If We Win

thornwoodjag

If we can beat Dunfermline, St Johnstone (a big confidence boost) then Queen of the South I reckon that's a sure sign we've started to turn draws into wins. That's a huge ask though.

McCall has fair turned this team around with the introduction of the youngsters and very good goalkeeper signing.

A Dundee fan I know told me he still thinks they'll get promoted. He obviously hasn't realised that, had they not been dirty cheating ******** and therefore kept their 25 points, they still would not be top. Hate that club. Hate that city. :thumbsup2:

No? I thought they'd top the table by virtue of a goal.

My past experience of watching Thistle tell's me to watch our backs. We're still in a relegation battle im afraid.

I agree with that, but our defence is solid,we don't concede many and even guys like bomb-scare have been performing well so I think we'll be all right as regards relegation.Our main problem this season is scoring but Doolan and Erskine look like hitting a bit of form so climbing the table isn't out of the question.I would like a target of finishing above Falkirk.

I agree with that, but our defence is solid,we don't concede many and even guys like bomb-scare have been performing well so I think we'll be all right as regards relegation.Our main problem this season is scoring but Doolan and Erskine look like hitting a bit of form so climbing the table isn't out of the question.I would like a target of finishing above Falkirk.

That is a realistic target - and one which would still give a lot of satisfaction (especially if brown shoes man is still in charge when we catch them.

One game at a time. Just now we should be watching our backs to ensure we don't get dragged back down into the relegation dogfight once the games in hand have been played out.

Well said.

It should also be pointed out that our relegation rivals are going to be strengthening. Morton bought in Lyle and Young, Cowdenbeath are bringing in a couple of Rangers youth players.

We on the other hand have lost Buchanan, McHugh deal seems to be off, Hardie is away training somewhere else and Fox is still not permanently signed

We're averaging 1.1 points per game this season. Raith are averaging 2 points per game. We'll never make up the lost ground as we don't have the goals in us to turn the draws into wins. Some people claiming we're not in a relegation battle are in denial, just because we're fifth doesn't mean the everyone below us (except maybe Stirling) can't catch us. I do think we'll be safe if we get Fox tied up though.

We're averaging 1.1 points per game this season. Raith are averaging 2 points per game. We'll never make up the lost ground as we don't have the goals in us to turn the draws into wins. Some people claiming we're not in a relegation battle are in denial, just because we're fifth doesn't mean the everyone below us (except maybe Stirling) can't catch us. I do think we'll be safe if we get Fox tied up though.

To be positively negative ( :unsure: or negatively positive) I feel we've got the defence to avoid too many defeats. As you say we've not got the goals in us to catch up with Raith or the Pars for that matter.

I see us finishing at worst eighth and at best fifth. Technically, we've got a concern or two about the position we're in relative to games played etc. But, I think we're presently quite a bit stronger than this time last year and, more importantly, much stronger than we were during the period that got us into the sh*t in the first place.

The teams which have been promoted in the last few years have not been exceptional - Hamilton were very functional, St Johnstone drew their way to the title and Inverness recovered strongly from a dismal start. All of them have survived comfortably in the Premier League albeit the Accies are now strugling after transferring their best players.

The only game I've seen this season was agaist Raith...and they didn't look any better than us. Stirling Albion have only won three games this season, two of them against us. Clearly, you don't have to be that good to be a promotion contender.

However, particularly after transferring Buchanan, I don't think we are anywhere near good enough to challenge at the top of the League or progress in the Cup. At best, we will avoid being involved in a serious relegation battle but unless we can continue to introduce young players into the team, 2010/11 will go down as another wasted season.

If we can beat Dunfermline, St Johnstone (a big confidence boost) then Queen of the South I reckon that's a sure sign we've started to turn draws into wins. That's a huge ask though.

McCall has fair turned this team around with the introduction of the youngsters and very good goalkeeper signing.

Thats a massvie ask really. We will rightfully be massive underdogs for these games. Dunfermline are top of the leage and a formidable team with some good players, to even get a draw against them is doing okay. St Johnstone are in the SPL on merit a really good team and when was the last time we got a result at McDiarmid. probably 30 years ago. Lets not kid ourselves we are massive underdogs here.

Thats a massvie ask really. We will rightfully be massive underdogs for these games. Dunfermline are top of the leage and a formidable team with some good players, to even get a draw against them is doing okay. St Johnstone are in the SPL on merit a really good team and when was the last time we got a result at McDiarmid. probably 30 years ago. Lets not kid ourselves we are massive underdogs here.

Underdogs yes, but we're playing St. Johnstone, not Man Utd.

Considering McDiarmid Park isn't even 30 years old I doubt that very much.

It was the 1993/94 season.

I'm being pedantic, but Raith Rovers are currently top of the league.

I don't hold out much hope of taking the Saintees' scalp. I watched Motherwell tear the form team in the division up for arse paper a few weeks ago, although I think our defensive unit is stronger than theirs. I'll still make a day of it, though.

Dunfermline are not top of the League and they are certainly not "formidable". What makes you say that? St Johnstone are anything but a "really ood team". They are a poor, bottom-half SPL side who don't score a lot of goals. Yes we are underdogs, but "massive underdogs"? Do me a favour!

McDiarmid Park has not been open for 30 years and we last won there in the early to mid-90's.

Happy to be of assistance!