

RentBoyGate it is.

What you talking about? This rent boy thing wasnt even mentioned in the context of lennythistle's original post. Do you have a rent boy fascination, you seem keen to stick that label on the affair?

Perhaps grow up and realise swearing wont harm wee girls?

maybe you should listen to your own words

he did not say that swearing wont harm hi girl, he was taliking about the abuse and threats that were shouted.

i watched the group push forward (yes it did happen)and yes peole would think they might get hurt.

Real Partick Thistle fans respect real Partick Thistle fans. It should be that simple. Additionally, some Thistle fans are OTT and when they are, those around them should say so. We are supposed to be a wee bit different from neanderthal OF fans. Clearly, some on here unfortunately fall into the neanderthal category. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.....

I was at the game with my six year old, in the second row from the front of the block where it all kicked off. I heard the shout at the linesman about being a rentboy and, to be perfectly honest, i'm surprised that it caused anyone to complain.

This came at a point in the game where we had just gone three-one down to a part-time team after a dubious penalty was awarded against us. Emotions were high; i held my head in my hands, others shouted, mostly at the referee and his assistant. I've heard worse.

We have a kids section at Firhill where language like that wouldn't be tolerated, but in other grounds where there is no such section, I think you have to be prepared for the language to be a bit more 'full-on'. At Central Park, there wasn't even segregation and I in no way felt threatened. My six year old certainly hasn't repeated anything we heard at the game, despite occassionally muttering a 'fcuking hell' himself when watching Thistle. This isn't something i'm proud or encourage but I find it hard not to laugh when it's used appropriately. Anyway I digress.

I was only aware of any situation when the cops appeared and they tried to assist the steward in removing a fan from the ground. From my seat it looked as if the fan was seated, refusing to budge, and his group around him were all standing arguing their point with the stewards/police. The steward did seem to be a bit too agreesive with his holding and shoving of the fan and it was at this point that it all kicked off. When the steward first shoved the fan i'd say that the four rows around the fan were all up and shouting at the police/steward. To be stuck in the middle of this couldn't have been fun if you had made the original complaint and I did see the girl after this looking quite upset. She seemed to be down the front of the stand looking up so I can only imagine that her dad/grandad were still in the stand exchanging opinions with people. The block next to me to the right did seem to have people in it shouting towards the incident. I assumed that this was at what remained of the group from which the fan was ejected, but I can see that this could have been at the dad/grandad.

I do think that the grandad was well within his rights to ask the fan to tone down his language (did he?), but if the fan persisted then I think that they should have made the decision to move seat. I really don't see what could have been achieved by getting the stewards invoved - what were the possible outcomes? IMO they would all have resulted in animosity towards the complainant.

Anyway, that's just my point of view. I've been at Firhill when somebody shouted 'Fcuk off and die referee' and nothing happened, yet i've been dug for having a foot on the seat in front of me. Some people did seem to be taking stupidity to new levels today though, such as the bloke smoking at half time in the toilet, and the fool trying to keep a match ball.

I was at the game with my six year old, in the second row from the front of the block where it all kicked off. I heard the shout at the linesman about being a rentboy and, to be perfectly honest, i'm surprised that it caused anyone to complain.

This came at a point in the game where we had just gone three-one down to a part-time team after a dubious penalty was awarded against us. Emotions were high; i held my head in my hands, others shouted, mostly at the referee and his assistant. I've heard worse.

We have a kids section at Firhill where language like that wouldn't be tolerated, but in other grounds where there is no such section, I think you have to be prepared for the language to be a bit more 'full-on'. At Central Park, there wasn't even segregation and I in no way felt threatened. My six year old certainly hasn't repeated anything we heard at the game, despite occassionally muttering a 'fcuking hell' himself when watching Thistle. This isn't something i'm proud or encourage but I find it hard not to laugh when it's used appropriately. Anyway I digress.

