Looking Like The Blue Brazil

Tom Hosie

Our "New Year Derby" is going to be gash again.

The only permutations I can see happening are these two:

Dundee v County

Raith v Dunfermline

Stirling v Falkirk

Queens v Cowden

Thistle v Morton

or

Dundee v County

Raith v Cowden

Dunfermline v Falkirk

Queens v Morton

Thistle v Stirling

Delighted for Danny Lennon.

On the downside, that's 6 trips to the bowels of Scotland next season. And with Dundee, Falkirk and Stirling it leaves only Ross Co and QoS as any kind of a decent awayday next year.

Gouuted that sectarian Dick's team made it up to Div 2. Boo!!!

First time we've been in the same league as them since 1933-34. Quite the stat that, considering our ups and downs in the last 15 years. I've never been to Central Park, looking forward to the trip next year.

That is quite some stat.

Delighted for Danny Lennon.

On the downside, that's 6 trips to the bowels of Scotland next season. And with Dundee, Falkirk and Stirling it leaves only Ross Co and QoS as any kind of a decent awayday next year.

Gouuted that sectarian Dick's team made it up to Div 2. Boo!!!

Chuffed that the Blue Brazil have come up, and will be great to see DL back at Firhill, I'm sure he will get a rousing welcome (Just leave the 3 points behind each time you visit though Danny ;) )

There will be a lot of travelling east and north east next season, and not that many fill me with enthusiasm so can see me passing on a sizeable percentage of them. Too many of the same old teams, nazi stewarding and crap away days makes the expense and (lack of) enjoyment of them not worth it.

Has there been a worse league for away trips?

6 trips to Fife

2 to the middle of nowhere outside Falkirk

2 trips to the £19 entry Dens Park where you get treated like crap and are offered overpriced catering

2 trips to the awful Greenock

Dumfries and Dingwall just about make it bearable.

We are in dire need of league expansion, and with our looming price increase, I don't expect away (or home) fans to be flocking to Firhill either next season. Too many of the same mind-numbing trips and teams, which hardly changes season to season.

And if the 14 team SPL gets the green light, what's the betting all the SFL will do is admit two new teams and keep the 3 leagues of 10?

:wall::wall::wall:

We are in dire need of league expansion, and with our looming price increase, I don't expect away (or home) fans to be flocking to Firhill either next season. Too many of the same mind-numbing trips and teams, which hardly changes season to season.

And if the 14 team SPL gets the green light, what's the betting all the SFL will do is admit two new teams and keep the 3 leagues of 10?

:wall::wall::wall:

Spot on.

Only thing vaguely positive I can think of is that those stay away from Firhill fans we hear about will have less to enthuse about regarding those oh so enjoyable away days. That said of the three Fife venues we'll visit I'm fairly certain Cowdenbeath will be the most enjoyable. That's not exactly saying a lot though.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Has there been a worse league for away trips?

6 trips to Fife

2 to the middle of nowhere outside Falkirk

2 trips to the £19 entry Dens Park where you get treated like crap and are offered overpriced catering

2 trips to the awful Greenock

Dumfries and Dingwall just about make it bearable.

It is absolutely rubbish for away games next season, apart from County and Queens they are mince. I don’t see myself going to many of the second round of away games apart from those 2. No doubt somehow we will be up at Dingwall midweek and be down at a Dumfries on a Sunday when there is no trains.

And Dundee can shove their £19 entry fee, that is insane.

Maybe it's time that we forgot about the away days and all concentrated on getting to every home game and keeping all our money in our own club instead of going a great way to helping run the other clubs. I doubt I'll make many away days at all next season and certainly won't be adding to the coffers of the likes of Dundee or Dunfermline.

Guest grahamgibsonlickedmyaero

Maybe it's time that we forgot about the away days and all concentrated on getting to every home game and keeping all our money in our own club instead of going a great way to helping run the other clubs. I doubt I'll make many away days at all next season and certainly won't be adding to the coffers of the likes of Dundee or Dunfermline.

personal preference that one.

firhill is a disaster. i hate going.

the 2 county trips and the 2 dumfries trips are a shoe in.

I go to every home game and the majority of away games, decent away trips are what make being a football supporter worthwhile in my opinion.

First time we've been in the same league as them since 1933-34. Quite the stat that, considering our ups and downs in the last 15 years. I've never been to Central Park, looking forward to the trip next year.

That can't be right....when we got relegated in 69/70 there was only 2 divisions. We must have played them then...

They were promoted in 69-70 as we were relegated. We went back up the following season, and they were relegated.

1969-70 - Division 1, Division 2

1970-71 - Division 1, Division 2

Just as I posted, I thought that was the only thing that could have happened, but I just couldn't see it, so I never checked it. That'll learn me.

Edited by crazy davie

Anyone know when we last played at Central Park? By my reckoning

our last 3 meetings have been at Firhill. Two good wins and a

horrible 1-0 defeat in the cup.

I've never been. I do remember seeing us playing them when I was a little nipper standing with my old man on the fringe of the shed, I only remember cause I was sure him calling them 'The Blue Brazil' was just a terrible dad joke for years after and was amazed when I found out it was true.

I've never been.

You are not missing much. Central Park is fairly unmemorable; the speedway track around the pitch means the terracing is some distance from the players. I once spent a winter mid-week evening there watching Cowdenbeath play East Fife...never felt so cold !