New Manager To Be Confirmed Within A Week Or So [Pun Alert]

kni

i would not be unhappy if Jackie McNamara got the job as he has done a reasonable job so far.But initialy i would only give him a 1 year contract with an option to extend it depending how well we are doing.If he wanted longer i think we should thank him for what he has done and look elsewhere.

Maybe he'll use the McCallian tactic of stipulating a cunning 3-year plan, cunning mainly because it gets extended every year.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope they've not peaked too early.

They were a major factor in us climbing up the league after some ropey results. Hopefully, they will get us to the top next season but it could be a bit rocky. If budgets are tighter, may need to axe some descent players.

They were a major factor in us climbing up the league after some ropey results. Hopefully, they will get us to the top next season but it could be a bit rocky. If budgets are tighter, may need to axe some descent players.

Surely we'll mount more of a challenge than under IM.

My mole at The Herald tells me they've been on to Beattie this morning and "he wouldn't crack a light".

Your mole has some front if he/she thinks Beattie would give him an exclusive on this one before the new gaffer is informed. Was it a journo looking to scale the dizzy heights of the Glasgow Press Association.

The new gaffer must target promotion as his first priority so we can avoid playing Greenock Molten. I'm vulcan sick of going to the cramped seats of Cappielow. Still, I suppose it's better than having to watch us play Pompeii twice a season.

I remember one match in Greenock in which Alpert Crag scored a great goal. Pity he never hit those heights again.

I hope this guy doesnt get the job but graham roberts was on talksport on friday afternoon and mentioned he has applied for a job in scotland and as we are the only club looking for a gaffer it looks like he applied for our managers job. Hope to F**k he does not get it! that would be like going ten steps backwards.

Kilmarnock and Alloa Athletic are also looking for new Managers