I was only aware of any situation when the cops appeared and they tried to assist the steward in removing a fan from the ground. From my seat it looked as if the fan was seated, refusing to budge, and his group around him were all standing arguing their point with the stewards/police. The steward did seem to be a bit too agreesive with his holding and shoving of the fan and it was at this point that it all kicked off. When the steward first shoved the fan i'd say that the four rows around the fan were all up and shouting at the police/steward. To be stuck in the middle of this couldn't have been fun if you had made the original complaint and I did see the girl after this looking quite upset. She seemed to be down the front of the stand looking up so I can only imagine that her dad/grandad were still in the stand exchanging opinions with people. The block next to me to the right did seem to have people in it shouting towards the incident. I assumed that this was at what remained of the group from which the fan was ejected, but I can see that this could have been at the dad/grandad.

I do think that the grandad was well within his rights to ask the fan to tone down his language (did he?), but if the fan persisted then I think that they should have made the decision to move seat. I really don't see what could have been achieved by getting the stewards invoved - what were the possible outcomes? IMO they would all have resulted in animosity towards the complainant.

Anyway, that's just my point of view. I've been at Firhill when somebody shouted 'Fcuk off and die referee' and nothing happened, yet i've been dug for having a foot on the seat in front of me. Some people did seem to be taking stupidity to new levels today though, such as the bloke smoking at half time in the toilet, and the fool trying to keep a match ball.

Excellent post.

there was no problem with the steward getting involved as the guy said no probs and that should have been that, it was his mate who decided to give out greif and caused all this crap.

This particular post is from my dad.

As stated i am Lennythistle's father, and grandfather of his daughter. I was born in Maryhill in 1946 and have been a Partick thistle fan all my life. I am the person who first of all asked the fan to tone down his language, which in my view was totally unacceptable, in a section of the ground with many young children. the individual concerned and his mates started the foul abusive language, before the game started, singing a song which i believe the club have tried to ban. it compares unfavourable with the worst of sectarian songs song by our glasgow neighbours, whom we claim to be better than. it is totally offensive to members of two different religious groups and as an athiest i find the song appauling.

Unfortunately, their insistance on singing that song was simply a prelude to what was to follow. Many of you have posted comments that swearing at football matches is something that we have to accept. Not so. It is the refuge of people of low vocabulary and displays a total disregard for the feelings of other fans and is completely unacceptable in the presence of children. i know some of you have expressed different opinions but if you cannot understand the need to control your emotions and language in the presence of children, then you are extremely sad individuals and should not be following a family club like Partick Thistle.

I also know that some of you have questionned the veracity of my son's postings and whilst i might question his belief that there were 50 fans shouting abuse at us his general points were completely accurate. The saddest thing of all for me was that some of the fans who were abusing us, in the presence of my extremely tearful grand daughter, were themselves with very young children. how they could believe it was acceptable to expose their children to the vile foul language is beyond me.

As a life long fan i have taken some encouragement from the supportive comments posted some of you but i have been disgusted by the ignorant comments of fans who fail to understand what it actually means to support partick thistle. Family values, decency, fairness, tolenance, hatred of bigotry, and all the other qualities which for years has set our club apart from others.

Today is not the end of my love affair with Partick thistle but is the end of my visits to matches be they at home or away.

For those of you who have the true interests of Partick thistle in your heart, this should sadden you but for those of you who only care about your right to go to a football match and curse and swear and offend your fellow fans it will be a matter of complete indifference to you (and if i can be permitted to be bitter could i add that those of you who want to curse and swear and offend your fellow fans, might need to look up a dictionary to know what indiffernce means since it is not a swear word).

As stated i am Lennythistle's father, and grandfather of his daughter. I was born in Maryhill in 1946 and have been a Partick thistle fan all my life. I am the person who first of all asked the fan to tone down his language, which in my view was totally unacceptable, in a section of the ground with many young children. the individual concerned and his mates started the foul abusive language, before the game started, singing a song which i believe the club have tried to ban. it compares unfavourable with the worst of sectarian songs song by our glasgow neighbours, whom we claim to be better than. it is totally offensive to members of two different religious groups and as an athiest i find the song appauling.

