Pay At The The Gate Prices Increase

northernsoul

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop all your f*cking moaning!

This is Thistle. Partick Thistle!

The only club for the likes of you and me.

A lot of the time, we're crap. Sometimes, we're good.

Going to see Thistle play at Firhill, or anywhere else, is one of the great things about living in this country.

SUPPPORT YOUR TEAM!!

Apparently Dundee will be charging us £19 next season with the price remaining £10 for concessions.

Falkirk will be charging £15 adults, £10 OAP/Student/16-18, £7 under 16, £5 under 12 and free for under 5s.

If you are happy to pay those prices then go ! If not then vote with your feet !! What else can we do as football fans of clubs we love ? back to basics imho . Arthurlie are my local ( glory hunting team ) although ( Johnstone have apparently won promotion ) . I am season holder at Firhill and will not waver in my support ( at present ) of the team I have followed since i was 1st sacrificed at the age of 8 :angry: . I will continue to buy my season book for myself and my reserved tickets for my u16 kids.

Apparently Dundee will be charging us £19 next season with the price remaining £10 for concessions.

Falkirk will be charging £15 adults, £10 OAP/Student/16-18, £7 under 16, £5 under 12 and free for under 5s.

Any lingering doubts of not boycotting that sh1thole with nazi stewards have been well and truly removed if that entry price is true.

Dundee and Melville can suck my big fat lightsaber, no way am I stepping foot inside Dens or helping fund that mob, and just because they cocked up last season and didn't get to the SPL, doesn't mean they can get away with charging near-SPL-prices this season.

Going to see Thistle play at Firhill, or anywhere else, is one of the great things about living in this country.

SUPPPORT YOUR TEAM!!

Bit early for that, isn't it? :lol:

SUPPPORT YOUR TEAM!!

Bit early for that, isn't it? :lol:

Price will always be a determining factor, but it's far from being the only one.

John Boyle tried to get punters back in the door at Motherwell by cutting prices while still putting a half decent team on the pitch. That experiment ended in administration after no marked increase in attendances.

Facing facts, the Club can't continue to exist if it loses money every year and there is no rich benefactor willing to fund the shortfall. That leaves the Club Board with a decision: will an increase in prices result in an increase in revenue, or will it just cause more people to stay away? It's not an easy decision, particularly if you accept that football is already overpriced to begin with.

I would much rather see a greater degree of openness and engagement coming from those who run the Club. We should all be on the same side and pulling in the same direction, but it often doesn't feel that way, although in my heart, I believe that everyone has the best of intentions.

A change in personalities at Board level would probably help to re-engage the fans, if I'm being honest, but only in the short term. A fundamental shift in attitude is needed from both disallusioned supporters and directors of the Club to sweep away the nonsense of the last few years.

Sadly, I don't see many outward signs, but I remain willing to do my part, however small that may be in the grand scheme of things.

SUPPPORT YOUR TEAM!!

At last, someone speaking sense.

Stop whinging and support your team. And remember,kids get in for free.

To all those who are in disbelief that folk are complaining about a quid increase.

"F***sake it's only a quid" is not the issue, suggesting "it's only a quid" is suggesting that you had already planned to go and already had the 16 quid budgeted to begin with, therefore,it's only another quid and somehow that's acceptable.

With people who have tight finances and decide wether they can justify their last 20 quid on going to the fitba on a week to week basis it changes everything.

I look to go to every Thistle game, every season and it's great when week in week out my finances are good enough to allow that, however, come the weeks when i'm sitting with a spare 20 quid in my pocket I will no longer see it as viable to spend it on the fitba,because it's simply not enough now and i'll stretch over that 20 quid to attend, 15 quid for scottish 1st division fitba is NOT value for money, but fitba is my thing and with 20 quid in my pocket it was accessable, at 17 quid entry it is no longer accessable to me with 20 quid in my pocket unless I walk approx 20 miles.

There are many ways in which the club could raise much needed cash from its fans, STJ proved this, Thistle fans have proved this.

It's not about paying "just one more quid", you're dillusioned if you think it is.

OMG PRICE INCREASE OF A POUND PTFC ARE A SHAMBLES

THE BOD ARE A DISGRACE

I WILL NEVER EVER EVER GO TO ANOTHER THISTLE MATCH AGAIN I AM LIKE SOOOOOOO PISSED OFF AND I WANT EVERYONE ELSE TO KNOW IT I HOPE THE CLUB GO BUST SO I CAN SIT WATCHING SKY SPORTS WITH A SMUG SMILE ON MY FACE FOR EVERMORE IN FACT I'M GOING TO WATCH THE JUNIORS FOR SOME FOOTBALL OF HIGH QUALITY AND GREAT PLAYERS ON SHOW AND HOPEFULLY IF I GO THERE PEOPLE WILL NOTICE ME FOR ONCE BECAUSE THERE ARE HARDLY ANY FANS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE

An increase, again, is pretty bad. £17 is a bit steep. Look on the bright side though, Dundee are charging adults £19 for a mediocre game of First Division football.

Thankfully, I can still get a "Youth (16-21)" season ticket, so all is well for me.

So, if Joe Soap has money he can sit on the Thistle board? Aren't we getting a little off topic here? :rolleyes: What do we get for our seventeen quid that's 'more' than sixth place last year? Second place the year before was better value for money, wasn't it?

What could the club do to lessen the blow of putting up the gate price?

It's also worth pointing out, our concession gate allows people U-21 to get a concession ticket, not just OAP & Students. Which is pretty decent, not many clubs do that.

I see no reason why an unemployment gate couldn't/shouldn't be introduced, but as long as you had to produce a letter dated within a month saying that you are on said benefit.

And photo ID?

so unemployed, students, kids, under 21s all get in cheaper...