New Strip Leak!

jagscast

When I started watching the Jags it was vertical stripes so I have always had a slight preference for them over hoops but either is fine with me as long as they are red & yellow.

yeah me too. My parents have just binned my first ever jags top.....78/79 i think (umbro one). Vertical strips. It was hanging up in the shed of their house, that i'd converted into a kind of jags shrine......they said it was all worn and not worth keeping......I have since disowned them !!!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah me too. My parents have just binned my first ever jags top.....78/79 i think (umbro one). Vertical strips. It was hanging up in the shed of their house, that i'd converted into a kind of jags shrine......they said it was all worn and not worth keeping......I have since disowned them !!!

And they wonder why there is less respect these days shown by offspring towards their parents!

Most probably. You and Jaggernaut are evidently old duffers while I started following Thistle in the early 90s.

Well, I'm an old duffer too ...but still young at heart B)

I'm enough of a traditionalist to think that Thistle's strip is red and yellow hoops...but it doesn't have much style. When we changed 1n 1971 to the yellow top & red shorts it was commented that this "modern" design matched the young exciting team we had at the time.

I think red and yellow stripes look better than the hoops...I even quite liked the Jester top, if not most of the players who wore it.

One of the points I made in the Board's fan survey was that much of club's leisure/training wear did not make use of the bold club colours, several items are not even red and yellow.

I think there should be a real opportunity with the distinctive club colours and good design to produce some stylish kits - the old Liverpool Away strip/pizza delivery boy outfit which appears to be this coming season's effort isn't it.

Well, I'm an old duffer too ...but still young at heart B)

I'm enough of a traditionalist to think that Thistle's strip is red and yellow hoops...but it doesn't have much style. When we changed 1n 1971 to the yellow top & red shorts it was commented that this "modern" design matched the young exciting team we had at the time.

I think red and yellow stripes look better than the hoops...I even quite liked the Jester top, if not most of the players who wore it.

One of the points I made in the Board's fan survey was that much of club's leisure/training wear did not make use of the bold club colours, several items are not even red and yellow.

I think there should be a real opportunity with the distinctive club colours and good design to produce some stylish kits - the old Liverpool Away strip/pizza delivery boy outfit which appears to be this coming season's effort isn't it.

To be fair, I think there have been some cracking polos, t-shirts etc over the last couple of years. But also some stuff that I would never dream of buying, and that includes the Airdrie tribute black 'n' red/grey training tops etc. You're absolutely right, there should be more stuff that remains true to the Jags colours, although even I am happy to see the odd item that isn't obviously Thistle, but on closer inspection it clearly is! I looked in at Greaves earlier this week, but came away with nothing for the summer. But then I got it all during the season. Here's hoping for a new range of good stuff soon.

Oh, including the tartan scarf!

To be fair, I think there have been some cracking polos, t-shirts etc over the last couple of years. But also some stuff that I would never dream of buying, and that includes the Airdrie tribute black 'n' red/grey training tops etc. You're absolutely right, there should be more stuff that remains true to the Jags colours, although even I am happy to see the odd item that isn't obviously Thistle, but on closer inspection it clearly is! I looked in at Greaves earlier this week, but came away with nothing for the summer. But then I got it all during the season. Here's hoping for a new range of good stuff soon.

Oh, including the tartan scarf!

have to agree. I've 3 t shirts, a zipper top and a polo and all easily recognisable as the jags. I didn't like the training gear couple seasons back that did resemble airdrie colours.....that was puma branding at the time as most clubs they supply had something along those lines.

There are some great polos available and yeah some not so great but overall the range is good.

Would like to see more clothing for kids.....we do lack a good range of clothing for our younger fans....wife will kill me for saying so.

Pretty sure the new range will follow the new strip....I too hope its a good range of stuff.

Most probably. You and Jaggernaut are evidently old duffers while I started following Thistle in the early 90s.

Jaggernaut probably wins on the age thing :) For me the hoops represented Thistle, but it wasnt just the hoops, it was the clours, red and yellow. When we moved to the stripes i didnt mind, quite liked it and had many tops of that ilk, but the important thing was the colours. having said that, one of my "favourite" tops was the white one with the red and yellow piping down the sides, with the black, yellow and red collar, dont know why but that top really appealed to me, we must keep the red and yellow within the designs.

I agree that I think it's the colours we are more associated with, rather than whether it's hoops, stripes or anything else. It was the colonel gees strip when I was young. I think it's nice to change it about a bit.

I'm not sure what the Liverpool away shirt posted earlier is, as the away shirt is black this season, and their 3rd kit is all white, with a blue (yes blue! :blink: ) trim. Not going down well with some reds fans, that one.

Edited by brick_top

I think we should stick with the hoops for the home top every season. That's the strip that people identify ye jags with. On a side note, I can't stick polo tops, they are seriously uncool, along with blue jeans, tank tops, cardigans, ties and shoes. Ruddy shoes, grrrr. And anything corduoroy, and those silly fluffy Teletubby track/romper suits that neds wear, grrrr.

On a side note, I can't stick polo tops, they are seriously uncool, along with blue jeans, tank tops, cardigans, ties and shoes. Ruddy shoes, grrrr. And anything corduoroy, and those silly fluffy Teletubby track/romper suits that neds wear, grrrr.

I'd have to agree that if you wore all of those items at the same time you'd be seriously uncool.

I think we should stick with the hoops for the home top every season. That's the strip that people identify ye jags with. On a side note, I can't stick polo tops, they are seriously uncool, along with blue jeans, tank tops, cardigans, ties and shoes. Ruddy shoes, grrrr. And anything corduoroy, and those silly fluffy Teletubby track/romper suits that neds wear, grrrr.

Whatelse does that leave to wear!! :lol:

In complete agreement.

Is this drawn from a survey or something?

Surely the stripes are more identifiable... both our previous spells in the SPL when televised, we wore stripes.

plus if you look at the last 40 years, since the league cup final win, we've worn stripes for 20 years, a yellow top for 10 years and hoops for 10 years.

As long at the predominant colours of the strip as a whole are red and yellow, I don't care if it is stripes, hoops, plain, halfs, quarters, checkers, squiggles. I don't care if it is a v neck, round neck or collar. I don't care if it has trim hear there or anywhere. We are the "red'n'yellah army" and always will be the "red'n'yellah army"

Is this drawn from a survey or something?

Surely the stripes are more identifiable... both our previous spells in the SPL when televised, we wore stripes.

plus if you look at the last 40 years, since the league cup final win, we've worn stripes for 20 years, a yellow top for 10 years and hoops for 10 years.

Go back another 25 years, and that makes 35 years of hoops vs. 20 for stripes. Victory for the hoops!

That's probably true for the younger supporters, those who don't remember mutch before the late nineties when the horizontal stripes made a comeback. I identify Thistle with stripes (horizontal or vertical)and plain yellow tops.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a return to plain yellow with red trim as sometimes the striped numbers can be totally OTT (with the exception of last season's which was one of the best).

This may have been covered, but I can't be arsed reading through 5 pages - was in Greaves today and confirmation (by their staff anyway) that the new home kit is yellow with red pinstripes as the pic suggests. Forgot to ask the colour of shorts and socks - hope they are black.

New away kit they were more coy about - but 'it is black.....'

Edited by 1876Jag