Unfortunately, their insistance on singing that song was simply a prelude to what was to follow. Many of you have posted comments that swearing at football matches is something that we have to accept. Not so. It is the refuge of people of low vocabulary and displays a total disregard for the feelings of other fans and is completely unacceptable in the presence of children. i know some of you have expressed different opinions but if you cannot understand the need to control your emotions and language in the presence of children, then you are extremely sad individuals and should not be following a family club like Partick Thistle.

I also know that some of you have questionned the veracity of my son's postings and whilst i might question his belief that there were 50 fans shouting abuse at us his general points were completely accurate. The saddest thing of all for me was that some of the fans who were abusing us, in the presence of my extremely tearful grand daughter, were themselves with very young children. how they could believe it was acceptable to expose their children to the vile foul language is beyond me.

As a life long fan i have taken some encouragement from the supportive comments posted some of you but i have been disgusted by the ignorant comments of fans who fail to understand what it actually means to support partick thistle. Family values, decency, fairness, tolenance, hatred of bigotry, and all the other qualities which for years has set our club apart from others.

Today is not the end of my love affair with Partick thistle but is the end of my visits to matches be they at home or away.

For those of you who have the true interests of Partick thistle in your heart, this should sadden you but for those of you who only care about your right to go to a football match and curse and swear and offend your fellow fans it will be a matter of complete indifference to you (and if i can be permitted to be bitter could i add that those of you who want to curse and swear and offend your fellow fans, might need to look up a dictionary to know what indiffernce means since it is not a swear word).

very good post

Is the lassie alright now?

thanks very much for asking. she is good now but sadly says she won't ever go back. so thistle have lost one of the next generation, so desparately needed. she had been a mascot and is a member of kids club and jags trust. my younger son is also a member of both but i now have serious doubts if i can expose him to match days, and it was my biggest wish to see him as a mascot of the team i love.

I find its intolerance of stupidity astounding, and intolerence, in any shape or form, isn't a quality embraced by true Thistle men.

You're being a bit of a wind up merchant. That's also just plain nonsense and you know it. So tolerating stupidity is what makes you a real fan? Well we must all be real fans for tolerating your posts.

thanks very much for asking. she is good now but sadly says she won't ever go back. so thistle have lost one of the next generation, so desparately needed. she had been a mascot and is a member of kids club and jags trust. my younger son is also a member of both but i now have serious doubts if i can expose him to match days, and it was my biggest wish to see him as a mascot of the team i love.

And no doubt it will put off their pals who will hear the story from them over next few days.

Very sad.

Glad to hear she's OK. I have to say that I admire you being so controlled cos I would have struggled to keep it together if it had been my 7 year old son involved.

Is the lassie alright now?

The most important factor in this whole shameful thread :thumbsup2: . I hope she is not put off for life and something can be done to help her feel comfortable enough to return to Jags games soon. What have we been saying about the younger generation being the future of our Club? Hopefully this thread puts that into some sort of perspective, the underlaying factor here is a young girl was so traumatised by going to watch her team that she doesn't want to go back. If it was because of the performance of the team you can put it down to one of those 'am no goin back' periods we have all endured, but this is as a result of a group of Thistle fans...bad day all round for Jags fans eh!

Im surprised youve lasted as long as you have supporting Thistle.

Obviously not nice to hear of your daughter leaving the game upset. However, regarding your fathers comments, I'm guessing the song you are referring to is the FTP and FTQ. IMO opinion this song is a statement of how religion has no place in Scottish football, such as that we will see tomorrow when the OF play. It is not a sectarian song. No offence but it does sound like you are easily offended with that comment i.e as an athiest.

In addition, that is a nice image of Partick Thistle you have created however, I wonder how many games you have attended in recent years. The language at Firhill is industrial at the best of times never mind when the time is performing badly (i.e. end of Dick Campbell era).

Edited by kennypaton

there was no problem with the steward getting involved as the guy said no probs and that should have been that, it was his mate who decided to give out greif and caused all this crap.

Going by what I have read is seems that any grief dished out to scum who frighten a 10-year-old girl is justified. I never thought that we could sink any lower!