Loan Signing

honved

McCall, Maxwell and Cameron have made the right decisions regarding our youth players so far. It was great to see two of the young players score last week but don't put too much pressure on them already. McCall emphasized on Wednesday night the importance of blooding them at the right time. So far it is going very well.

This guy from Motherwell has more experience at a higher level than our young players and it's pretty much a certainty that we are getting him for nothing.

His deal expires at the end of March so maybe McCall will play them more in the last month of the season. Wise move from the management here.

Have you heard some good news on this Sandy? Cant quite see how us being able to pry Pat from the Pars but you nver know?

You could always have gone to the directors and suggested that they get Pars to agree to a straight swap of Clarke for Buchanan, and that you would pick up his wages tab, but anonymously of course :whistling:

I would give Shaun Fraser a chance in the starting eleven before McHugh. He has earned it and looks to be a big strong lad, exactly what we need.

I would expect Fraser - and Campbell too, and at a pinch MacBeth, will all go out on loan from us now. McHugh is just that little bit older with a little bit more experience that he's worth a go. Would expect he'd come on from the bench now though with 2 from Doolan, Donnelly, Grehan and Erskine starting.

Don't think the manager sees him in any way as a replacement for Buchanan (that will happen close season) just he wants our youngsters to get experience with clubs at a lower level - like Bannigan - and he is decent cover.

Just noticed, Bannigan is staying at Ayr.

Edited by Mr Bunny

You could always have gone to the directors and suggested that they get Pars to agree to a straight swap of Clarke for Buchanan, and that you would pick up his wages tab, but anonymously of course :whistling:

Good points make do you Yoda, but perhaps Eddie Prentice could have funded it by refunding the wage undeservedly he took long ago not ;)

In fact if he had we probably wouldnt have had to get rid of Buchanan either

My thoughts are the same as yours, not to sure why the Manager has done this.

Only reasons I can think of are:

Like Balatoni we are getting him for nothing. Certainly hints at this on the Offical website.

We are in the relegation zone maybe he thinks McHugh can get us out by scoring goals and is more likely to do so than some of our youngsters so by the time March comes we are away from the zone and McHugh returns to Motherwell and our own youngsters get their chance without their being as much pressure on them ie a relegation zone.

Certainly hope McHugh does well as we need more goalscorers than just Doolan and carthorse Grehan looks pretty terrible. Hope we still sign Hardie as well.

All the best with the Jags Robert :thumbsup2:

Have you looked at the table? We're 5th, 7 points off the relegation zone currently.

I wouldn't knock the signing yet, yes he's young, but that doesn't mean our younger players are currently better than him. He's played a fair amount of games for Motherwell's 1st team, albeit most as a sub, he made his debut at 16. He must have something, whether that is something that is static, or will improve, is something I'm sure we will find out after he plays a few games for us.

Welcome Robert.

Good points make do you Yoda, but perhaps Eddie Prentice could have funded it by refunding the wage undeservedly he took long ago not ;)

In fact if he had we probably wouldnt have had to get rid of Buchanan either

Valid point you make re EP TL.

Imagine what the two of you could have achieved if you had joined forces and matched one another pound for pound.

The return of Damn Gray !! :frantic:

edited to add: meant to type damon but missed the o, hit submit before checking.

Whoopsie.

Edited by yoda-jag

Motherwell fan at work seems pretty positive about him.

Fast, strong for his height and has an eye for goal. I hope he reverses the trend we have of having duff loan players (particularly strikers)

Motherwell fan in my work said pretty much the same, reckons the only reason the boy is not starting regular is due to the SPL being too tight to take the risk starting him

Motherwell fan in my work said pretty much the same, reckons the only reason the boy is not starting regular is due to the SPL being too tight to take the risk starting him

Motherwell are 13 points off the relegation spots. If they really wanted to start him they could. The European places will not be any less tight with a different size of division, so they couldn't expect things to be any different.

Not over inspired with this loan signing but the guy's got something to prove (so of course had Lennon, Akins & Gray) so hopefully effort and commitment won't be a problem.

Some may say that it's a bit unfair on Fraser but he's two years McHugh's junior and as McCall has stated on numerous occasions he intends to treat our own youngsters with kid(npi) gloves.

Not sure how far down the pecking order Grehan will now be. If Burns is fit again soon and Fraser is also lurking about the subs bench I can't really see Grehan getting much more than an occasional run out.

Btw I believe Ryan MacBeth is kinda trapped in a catch22. We've advertised to try and get him match practice in bounce games but these games have been oversubscribed due to the weather.