Just In

angry gaz

Frankly that was bucking frutal!!! Met a guy after the game that I hadnt seen in ages. He was a regular up till 4 years ago but couldnt take Dickie any more (missus!) Decided to come back today to see if any improvement. Think it will be another 3 years before we see him at Firhill!! Plenty people go on about why cant we get the lapsed supporters back. Todays game showed why the fans are staying away......both teams were absolutely awful

For some time now Thistle teams have aped the way that the opposition plays. So Morton plays with enough header to get everyone concussed, inching their way up the sidelines shy by shy and kick-and-rush - all of which is predictable because of the narrow pitch at Cappielow - but why does our team have to decide to try and beat them at their own game? It doesn't just apply to Morton, but to practically any opposition: so when we have good opposition, we rise to the same level, and when we have poor opposition, we come down to the same level. Is this team incapable of taking the lead in terms of play? No wonder we come off second best in most games.

Awful game between 2 poor sides.

Having said that, we still should have won. We actually played well for the first 15 mins and then reverted into being as bad as they were. How Buchannan in the first half and Grehan in the 2nd missed, I will never know.

Anyone who thinks Erskine should be in the team every week should have been there today, I reckon I'm more of a footballer than him.

I'd give pass marks to the defence and Flannanan. The rest were dire (although Hodge's pass to put Grehan clean through was the only moment of quality in the entire match)

Frankly that was bucking frutal!!! Met a guy after the game that I hadnt seen in ages. He was a regular up till 4 years ago but couldnt take Dickie any more (missus!) Decided to come back today to see if any improvement. Think it will be another 3 years before we see him at Firhill!! Plenty people go on about why cant we get the lapsed supporters back. Todays game showed why the fans are staying away......both teams were absolutely awful

Problem is reading the comments by David Beattie today (online as i wasn't at match), we will need to get a few of the stay away fans back and back soon. We urgently need injection of cash. Yeah team are not performing as well as we want but think we are going to have to weather the storm and get right behind them.

some players are on £200 a week....maybe i'm naive but i didn't think some would be on wages that low.

We had a lot of injuries to contend with today so first and foremost a clean sheet is a positive. We all know where our major problems are and unfortunately we don't have the money to go out and bring in a replacement.

Just have to hope that sooner or later at least one of the front lads goes on a scoring run.

One other positive from today...we're out the bottom two. Yeah i know not on the back of a great performance but the table does look better than it did at 3pm....just !!!

Problem is reading the comments by David Beattie today (online as i wasn't at match), we will need to get a few of the stay away fans back and back soon. We urgently need injection of cash. Yeah team are not performing as well as we want but think we are going to have to weather the storm and get right behind them.

some players are on £200 a week....maybe i'm naive but i didn't think some would be on wages that low.

We had a lot of injuries to contend with today so first and foremost a clean sheet is a positive. We all know where our major problems are and unfortunately we don't have the money to go out and bring in a replacement.

Just have to hope that sooner or later at least one of the front lads goes on a scoring run.

One other positive from today...we're out the bottom two. Yeah i know not on the back of a great performance but the table does look better than it did at 3pm....just !!!

According to the BBC and Sky we're still in the bottom two? Are they wrong?

Was free this afternoon and swithered over going before deciding against forking out £17 on the usual dross and went to the local juniors instead. Splendid decision - 7 goals, 2 red cards and easily more entertaining than anything I've seen at Firhill recently. All for £7 including Pie + Bovril.

Was free this afternoon and swithered over going before deciding against forking out £17 on the usual dross and went to the local juniors instead. Splendid decision - 7 goals, 2 red cards and easily more entertaining than anything I've seen at Firhill recently. All for £7 including Pie + Bovril.

Where's the jealous emoticon? I'll use this one instead :mad2:

It's pretty dire at present, but it's our dross, so hopefully you'll be back soon :)

That was diabolical. I gave the team credit for the 2nd half performance at Dens last week but today was unacceptable. It may well have been the worst game of football I've ever seen. Asking punters to pay £17 to sit in the freezing cold to watch that isn't on and for McCall to have a wee pop at the fans in his post match comments is out of order.

We didn't force Stewart into a save in 90 minutes and we were lucky Morton were as woeful as we were. Only Archibald, McNamara and Fox (for the one save he had to make!) worthy of pass marks. The rest of them couldn't pass, couldn't shoot straight or control a ball.

Sorry to say it but Buchanan looks done. No confidence in front of goal and his hold up play was dreadful. Must have lost the ball 90% of the time. Thought I was watching McConalogue. And what's happened to Cairney. Showed so much promise last season but has gone way backwards this term.

Couldn't believe Hodge was subbed for Erskine. He hadn't done much but is at least capable of picking a pass as he'd shown with the ball that put Grehan through a minute earlier. Erskine may show good keepie uppie skills at half time but he hasn't a clue. Never a professional footballer.

Haven't left a game so dispirited in a while.

Where's the jealous emoticon? I'll use this one instead :mad2:

It's pretty dire at present, but it's our dross, so hopefully you'll be back soon :)

'It's dire, but it's our dross'

Superb, laughed out loud when I read that. Maybe PTFC should use that for a marketing slogan? It certainly wouldn't breach any Trade Description legislation.

Edited by One t in Scotland

According to the BBC and Sky we're still in the bottom two? Are they wrong?

Think it depends on whether you take Dundee's points deduction into account. Technically they haven't yet been docked the points as they still have a right of appeal.

Woeful stuff today. Thought we started not too bad but both sides seemed to settle for a share of the points after the break. Some of the aimless boot it up the park stuff was dreadful from both sides. I thought the Cowdenbeath game was terrible but that was even worse as a spectacle. A fiver would be a fairer admission price for this stuff.

That's got to be the poorest excuse of football ive seen all season , at home against a very poor team we went out with a distinct I'm not going to lose this game attitude ( last twenty minutes with no strikers ,I use the word loosely) As for the so called supporter who had a great day at the juniors , one question - why are you on this forum?

How Cairney keeps getting a game every week is baffling, last season he looked like a player we would be lucky to keep. Now he looks like a player we would be lucky to give to a team on a free. Hopefully there will be a reserve game midweek where Rowson can get 90mins, need him back to his best.

had to respond to this

i thought cairney was our best player today

ok he makes mistakes, makes a bad pass now and again, but he never hides

he covers every blade of grass, always willing to make a forward run, fights for every ball, never hides

thats the player we need at firhill

as i have said a long time ago he reminds me of ronnie glavin

playing with better players this lad would be a thistle star

as for today

morton played with 2 up front we play with 5 yes 5 at the back

we are playing a team that we have to beat, we are playing at home,

we have no width in the team both fullbacks didnt push forward

thought paton and boyle very poor today

i feel we give too many teams too much respect especially at home

you could see the confidence slowly rising in the opposition as the game progressed today, as you could also see the fear factor increase in the thistle ranks as the game went into the later stages

did their keeper have a shot to save today??

really really disappointing display today mr mccall morton were there for the taking :thumbdown:

ps i know a lot of us think that hodge is not worth the jersey but he at least can use both feet can make a pass and appears to have a football brain

there i feel a bit better now :thumbsup2:

I don't think Cairney did have a good game today and I think he has had a poor season....but, last season he was our player who burst into the box and scored a few goals, when has he done that this season? Has he been told to sit back? It looks like he is sitting a lot deeper and he is not the kind of player to sit, so why would he?