Grehan Leaves Club

1 John Lambie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think he was a fantastic player, but I thought we was all right. He showed a few times how good he could be but unfortunately he couldn't do that often enough. I hope he finds a new club soon at any level. Genuinely one of the nicest footballers I have ever spoken too, and at the POTY some people thought I was him. B)

Edited by Smurph

He might be a nice guy but a footballer he is not. Should never have been signed for PTFC and I cannot remember one game I saw in which he did anything useful.

Maybe we should have jettisoned him over the summer and got someone else in, rather than waiting till now to do it.

After some trolling on Twitter and looking at the Glaswegian it is definitely Tam McManus. Jackie says he wants to bring in another striker (he didn't make it clear if he wanted to bring in one more striker, or another striker as well as Tam McManus) and a wide player. We are playing a bounce match today, so things will come into light on Wednesday/Thursday I would think.

He might be a nice guy but a footballer he is not. Should never have been signed for PTFC and I cannot remember one game I saw in which he did anything useful.

Maybe we should have jettisoned him over the summer and got someone else in, rather than waiting till now to do it.

Sorry to pick on your post in particular, but this is a great example of forum hyperbole. It may not have worked out at Thistle for Grehan but I suspect he's a considerably better footballer than anyone who posts here.

Happy to acknowledge anyone's efforts in the red and yellow. They may not end up in the Thistle hall of fame but every single one of them can play the game in a way I could only have dreamed of.

Have to agree with Allan above... He may not have set the heather alight but for gods sake at least he was an honest football player who tried his best and unfortunately such is life his best was not good enough. He was by no means the fault of our current predicament however going by some posts and the shouts on the park you could have been mistaken.

He will find his level again and will continue to play football in the lower leagues but as I said before at least he tried. When I think of the so called Billy Big Time players that we have had at this club and on better money give me an honest player any time.

Sadly the last thing this guy will be remembering about Thistle is being boo'd off the park...was this the straw that broke the camels back or did he blow the one last chance he was given? Who knows, fact is, he wasn't good enough often enough and the right decision has been made by both parties.

As for McManus, is he really the right striker for us? Not sure but certainly wouldn't be offering him anywhere near the kind of wage he is alleged to have demanded from Falkirk.

Sadly the last thing this guy will be remembering about Thistle is being boo'd off the park...was this the straw that broke the camels back or did he blow the one last chance he was given? Who knows, fact is, he wasn't good enough often enough and the right decision has been made by both parties.

As for McManus, is he really the right striker for us? Not sure but certainly wouldn't be offering him anywhere near the kind of wage he is alleged to have demanded from Falkirk.

That's an exaggeration. There were about three folk booed out of 400. 0.75% of the supporters. The booing was nothing like the crescendo of boos when that we Dundee guy took that dive.