Falkirk Replay

The Earl of Hathaway

I'm always uneasy when there's this much optimism on here before a big match, because we then usually end up getting beat. When everyone is full of doom and gloom on here and predicting us to lose however, Thistle usually end up surprising us and pulling a result out of the bag. So I say we increase the negativity in the build up to the game tomorrow night. Then we might do the business :thumbsup2::)

I'll start the ball rolling I predict an undeserved 2-1 defeat for Thistle after extra time.

:rolleyes:

Always wary and worried, I am, when optimistic about the Jags.

And optimistic I am for first time in a well over a year about the team and its potential for success and a brighter future under McCall.

We'll either lose a scrappy boring tedious game 1-0 with much the same team as Saturday but with an unrecognisable-from-saturday-performance, or pump them 4-0 or thereabouts with another cracking performance.

I so want us to GIRFU that odious twerp Pressley.

Edited by yoda-jag

7/4 for a Jags win in 90 minutes. :thinking:

Thats some come down from the 4/1 that we were at the Grangemouth Stadium last Tuesday, I nipped into a bookies in Falkirk and stuck a score on us to win that night. Would have been a nice little earner.

As for tonight, we will absolutely batter them, if we are unlucky we will only win 2-0.

I'm a glass half-full man. So, how about this; Pressley sent to the stand by the ref following his foul-mouthed, tantrum on seeing the Jags score their winning goal!

Oh, and it would help if our match-winning goal was really offfside but the ref and linesman don't notice.

Against my better judgement I'm deciding that I'm going to be optimistic coming into tonight's game. I don't think Falkirk's gubbing at the weekend, nor our victory will have any importance coming into tonight's game. However I'm sure Buchanan's confidence will be sky high as will Fraser's and Campbell's.

McCall will need to change his tactics from the last time we played Falkirk in order not to be rumbled by the ever "tactically aware" Steven Pressley. The pitch will be a nightmare to play free-flowing football on the deck, however we don't have the height to play long balls, so in my opinion a stroke of luck could make all the difference tonight.

So, I'll probably regret it, but here goes: Jags 1-0 Falkirk, goal coming from Kris Doolan. :)