Youth Development Competition

Fawlty Towers

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday 4.45pm or can I drop them through the letterbox Saturday night?

I'll probably be at the game anyway but would hate to see us drop a place by a few tops if I have some in the bin!

I'm not sure for definite. You could phone the Club?

The Irn-Bru bus is visiting Firhill on Saturday. I assume that after the game it will collect all the tops and then leave.

Will be making the game to hand these in. I don't have that many (about 30ish) but I'm doing nothing tomorrow, so I'll walk around the general area (there are four secondary schools within twenty minutes) so I want to get around 100. If I can't find them, I'm going to Poundland.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get out of the habit of scouring for these things wherever I go now. Shall we all just keep collecting in case Irn bru go for the same thing next season?

Hmm, last season it was text messages, this season it was drinks caps (I'm convinced that Morton had inside info). To keep it fresh they'll probably come up with something else....... but what........

:thinking:

Stenhousemuir are at least guaranteed 2nd spot and could maybe sneak the win.

I met a Stenny fan last night playing 5s and I was asking how Irons has been as boss for them etc. The conversation led onto the community run club and he said they are arguably one of the best run community clubs in Scotland. The problem for them is finding the support to back the club.

Anyway we went onto talk about the youth Development Competition and he said the Club offcials had received word of it around two months before the competition was announced nationally. The club proceeded to inform all their youth teeams, even going down to their under 10s who then proceeded to spread word amongst their friends etc. That's why they have done so well. They have 20,000 tops waiting in their office to hand in at the last minute.

I hope one day Partick Thistle will be run as efficiently and successfully as Stenhousemuir.

Stenhousemuir are at least guaranteed 2nd spot and could maybe sneak the win.

I met a Stenny fan last night playing 5s and I was asking how Irons has been as boss for them etc. The conversation led onto the community run club and he said they are arguably one of the best run community clubs in Scotland. The problem for them is finding the support to back the club.

Anyway we went onto talk about the youth Development Competition and he said the Club offcials had received word of it around two months before the competition was announced nationally. The club proceeded to inform all their youth teeams, even going down to their under 10s who then proceeded to spread word amongst their friends etc. That's why they have done so well. They have 20,000 tops waiting in their office to hand in at the last minute.

I hope one day Partick Thistle will be run as efficiently and successfully as Stenhousemuir.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some information "leaked" in advance to some clubs. There's no other way that a team like Stenhousemuir could amass that amount of tops if they'd started from the same position as (most of) the other clubs. And as for Morton......

Ach, third will do this time.