Derek Lyle

Lindau

Would any club be in a position to offer Lyle a contract with the charges hanging over him? Would certainly be a headline signing, but wouldn't be in line with the family friendly image the club is currently pushing.

Think there has been to may lines in Lyles life already!

Would any club be in a position to offer Lyle a contract with the charges hanging over him? Would certainly be a headline signing, but wouldn't be in line with the family friendly image the club is currently pushing.

For once we agree DP....wonders will never cease!

Absolutely not!! Was surprised that he continued to be picked for Morton after he was charged - would have thought that he'd have been on the footballing equivalent of garden leave.

Jesus!!

If I'm ever up in court I hope you're not on the jury :thumbdown:

Lyle would be a decent signing and I'm sure a contingencey could be added to any contract in consideration of the charges made against him although I would have thought MacNamara would be concentrating more on strengthening other areas of the team before adding a striker.

I promise to stop soon. I'd be raven mad not to.

Maybe he could just do his bird and then come back.

Seriously enough of the puns, if everyone with a criminal record wasn't allowed to ply their trade then we would have a lot of people on the buroo. He is a proven goal scorer, I'd take him rather than watch him scoring goals against us, which will no doubt happen.

Maybe he could just do his bird and then come back.

Seriously enough of the puns, if everyone with a criminal record wasn't allowed to ply their trade then we would have a lot of people on the buroo. He is a proven goal scorer, I'd take him rather than watch him scoring goals against us, which will no doubt happen.

That’s true but I think must companies would think twice about taking someone on who has been charged with drug dealing.

unless found to be innocent, don't want him near club. stigma attached to having a possible drug dealer would do us no good at all.

didn't like fact morton played him when whole thing came about......think there are certain charges where a football club should distance themselves from the player.

It's no real surprise to see the forum sweetie wives falling over each other to condemn the actions of a man who hasn't even been found guilty.

Why was there no fuss made of Liam Buchannan - a man who was swanning around in top of the range cars as a direct result of his father's drug dealing activities. There was certainly no shortage of bad publicity for the club there.

What about cheeky "Celtic daft" Chic Chanley? No one seemed bothered about his off field behaviour when he was with us.

Should we just release any player with a criminal conviction? I'd like to hear the moral crusaders thoughts on that.

The snobbery on here at times is embarassing.

It's no real surprise to see the forum sweetie wives falling over each other to condemn the actions of a man who hasn't even been found guilty.

Why was there no fuss made of Liam Buchannan - a man who was swanning around in top of the range cars as a direct result of his father's drug dealing activities. There was certainly no shortage of bad publicity for the club there.

What about cheeky "Celtic daft" Chic Chanley? No one seemed bothered about his off field behaviour when he was with us.

Should we just release any player with a criminal conviction? I'd like to hear the moral crusaders thoughts on that.

did Liam or Chic deal in drugs ? I remember when alan dinnie was convicted of the same thing a number of people didn't want dinnie to be allowed anywhere near firhill again.

Hey it's just my view, and i fully accept that others will feel differently, but i think for an offence such as drug dealing, we should stay well away from the likes of Lyle. Unless all charges are dropped and he is found to have done nothing wrong.

you may disagree with my view, but it sure ain't snobbery nor is it embarassing.

Met Lyle on holiday in Egypt he didnt mention anything about any clubs being interested in him. I'd take him back if all the hoo haa about the charges against him goes in his favour. He did talk about the charges but i dont think it would be right for me to comment on it

I happen to agree with your comments about Lyle. The guy hasn't been tried yet and if he had been a contracted player with us I'd expect the Club to stand by him up until his trial. But you seem to contradict yourself by then condemning an ex player by pure assumption. You might not get anyone on here to bet against it but it's still an assumption all the same.

Hypocrisy and snobbery often go hand in hand. Yet to meet anyone, myself included, who doesn't suffer from the odd outbreak of either affliction. :)