Team For Tuesday

1 John Lambie

Basically trying to get today's game out of my mind... Hodge, Paton & McGowan out at least. Keep Cairney away even if fit, send him to Clyde on loan for a month & see if it changes his attitude.

.............................Fox

McGeough.....Robertson.....Archibald.....Boyle

Flannigan.....Rowson.....Lochhead.....Erskine

..................Fraser.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Balatoni

MacBeth

Campbell

Grehan

Could play Kinniburgh (if fit) or Balatoni at CB & Robertson at RB, but I'd give McGeough a game, progress our young players. Get Lochhead in, the young players have some skill & should certainly give the team some drive. I would play Balatoni, but only if there's a good chance he'll be here next season.

I see Bannigan has been on the bench for Ayr's last few games & hasn't got on, can we & is there any point recalling him? He's there to get games, which he has had, but if he's not going to get starts he's as well playing some football in the 1st div & would start on Tue.

John "Cowboy" McCormack has been at our last two games in his capacity as a scout for Stirling so he will have seen the good and the bad.

I would imagine that Stirling will try the "sit in and hit on the break" tactic that has served them well against us (6-1 game aside) so it is a question of how best to overcome that.

The manager's recent comments about McGeough seem to indicate the coaching team feel he is better going forward on the right than defending so he could play as a wing back or winger (although that is Campbell's position as well).

I would go for a line up of:

Fox

Robertson

Kinniburgh/Balatoni (depending on fitness)

Archibald

McGeough

Rowson

McNamara

Boyle

Flannigan

Grehan

Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Campbell

Erskine

Fraser

Donnelly (if fit)

Drop everyone from Saturday that can be dropped and filled in by a youngster except Fox, Rowson and Doolan.

what a load of nonsense. The team played badly as a whole yesterday, but replacing them by youngsters who aren't ready for the 1st team is the wrong thing to do.

Fraser & Campbell both got a reasonable run yesterday & made no real difference, so what makes you think bringing in another 6 youngsters will make a difference? These guys need time & do need to play more, but I don't think we have a team of youngsters anywhere near ready for the 1st team

I'd go along with that!

I think you should maybe apologise to most of the Thistle players for that comment :P . How can you go along with something if you have no way of knowing whether or not it is justified?

Wasn't there myself yesterday but I do agree with Uberteebs about seeing more of the youngsters, maybe McGeough for the suspended Paton and Fraser for Grehan (although I feel he has come on to a game recently so am undecided).

Id go

.........................Fox

McGeough...Robbo/Kinniburgh (if fit)...Archie...Boyle

Flannigan........Rowson.......Cairney.........Erskine

...........Doolan..............Grehan/Fraser

Subs:

Scully

Robbo/MacNamara

Balatoni

Campbell

Grehan/Fraser

Edited by Steven H

I think you should maybe apologise to most of the Thistle players for that comment :P . How can you go along with something if you have no way of knowing whether or not it is justified?

Wasn't their myself yesterday but I do agree with Uberteebs about seeing more of the youngsters, maybe McGeough for the suspended Paton and Fraser for Grehan (although I feel he has come on to a game recently so am undecided).

Id go

.........................Fox

McGeough...Robbo/Kinniburgh (if fit)...Archie...Boyle

Flannigan........Rowson.......McGowan.........Erskine

...........Doolan..............Grehan/Fraser

Subs:

Scully

Robbo/MacNamara

Balatoni

Campbell

Grehan/Fraser

McGowan is away with the Australian team so will miss out on Tuesday and possibly Saturday as well.

Basically trying to get today's game out of my mind... Hodge, Paton & McGowan out at least. Keep Cairney away even if fit, send him to Clyde on loan for a month & see if it changes his attitude.

McGeough.....Robertson.....Archibald.....Boyle

Flannigan.....Rowson.....Lochhead.....Erskine

..................Fraser.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Balatoni

MacBeth

Campbell

Grehan

Could play Kinniburgh (if fit) or Balatoni at CB & Robertson at RB, but I'd give McGeough a game, progress our young players. Get Lochhead in, the young players have some skill & should certainly give the team some drive. I would play Balatoni, but only if there's a good chance he'll be here next season.

I see Bannigan has been on the bench for Ayr's last few games & hasn't got on, can we & is there any point recalling him? He's there to get games, which he has had, but if he's not going to get starts he's as well playing some football in the 1st div & would start on Tue.

What happened to Paton ? Is he suspended or injured ?

Anyone who thinks this will be an easy 3 points needs to think again. Stirling are battling for their lives, remeber last week they played with 10 men for most of the game and still held Dunfermline to a draw at Forthbank. We only need look at the first 2 games of this season against them to see what can happen if we underestimate them.

Anyone who thinks this will be an easy 3 points needs to think again. Stirling are battling for their lives, remeber last week they played with 10 men for most of the game and still held Dunfermline to a draw at Forthbank. We only need look at the first 2 games of this season against them to see what can happen if we underestimate them.

Yup and they played with 9 men for most of Saturday's game too but got thumped 4-1 (all goals scored by guys who were part of our team earlier this season).

We need to see a reaction from our guys tomorrow night, I'll say 3-0 Thistle. Said that to someone the last time we played Stirling Albion and look how that turned out :D

Match preview says MacBeth is fit so I am slotting him in next to Rowson. Interesting that Jordan McGrotty has been added to the squad.

Robertson..... Balatoni.....Archibald.....Boyle

Flannigan.....Rowson..... MacBeth.....Erskine

.................. Grehan.....Doolan

Subs

Scully

MacNamara

Donnelly

Campbell

Fraser

Yup and they played with 9 men for most of Saturday's game too but got thumped 4-1 (all goals scored by guys who were part of our team earlier this season).

We need to see a reaction from our guys tomorrow night, I'll say 3-0 Thistle. Said that to someone the last time we played Stirling Albion and look how that turned out :D

Well done Steven.luck or skill?

well done that man, I hope you had some cash on the correct score!! :clapping::clapping::clapping: any chance of tomorrows lottery numbers?

Well done Steven.luck or skill?

Predicting ANY result of ANY Thistle match is pure luck, we all know that :D

:lol: had actually forgotten I predicted 3-0.

:thumbsup::fan: