Hardie - He's Back!

It's usually pointed out that Dunfermline's debts are manageable and not accruing. As for their crowds they had twice ours yesterday albeit for what could have been a big top table game. Worth pointing out that Pars play derbies against Falkirk, Raith & Cowdenbeath. So a third of their league games are derbies.

Didn't they have crowds of around the 2000 mark against ourselves, QotS and Cowdenbeath lately. To bring a lot of guys down from the SPL and elsewhere on decent wages on average crowds, can't be good for the bank balance. I doubt guys like Willie Gibson, Andy Kirk and Gary Mason are on buttons.

Edited by MWM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'd be calculated gambles, too. It seems that fans of other clubs ion the division have highlighted a soft centre and a lack of striking options as their main stumbling blocks to success. Signinig Buchanan and Murray would go some way to solving that. Some of their current players, most notable being Neil McGregor, have aslo been linked with moves away from the club.

Didn't they have crowds of around the 2000 mark against ourselves, QotS and Cowdenbeath lately. To bring a lot of guys down from the SPL and elsewhere on decent wages on average crowds, can't be good for the bank balance. I doubt guys like Willie Gibson, Andy Kirk and Gary Mason are on buttons.

Willie Gibson turned us down to go there. They also turned down a £150,000 bid for him. Regardless of transfer fees, they are paying higher wages than most Div 1 clubs while carrying a debt of £7M. How can this be?

Same thing has always baffled me about K*llie in the SPL.

Willie Gibson turned us down to go there. They also turned down a £150,000 bid for him. Regardless of transfer fees, they are paying higher wages than most Div 1 clubs while carrying a debt of £7M. How can this be?

Same thing has always baffled me about K*llie in the SPL.

£11 million. Annual losses about double ours.

Regardless of transfer fees, they are paying higher wages than most Div 1 clubs while carrying a debt of £7M.

£11 million. Annual losses about double ours.

£11.7 million debt as of May 2009.

With recent losses of £2.35 million, followed by loss of £774k.

Odds-on their May 2010 accounts when published will see their debt smash through the £12 million barrier, and come time they publish their May 2011 accounts, I'd lay money on it exceeding £12.5 million.

£11.7 million debt as of May 2009.

With recent losses of £2.35 million, followed by loss of £774k.

Odds-on their May 2010 accounts when published will see their debt smash through the £12 million barrier, and come time they publish their May 2011 accounts, I'd lay money on it exceeding £12.5 million.

Considering all the fuss about us having a £50K shortfall, out debt is only £700K. How can clubs like Dunfermline continue to trade on a debt of that level? The very idea that clubs like this can try and poach our players makes steam come out of my ears!

Considering all the fuss about us having a £50K shortfall, out debt is only £700K. How can clubs like Dunfermline continue to trade on a debt of that level? The very idea that clubs like this can try and poach our players makes steam come out of my ears!

I think it comes down to who you owe the money to. The Pars owe money to various directors who don't seem to be inclined to ask for it to be repaid whilst our debt is mainly to the Bank who are not so kind.

I think it comes down to who you owe the money to. The Pars owe money to various directors who don't seem to be inclined to ask for it to be repaid whilst our debt is mainly to the Bank who are not so kind.

Aye various money to Directors who also just happen to work for The Royal Bank/Bank of Scotland that the Pars are in debt to! Added to this they are a bunch of first order buffoons - they make Cowan and his ilk look like Alan f**cking Sugar. Remember how they almost got kicked out of the Scottish Cup last season? They were meant to play the SC cup with replay with Montrose last Tuesday, but couldn't get the pitch playable in time - Yorkston comes out with the classic quote 'I don't know who agreed to the replay date when everyone else is playing next week. Our facilities manager (read: Jim Leishman) is away on a course this week. But it might have been us so we should abide by the date'.

They don't even own East End Park, although who would be inclined to give the thick end of £10 million for housing/supermarket/whatever in Dunfy should be checked for signs of mental instability

Aye various money to Directors who also just happen to work for The Royal Bank/Bank of Scotland that the Pars are in debt to! Added to this they are a bunch of first order buffoons - they make Cowan and his ilk look like Alan f**cking Sugar. Remember how they almost got kicked out of the Scottish Cup last season? They were meant to play the SC cup with replay with Montrose last Tuesday, but couldn't get the pitch playable in time - Yorkston comes out with the classic quote 'I don't know who agreed to the replay date when everyone else is playing next week. Our facilities manager (read: Jim Leishman) is away on a course this week. But it might have been us so we should abide by the date'.

They don't even own East End Park, although who would be inclined to give the thick end of £10 million for housing/supermarket/whatever in Dunfy should be checked for signs of mental instability

But apart from that....

Along the lines of my previous post.

If someone took bets about the club next to go into administration Dunfermline wouldn't be in the favourite group. I'm fairly certain odd on us would be a good bit shorter.

Fox was effectively sacked along with all the others from Dundee, so it doesn't matter if he signs for somebody else as Dundee owe him for the rest of his contract. That's the way I see it but if I am wrong somebody please correct me :thumbsup2:

That's it. They owe him the rest of his contract, but if we sign him that's cancelled. In which case, the HMRC % goes up. Sounds quite likely to me.

