New Strip Leak!

jagscast

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the thinner material, is it just lighter or does it seem poorer quality? I have a nike croatia top with light material but possibly the best material from a football top I've ever had. The puma thistle tops have been too thick and warm for me, but the designs have been superb.

In fairness, Puma have treated us pretty well throughout our deal. A few of our kits have been unique to us. The salmon/grey horizontal stripes (the colouring, I mean), the camouflage one, this seasons one - I haven't seen any other club with that design yet. Plus, the Centenary top which was cracking.

The quality might not be great, but as I've said, I have a top which is thinner than the norm, and that might be the way kit manufacturers are going from now on.

As i said, the design is great. The quality is not. Again, compare to other strips (from all manufacturers - Puma included) at the same price and the quality is disgraceful.

Centenary top and pink/grey hoops tops have been mentioned above - Both those tops are vastly superior in quality to what we have been dished up past 2 seasons.

If we were being charged £25 for the top then i wouldn't have any complaints at all. However to have our top charged at the same price as top level shirts such as Barcelona or Real Madrid is just ridiculous. Again, wouldnt have any complaints if the material/quality was of a comparable standard to similarly priced strips.

Edited to answer Twinny: Its not some super light, modern new material to make the shirt better to play in - its just cheap and nasty. I actually spoke to guy in Greaves about it to say thats why i wasnt buying it and his response was "Yeah, sorry about that."

Edited by Gonzaga

Saw the strip in the flesh for the 1st time yesterday & like it, the material isn't as bad as is being made out, I'd say it's the same/similar standard to the tops we've had in recent seasons.

Could it not be the bigger teams get better material, which has a lower mark-up, but as they sell more it makes up for that. We have to go for an inferior material, sell it for the same price & still make nowhere near as much profit?

I don't think the material is that bad, just a typical football top feel.

As i said, the design is great. The quality is not. Again, compare to other strips (from all manufacturers - Puma included) at the same price and the quality is disgraceful.

Centenary top and pink/grey hoops tops have been mentioned above - Both those tops are vastly superior in quality to what we have been dished up past 2 seasons.

If we were being charged £25 for the top then i wouldn't have any complaints at all. However to have our top charged at the same price as top level shirts such as Barcelona or Real Madrid is just ridiculous. Again, wouldnt have any complaints if the material/quality was of a comparable standard to similarly priced strips.

Edited to answer Twinny: Its not some super light, modern new material to make the shirt better to play in - its just cheap and nasty. I actually spoke to guy in Greaves about it to say thats why i wasnt buying it and his response was "Yeah, sorry about that."

The centenary top was of a thicker material to others but i have to be honest and say i have had no issue with the quality of the strips we,ve had from Puma.

I would have edited your post to say the top "in your opinion" was cheap and nasty........it has not been described as that by any other poster to date, or the club or greaves for that matter. I'll admit i don't yet have it but i'll be surprised and very disappointed if i find it cheap and nasty.

As for the guy in greaves....what is he supposed to say to you ? He's just been polite. His response certainly doesn't come across as if he agreed. He just had an unsatisfied customer and said the minimum to keep the peace. You made it clear to him your reasons for not wanting to buy it.....there was nothing he could do regards your view so "yeah sorry bout that" seems the best comment to make in the circumstances.

As for price, they all seem to be around the same price, no matter what teams strip you are wanting to buy. If you think it is worth around £25.00, wait a year or two and get it in the Greaves sale!! (JOKE).

Anyone any idea when the away kit will be out? Or what it will look like. I heard it'll be like the black away Bukta top we had in the 90's but with pinstripes like this years home shirt.

think they said last week it will be early August.

I've heard it will be black with red n yellow incorporated into it but as to design.....no idea.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-kits/cardiff-city-2011-2012-puma-away-football-shirt.html

theres another template that the away kit will use dont know if it will have a collar or not yet but it will be all black with the blue and yellow on the cardiff one changed to red and yellow.

Same as home top, but the main colour is black with red & yellow pinstripes, so I was told.

No different to previous tops, no worse than I expected it to be.

the material isnt the problem, I like my strips baggy and last seasons XXL tops were very comfortable over the beer belly, this year i got a XXXL and its smaller (or I've got fatter) than last years effort.I tried both strips on the other night there and I cant believe the difference in the sizes, im going to take it back on saturday.I dont understand how when they are both made by Puma that a strip XXXL can be smaller than the XXL!

The sizes are definitely smaller than usual - no doubt about it.

That's really annoying especially if you're ordering online. Bad enough different manufacturers having different standard measures but you shouldn't have to anticipate the same manufacturer will change sizes.

Football strips are exorbitant at the best of times. You shouldn't have to go to further expence and inconvenience returning them. :thumbdown: