The Firhill Office

potty trained

Open your eyes Alan

The evidence is everywhere. Hughes masterminded the exit of Jim Alexander and he is still in charge of every financial decision at the club. Not one penny goes out the door without his say so.

Tom Hughes still runs the club and that is why the club continues to deteriorate on a daily basis.

We cannot move forward as a club until Tom Hughes is gone. Sadly, I now believe that when Tom Hughes leaves he will be closing the door at Firhill forever.

Ian, that's one side of an argument and you're making assumptions. Not ones I'd bet against, mind you.

Open your eyes Alan

The evidence is everywhere. Hughes masterminded the exit of Jim Alexander and he is still in charge of every financial decision at the club. Not one penny goes out the door without his say so.

Tom Hughes still runs the club and that is why the club continues to deteriorate on a daily basis.

We cannot move forward as a club until Tom Hughes is gone. Sadly, I now believe that when Tom Hughes leaves he will be closing the door at Firhill forever.

He was running hospitality on saturday, but made it clear that he was not a director at the club. The smug look he had while saying it of course put everyone's minds completely at rest :rolleyes:

Which would require a wage to match. I'm guessing Maxi isn't getting a King's ransome for this.

You'd think!

I mean, there's no way he would, right? I mean, the Club is skint, flat broke! There's no way he'd be picking up a heft wage, right?

I mean the guy is a qualified Civil Engineer, he could walk into plenty jobs out there, paying a great salary. He's here for the love of the club, right?

:thinking:

Regardez et repetez: there's a strong possibility Ian Maxwell is not directly employed by the club, but by a company owned by one of its directors. :wall:

Is there?

Strange that every other employee, "paid for" by the Directors, has been stated as such when they are appointed. Almost like a wee boardroom pat on the bum to each other.

Strange they wouldn't do the same with Maxi.

Why would they not publicise how they are digging into their own pockets for this brand new role?

Unless of course it's not coming out their pockets.

Maybe the new managers wage will be a lot less, to cover Maxi's wage?

Open your eyes Alan

Tom Hughes does not control this clubs finances. Mr. Beattie is a successful businessman who sold a business for more than £30 million pounds, Tom Hughes is an accountant. To suggest its Hughes running this club is ludicrous.

If I recall, Ian Maxwell's signing as a player was financed by a director. I didn't read that in a newspaper or on the club website. I read about it here. If you believe what the speculation and gossip surrounding the club tell you, you'll hear that only the players are employed by the club. Perhaps that hasn't changed where Ian's employment is concerned.

Tom Hughes does not control this clubs finances. Mr. Beattie is a successful businessman who sold a business for more than £30 million pounds, Tom Hughes is an accountant. To suggest its Hughes running this club is ludicrous.

Sorry Alan but you are quite plainly wrong. Tom Hughes still has a million shares. Like it or not he DOES control the club's finances, and he still calls all the shots at the club.

and it IS ludicrous, but not for the reasons you gave.

Incorrect.

There is evidence to the contrary.

You are a sensible poster Alan, but when people are in possession of evidence to the contrary, you will not get them to agree with you just by being sensible!

PM me if you want to know why others hold a contrary view to yours.

You'd think!

I mean, there's no way he would, right? I mean, the Club is skint, flat broke! There's no way he'd be picking up a heft wage, right?

I mean the guy is a qualified Civil Engineer, he could walk into plenty jobs out there, paying a great salary. He's here for the love of the club, right?

:thinking:

If you know something just say it, the above does no-one any good.

Something that really annoys me is FREE money that's being missed out on by the club, it's almost like we don't need it!

* People who try to book hospitality, but cant.

* People who try to take out or upgrade their Centenary Fund, but cant.

* People who try to buy half season tickets/3 or 5 game packages, but cant.

These people don't just contact the club once, they do it many times & eventually give up, which is not good enough. & then there's the irn bru bottle lids.

Edited by 1 John Lambie