Just In

angry gaz

According to the BBC and Sky we're still in the bottom two? Are they wrong?

Not as such.

As Dundee have officially appealed against the points deduction, the penalty is suspended, until the appeal is heard/over, and either the 25 points deduction is then applied or any reduction in the points deduction is applied then.

Absolute drivel yesterday apart from a couple of fleeting moments both teams could have played without defenders yesterday as they werent really needed. I think our keeper had 1 save to make( from a free kick) and i dont recall their keeper having to make any saves or come and collect any crosses. Total borefest even the atmosphere was mince

As has been said this was a terrible game with 2 very poor teams.Why are so many of our players who were at least reasonable last season now dire?also i didnt like McCalls comment in the programme when he said Dundee deserved some luck during this difficult time when talkig about there winning goal aginst us,Well are we also not having a difficult time as well? and imo Dundee deserve a big points deduction,if iwas on the SFL panel i would increase the penalty not reduce it.

There was a surreal moment, about 5 minutes before the final whistle when both sets of fans were booing their own teams!

That says it all.

From Section 7 I didn't hear that at all. Not saying it didn't happen, but it shows the acoustics situation in that part of the JHS. Couldn't hear a peep out of the "Shed" end, but again that's situation normal from where I sit.

From Section 7 I didn't hear that at all. Not saying it didn't happen, but it shows the acoustics situation in that part of the JHS. Couldn't hear a peep out of the "Shed" end, but again that's situation normal from where I sit.

It was just when the Morton fans were drifting away from the stand and were standing near the corner of the pitch watching the last few minutes of the game. We gave away possession of the ball and Jags fans started to boo. Morton immediately passed the ball back to us and their fans began booing.

Bizarre!

Was free this afternoon and swithered over going before deciding against forking out £17 on the usual dross and went to the local juniors instead. Splendid decision - 7 goals, 2 red cards and easily more entertaining than anything I've seen at Firhill recently. All for £7 including Pie + Bovril.

Thanks for gloating.

Neither team deserved to draw that match; both deserved zero points from their displays. One of the poorest games I can remember, and another example of McCall's anti-entertainment/flair approach to football. Entire team lying too deep, so whenever a midfielder gets the ball he'll make a short run sideways, turn 180 degrees because there's nobody up to help, then the 2-yard triangular passing starts until we lose possession again, or we'll hump it to the midget forwards, who are basically incapable of dealing with such balls. I honestly can't remember a Thistle team that is so slow to get forward. Another example, which can only be down to McCall's instructions: Thistle player around the half-way line near the edge of the pitch. Another Thistle player further forward on the same wing, could make a run forward and take at least one defender, which would allow us to get forward. But no, the second player will run BACK to the same level, and there starts the stupid 2-yard triangular passing again.

While I'm at it: I've seen children trap a ball better than almost everybody in our team. How ironic that Chico was there yesterday. Oh for somebody like him to trap the ball dead, look up, and ping a forward pass.

Yes, a FORWARD pass. Again, at school we were told that basic no. 1 was that you hit the ball in front of a guy who is running forward, not at the same level, or behind him.

Just so bad, I'm still shaking my head at it. It's no wonder that both teams yesterday are flirting around the relegation zone; that was 2nd division standard football at best.

Morton were terrible, we were/are just as bad.

Flannigan was decent in the last 5mins when he waas running down the wing, get him doing that more often, as he's lost in the middle. Erskine didn't get a chance, he's never a striker, put him on the wing & he will create afew chances.

Erskine was on the wing against Cowdenbeath & created hee-haw

Edited by jaggy

The view from the other side:

http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=34718

Not really surprising the amount of agreement between their forum and ours.

Interesting to see the comments about us being the worst Thistle team they've seen. I reckon if other teams' fans are saying that, there must be something in it.

Interesting to see the comments about us being the worst Thistle team they've seen. I reckon if other teams' fans are saying that, there must be something in it.

In truth we've come on in leaps and bounds since the game at Crappielow. That was truly one of the worst team effort I've seen. The word effort being inappropriate.

Saturday's brainless performance was a vast improvement. :(

Truly awful game of football on Saturday. I couldnt even be bothered booing as the life had been sucked out of me. Missed last season so I dont know how bad we were but that was probably one of the worst games of football I have ever seen. Whoever said Flannigan had a good game must have been watching another game he was awful and shat out of every tackle. Would give pass marks to Boyle, Archie and maybe Paton but the rest didnt even look like footballers. No midfield, no creativity and Buchanan and Grehan up front could have played all day and not scored. Im not dissing the players for effort, most of them huffed and puffed but they are simply not good enough to be full time footballers. Not for paying 17quid.

Im not just having a go at Thistle as Morton were just as woeful and I dont actually think we are that much poorer than Raith or Dunfermline, the standard isnt much better. Part-time football would probably be a better idea at this level. The expectancy would be lower and the standard of football wouldnt be any poorer. More guys on 150 a week like Sid, Jacky and Maxy are at a part-time level might be the only way forward for us and the Mortons. And why does McCall say he has included 4 or 5 youngsters yet there is no trace of them on even the bench. By all accounts the reserves and under 19s have been doing well, may as well give them a chance.

Also was watching some of the youtube games from the last 80's to mid 90's. The quality so much better, almost any player from the second Lambie era would walk into this team no problem. First time I went to Firhill it cost 2quid. For the same alledged standard now with the wages not much higher than then if any its now 17quid. No wonder people wont come back.

Edited by B C