Stirling Albion Yesterday

Jaggernaut

Just noticed that the Binos were up 3-0 with 15 minutes left.

They lost 3-4!

:blink:

Bit of a poor result for us though as if Stirling had held on we could forget about being dragged dwon to the play off place. Not that I think that's likely to happen - and I see Cowden's goal difference is -25 to our -3.

I'd like to see us get three points agains QoS on Tuesday. Finger's crossed.

theres been a few times where we've been 2 ahead and drew or lost. cant remember any game where we have been 3 up and still not won?

games when ahead that spring to mind - qots the other week, up at ross county a few years ago when we won the first div, we were 2 up inside 5 mins and lost 3-2. i seem to remember against airdrie at broadwood when we were 4-2 up and drew 4-4? and a game against ayr at firhill a few years back when we were 2-0 up and drew 2-2, conway tore us a new ahole! also the st johnstone game when they scored 2 in the last 2 mins from the kick off!

Edited by jags on tour

theres been a few times where we've been 2 ahead and drew or lost. cant remember any game where we have been 3 up and still not won?

games when ahead that spring to mind - qots the other week, up at ross county a few years ago when we won the first div, we were 2 up inside 5 mins and lost 3-2. i seem to remember against airdrie at broadwood when we were 4-2 up and drew 4-4? and a game against ayr at firhill a few years back when we were 2-0 up and drew 2-2, conway tore us a new ahole! also the st johnstone game when they scored 2 in the last 2 mins from the kick off!

All too painful to remember!

On the other hand 3-0 down at home to Gretna with 8 mins to go. Mate left in disgust, by the time he got to Munn's it was 3 each.

too painful to remember, left at 3-0, turned on the radio to hear the full time scores on the road home and heard 3-3 being read out and couldny believe it. anyone got any footage of that game?

We were twice 2 up away at Albion Rovers & lost 5-4 IIRC. I think we were 2-0 up, then 2-2, then 4-2 then lost. I think John Flood scored 2 or 3 & possibly Ally Graham scored a few for them. It must have been late 80's & I think it was a league match

We were twice 2 up away at Albion Rovers & lost 5-4 IIRC. I think we were 2-0 up, then 2-2, then 4-2 then lost. I think John Flood scored 2 or 3 & possibly Ally Graham scored a few for them. It must have been late 80's & I think it was a league match

One of the most frustrating Thistle games I've ever been at. And that's saying something.

i remember we were 2 down aagainst motherwell with 2 mins to go and chico sorted it, scored a brace and laid on albert craig when he had that face mask thing on for is fractured cheek bone.The next wk we beat st johnstone 3-1 up there, was up there wae euan, dave and dougie clark. roddy grant scored 2 and albert craig scored. those were the days, eh?

Edited by Gimp

One of the most frustrating Thistle games I've ever been at. And that's saying something.

I'll never forget it. I think Floody scored two in the first couple of minutes, they equalised, then I think he scored again. We went 2 up again, twice, and we lose. I'll never forget the sinking feeling I had when they crashed their 5th in, and their fans in the wee stand went mental. No wonder. I'm getting sick just thinking about it.

John Flood is an all time fave player of mine. He scored a great televised goal v Raith Rovers at Firhill, and I also remember a great individual goal at Palmerston in a 4-2 win, when most of teh country was snowbound, but we took a chance and travelled anyway. Remember the Johnny Flood Experience? The great "hand knitted" fanzine? Handwritten and photocopied but great content.

Excuse that wee nostalgia trip.

In terms of fightbacks, I'd rather think of the time we were 3 down to Clyde and came back to 3-3. Jim Kerr winning a penalty for the 3rd though he was well outside the area when brought down. One unrealised dream of mine is to see us win after being 2 down. The last one I remember came at Fir Park some years ago but I wasn't there. All the more annoying as I didn't miss many games back then.

Edited by beep0608

On the other hand 3-0 down at home to Gretna with 8 mins to go. Mate left in disgust, by the time he got to Munn's it was 3 each.

Just tried to find it on youtube,found instead a 6-0 defeat at Firhill to Gretna which I had until now managed to forget about...we really were a terrible, terrible team under Dick Campbell. Things are much better now,no doubt about it...

I'll never forget it. I think Floody scored two in the first couple of minutes, they equalised, then I think he scored again. We went 2 up again, twice, and we lose. I'll never forget the sinking feeling I had when they crashed their 5th in, and their fans in the wee stand went mental. No wonder. I'm getting sick just thinking about it.

