Erskine On Trial At Motherwell

northernsoul

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, we have some players better than Erskine. Sure, he can excite, but he doesn't do it often enough for me. I would be sad if he left, but not the end of the world if we got decent replacements

It would be a blow if he went, but the team is not built around him, it couldnt anyway because he was so erratic at times! I dont think he is a consistent enough player yet (if he ever will be) to "grace" the PL, I just thought that Jackie wanted to keep him, but hey money talks, maybe has has other replacements in mind to "bridge" the gap if he goes, it could all be water under the bridge come the new season

It would be a blow if he went, but the team is not built around him...

That's not what Jackie says. He says he's building the team around Erskine.

I have to admit to being surprised at Erskine's rise towards the end of last season. But when he plays that floating role, he's a real danger to teams. If you look back at the video highlights of the last 6 games of the season so many of Thistle's attacks go through Erskine.

He's got something, and I think this is going to be a great season for him. Just hope it's with us.

Is anybody else not really that bothered if he stays or goes?

I'd be extremely disappointed if he goes. We want to be building a team around a talent like his and bringing him on. You have to remember that he's had two seasons if that as a full-time pro and though he can infuriate at times his level of performance near the end of last season was the difference between us finishing well up the table and avoiding skirting with the play-offs.

Edited by Vom Itorium

I do feel there is so much more to come from Erskine....and i hope we get chance to see it in the Jags colours and not of that of Motherwell or Hearts.

I do think the writing's on the wall for Erskine and it's inevitable that he'll move on at some point if it's not now. I'd much rather it was somewhere in England though

It just seems bizarre to me that a Thistle player who has just signed a two-year deal should go on 'trial' to Motherwell! I can't find anything on any other media or internet site to support this story. Can anyone confirm it's true?

From the man himself 'the rumour is NOT true'.

Reference (e.g. Twitter or Facebook) or link to confirm that quote please. Someone, probably at Motherwell FC, must have told the paper that Erskine was on trial. If a sizeable fee was offered, subject to the trial, it would be difficult for the Jags to say no. There has been no comment from the club and it is possible that more information will emerge over the next few days.

Good!

Strictly speaking it's not a rumour more a piece of totally incorrect reporting by a newspaper. The Club/past manager have usually been quite quick to set the record straight with previous similar matters. Erskine is after all a contracted player and if that had been more widely reported (and believed) could have an effect on season ticket sales etc.

Maybe I should have put a question mark at the end of the title thread to begin with.

If the chap a few posts above is correct then I'm glad the rumour isn't true. We've all stated his strengths and weaknesses countless times but he's the type of player no other team in the division has and his direct running and unpredictability is a good weapon.

Lets see if he turns up at Glasgow Green with the rest of the squad on Monday and then travels down to Catterick with the team as that should give an indication of his future plans.

Chris WILL be at Glasgow Green on Monday, and, unless something happens then, he WILL be at Catterick. Scouts honour :thumbsup2:

Edited by Gress

That's not what Jackie says. He says he's building the team around Erskine.

I have to admit to being surprised at Erskine's rise towards the end of last season. But when he plays that floating role, he's a real danger to teams. If you look back at the video highlights of the last 6 games of the season so many of Thistle's attacks go through Erskine.

He's got something, and I think this is going to be a great season for him. Just hope it's with us.

If Jackie is building the team around such an inconsistant player as Erskine then relegation is a real threat. At his best he is a poor mans Gary Harkins or John Buckley. At his worst he makes Darren Brady look like an international class player.