We need 50k. We're getting Hardie in it seems. If Liam goes we'd get something for him, surely, which should wipe out the 50k, and more, surely. If so, that sounds like sensible business. Also, Liam's salary is supposed to be one of the highest, and I'm sure BMMMH won't be on what Liam is just now, so there's more savings.

That's it. They owe him the rest of his contract, but if we sign him that's cancelled. In which case, the HMRC % goes up. Sounds quite likely to me.

thanks for that. It does seem a bit daft though, say he was on £500 per week on a 2 year contract at Dens & we only pay £300 until the rest of the season, surely they still owe him the difference for lost earnings due to a cancelled contract?

thanks for that. It does seem a bit daft though, say he was on £500 per week on a 2 year contract at Dens & we only pay £300 until the rest of the season, surely they still owe him the difference for lost earnings due to a cancelled contract?

I could be wrong, but I think he would give that up by signing for us.

We need 50k. We're getting Hardie in it seems. If Liam goes we'd get something for him, surely, which should wipe out the 50k, and more, surely. If so, that sounds like sensible business. Also, Liam's salary is supposed to be one of the highest, and I'm sure BMMMH won't be on what Liam is just now, so there's more savings.

If Buchanan goes, the max is likely to be half that ... we might even be lucky to get that. Don't forget his contract is up in a few months and his form until very recently has been poor this season.

Edited by Mr Bunny

If Buchanan goes, the max is likely to be half that ... we might even be lucky to get that. Don't forget his contract is up in a few months and his form until very recently has been poor this season.

Sorry but I think your both delusional. Out of contract in 6 months - lucky to get £5k for him

Good luck to Buchanan if he does leave the club, however Saturday proved everything frustrating about the guy. Scored a good strikers' goal with the header, right time and place etc, but it's the chances like the one he passed up 1 on 1 with the keeper in the first half that makes me think that he's no more than an average striker. If he was taking a few of them a season then he'd be a good player at our level, unfortunately for him (and us) he doesn't show any composure being 1 on 1 with the keeper, and imo never has. Doolan a far better goal grabber imo and if we get the correct partner for him (poss Hardie) i'm sure he'll score us plenty more.

Good luck to Buchanan if he does leave the club, however Saturday proved everything frustrating about the guy. Scored a good strikers' goal with the header, right time and place etc, but it's the chances like the one he passed up 1 on 1 with the keeper in the first half that makes me think that he's no more than an average striker. If he was taking a few of them a season then he'd be a good player at our level, unfortunately for him (and us) he doesn't show any composure being 1 on 1 with the keeper, and imo never has. Doolan a far better goal grabber imo and if we get the correct partner for him (poss Hardie) i'm sure he'll score us plenty more.

Yeah, in the current climate maybe the best thing is get anything and get him off the wage bill, but any dent in the 50k would be welcome. Fact is I've pretty much given up on him. Not 100%, but pretty much. Shame.

Yeah, in the current climate maybe the best thing is get anything and get him off the wage bill, but any dent in the 50k would be welcome. Fact is I've pretty much given up on him. Not 100%, but pretty much. Shame.

Surprising to read some of the comments about Buchanan. he has been struggling to hit form this season, no doubt about it but like all strikers goals bring confidence and after 3 in 2 games I think we might well be seeing a return to form from the wee man. Liam has been our main goal threat since he signed in 2007 and has served us well despite suffering some horific injuries. Lets hope he keeps up his recent form and bags the winner tomorrow night :)

Doolan is for me, the better all-round player of the two between Bucky and him, and the one likely to score 30+ goals in next couple of seasons for us.

Haven't totally given up on Bucky have I, but have been increasingly disappointed with him until recently and was beginning to think it was best we got rid of him, but lately he appears to be becoming more of a threat and thorn in opposition defences, looking a bit like the Bucky of old, but still lacking a bit of pace and finishing.

Appears he might be turning the corner (or it may be another false dawn or he might get injured again soon knowing his luck), and if he is, i'd rather we held onto him for rest of season and hope he bangs in the goals as that would be worth more to us (more wins and points, increased attendances, team doing well, possible cup run, and so on) than the paltry 10-15k tops I reckon we'd get for him at this point (which could be cancelled out (and more) if we start to slide again, and thus less points, even lower attendances and merchandise sales and possible relegation flirting).

He needs to proper welly his shots though. All too often he get's a clear one-on-one and trundles it straight at the keeper at thigh height.

I disagree. Watch the highlights of the Stirling game and pay attention to the first one-on-one he misses. He hits it low and hard when a subtle chip would've been the best option. Similarly, I thought his one-on-one with the County keeper during the CC semi-final should have been placed, rather than a drive.

I disagree. Watch the highlights of the Stirling game and pay attention to the first one-on-one he misses. He hits it low and hard when a subtle chip would've been the best option. Similarly, I thought his one-on-one with the County keeper during the CC semi-final should have been placed, rather than a drive.

A "subtle chip" that could've backfired badly on that tattie field? Low and hard is the best option for situations like that, if you want to see "a subtle chip" turn on Sky Sports and watch Barcelona or something.