John Flood is an all time fave player of mine. He scored a great televised goal v Raith Rovers at Firhill, and I also remember a great individual goal at Palmerston in a 4-2 win, when most of teh country was snowbound, but we took a chance and travelled anyway. Remember the Johnny Flood Experience? The great "hand knitted" fanzine? Handwritten and photocopied but great content.

In terms of fightbacks, I'd rather think of the time we were 3 down to Clyde and came back to 3-3. Jim Kerr winning a penalty for the 3rd though he was well outside the area when brought down. One unrealised dream of mine is to see us win after being 2 down. The last one I remember came at Fir Park some years ago but I wasn't there. All the more annoying as I didn't miss many games back then.

cant remember the fir park game, we played them in the cup a few years back, we were 2-0 down and pulled it back to 2-2 but they scored in the last minute to win 3-2. im sure we came back from 2-0 a few times under campbell, i remember we were playing dumbarton and were getting beat 2-0, their fans were thinking they were mental giving us abuse, we score 3 times and end up relegating them! im sure slippers scored that day, also im sure we were 2-0 down to alloa at home or forfar or something and won.

Amazing as the three goal turnaround was I thought the 2-2 against that mob the following season almost as incredible.

To be two goals down after 74 seconds( :o ) is near enough impossible yet we managed it. Not two minutes into the game from my seat in the stand I could see a handful of Jags fans making their way back back down the hill. I'm sure they were all late arrivals and on hearing the score chose not to part with their £15 or whatever it cost back then. At the time I envied them but ending up getting a 2-2 draw against Gretna was a grand resultand an exceptional comeback. Heard many a tale re those who left when we were three down the season before but never heard from yon handful that walked back down the hill that day.

Btw can someone refresh my memory. Was the 2-2 game when Roberts equalised with that looping shot from outside the box?

Amazing as the three goal turnaround was I thought the 2-2 against that mob the following season almost as incredible.

To be two goals down after 74 seconds( :o ) is near enough impossible yet we managed it. Not two minutes into the game from my seat in the stand I could see a handful of Jags fans making their way back back down the hill. I'm sure they were all late arrivals and on hearing the score chose not to part with their £15 or whatever it cost back then. At the time I envied them but ending up getting a 2-2 draw against Gretna was a grand resultand an exceptional comeback. Heard many a tale re those who left when we were three down the season before but never heard from yon handful that walked back down the hill that day.

Btw can someone refresh my memory. Was the 2-2 game when Roberts equalised with that looping shot from outside the box?

I arrived a minute and a half into that game and when Roberts scored I was delighted. It was only when I met a guy that I know at half time that I heard we were 2-1 down. I had thought we were winning one nil.

We have been quite good at throwing away comfortable leads over the years. Examples that spring to mind are;

- 2-0 up at half time at Love Street with Murdo McLeod in charge. We lost 3-2.

- 1-0 up at McDiarmid Park during the "Dynamic Duo" reign. We were absolutely coasting this game and looked in no danger at all. All of sudden, BANG! Two injury time goals for the farmers and we walked away with nothing.

- 2-0 up against St Johnstone at Firhill with a couple of minutes to go. I'm sure this was Derek McInnes's first game in charge. Kenny Deuchar came on as a substitue and scored two headers right at the end. As soon as the first went in, I just knew they were going to get another.

- Palmerston only a couple of weeks ago.

- 2-0 up in the first five mimutes in Dingwall the season we won the League. We lost 3-2.

Yeah it was, we were running late that day and got a taxi from the Crosslands up to the ground, before we got out the taxi we were 2-0 down. My mates went into the ground as I finished my snout outside so I missed out first goal.

Missed 3 goals but convinced myself we had won 1-0.

We have been quite good at throwing away comfortable leads over the years. Examples that spring to mind are;

- 2-0 up at half time at Love Street with Murdo McLeod in charge. We lost 3-2.

Remember this one all to clearly. We'd been on a decent run and looked like a good bet for a quick return to the Premier League. This game was the week before Xmas and it all looked fine. After it we didn't win a game until March. Two Thistle fans were thrown out by the polis for fighting - each other. One of them had been giving Macleod dog's abuse, the other told him to shut it and the next things they were laying into each other. A truly awful day all in.

In terms of fightbacks, I'd rather think of the time we were 3 down to Clyde and came back to 3-3. Jim Kerr winning a penalty for the 3rd though he was well outside the area when brought down.

I seem to have a vague recollection of that happening twice that season, or was it us racing to a 3-0 lead and Clyde pulling it back the second time?