Mccoist And Mccall

jonboy

Was chatting to my known associate today and there is talk about him being McCoist's number 2!!

Any thought's on this one??

I heard this a few weeks ago...apparently McDowell is odds on for the Killie job. Told a few mates on Saturday and, as you'd expect, they laughed. They also said something along the lines of "if that's true we're on the bell for the whole of next season" . Fingers crossed eh :lol:

edited to add: In the same league, i.e. unlikely rumours, I hear Twaddle could be returning to Firhill. The actual rumour is he had signed a PCA with us but I seriously doubt that.

Edited by Steven H

I heard this a few weeks ago...apparently McDowell is odds on for the Killie job. Told a few mates on Saturday and, as you'd expect, they laughed. They also said something along the lines of "if that's true we're on the bell for the whole of next season" . Fingers crossed eh :lol:

edited to add: In the same league, i.e. unlikely rumours, I hear Twaddle could be returning to Firhill. The actual rumour is he had signed a PCA with us but I seriously doubt that.

bloody hope not, just as bloody lazy tracking back as GH was

Edited by jaggybunnet

Perhaps Falkirk are defaulting on the last payment?

If there's any substance to the rumour that too occurred to me. I thought his transfer was a straight cash deal but even at that there may have been something held back for Twaddle to complete so many games or something similar.

A situation like that would be far from ideal as the potential of having a player who doesn't really want to be at Firhill in the first place is too strong. Even if he did want to be here it could be perceived he didn't.

On the other hand, assuming Boyle is moving on, Twaddle would be a more than a decent replacement (also assuming he wanted to be at Firhill). It's very unlikely that there'll be much of a choice of capable left backs out of contract in our lowly price range. Moving Archie over to full back, bar a game or two, is imo no longer an option.

Twaddle would be a good signing for us.

Depends on how the management would handle it. As LIB says, he may not really want to be back but if it's sold as a way for him to rebuild his career a bit (i.e. get a transfer to an SPL club) by showing what he can do it might work out OK.

Oh, just thought, MacNamara must have overlapped with him at Falkirk so he'll know him.

Edited by Mr Bunny

If there's any substance to the rumour that too occurred to me. I thought his transfer was a straight cash deal but even at that there may have been something held back for Twaddle to complete so many games or something similar.

A situation like that would be far from ideal as the potential of having a player who doesn't really want to be at Firhill in the first place is too strong. Even if he did want to be here it could be perceived he didn't.

On the other hand, assuming Boyle is moving on, Twaddle would be a more than a decent replacement (also assuming he wanted to be at Firhill). It's very unlikely that there'll be much of a choice of capable left backs out of contract in our lowly price range. Moving Archie over to full back, bar a game or two, is imo no longer an option.

IIRC it was to be paid in three £20k instalments and as soon as I heard the rumour I thought the same thing. If it's true then I hope he is a replacement for Boyle and plays left back/wing back. One of those huffy type of players and I'm sure he wanted to play centre back, we don't need him if that remains his thinking, which just adds to the 'does he want to be here though' concerns LIB.

There's a heavy assumption that Paddy will be offski some time soon; that depends on a few factors, though. So, if Boyle's departure doesn't materialise as quickly as most people anticipate, who would we rather have - a Twaddle that's not over keen to be back at Firhill, or a Boyle that's not too fussed to be staying at Firhill?

I'd take Twaddle back in a heartbeat. A left back who can go past players and hit the byeline the way he can is a rare asset at our level.

Really don't want to see McCall at Ibrox, but I suppose it does make sense, they will be looking for an experienced assistant for McCoist, it would no doubt be a pay rise for McCall, he doesn't have to leave Glasgow, etc.

There's a heavy assumption that Paddy will be offski some time soon; that depends on a few factors, though. So, if Boyle's departure doesn't materialise as quickly as most people anticipate, who would we rather have - a Twaddle that's not over keen to be back at Firhill, or a Boyle that's not too fussed to be staying at Firhill?

As I have said before, we don't know how much Paddy was offered. He was told my McCall that he could find a new club last year. If Paddy has been offered the similar wages, he has every right to look elsewhere for a better deal. It would a wise move to leave the offer on the table.

If Falkirk default on the transfer fee, there is no automatic return to Firhill for Twaddle. His contract with Falkirk will not be related to the transfer fee. We would have to take Falkirk to court.

I'd take Twaddle back in a heartbeat. A left back who can go past players and hit the byeline the way he can is a rare asset at our level.

Really don't want to see McCall at Ibrox, but I suppose it does make sense, they will be looking for an experienced assistant for McCoist, it would no doubt be a pay rise for McCall, he doesn't have to leave Glasgow, etc.

Going to Ibrox could be a poisoned chalice for McCall. McCoist has no managerial track record and is a risky appointment. He needs a few new players next season but, even under new ownership, his budget will be tight. If Rangers do not win the league this season, they will not have a Champions League place next season so money will be even tighter.

Well it appears that McCall won't be going to Falkirk:

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5340&Itemid=320

Wonder how the Falkirk fans will react to this :thinking:

LOL - I was not expecting that! This is almost too funny.

A lot of the fans on Pie and Bovril were criticising somebody who spoke up at the recent fans meeting, for suggesting SP be given a chance. It'll be interesting to see how it affects season ticket sales at a time when finances are tight.

Roll on next season, it almost makes me more confident! What price on SP being first manager to get the boot next year?

Well it appears that McCall won't be going to Falkirk:

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5340&Itemid=320

Wonder how the Falkirk fans will react to this :thinking:

Was he not on a 1 year rolling contract? Could that be a way of getting out of it cheap, giving him one years notice of their intention to sack him?

If McCall has an agreement with the h.uns then I think, to be fair to him, he played it well.

If they want him then he is going to leave Firhill, simple. He left at a point where we had nothing to play for in the league and were in no relegation danger, McNamara got a few (non-pressure) games to prove his worth as Manager towards the end of the season. If this Rangers rumour turns out to be true, then fair play (although did he not say that it was not for football reasons??).

However, if he does join the h.uns, then he is fair game for some serious stick, just for being a h.un

All this latest conjecture still puzzles me. If McCall is heading to Ibrox why the sudden departure?

Something happened yon Thursday night/Friday morning to tip the scales or, more Machiavellian perhaps, IMcC used something that happened then to engineer his escape.

If the hunjob is genuine why did McCall feel obliged to leave Firhill so urgently? Doesn't make any obvious sense.