Meet The Board Night

Col

Not much in the form of 'solid' questions here.

Martin, I presume as you are very keen in this you will be putting questions to the board? Will...will you be the same?

I have a couple of questions which I think are 'interesting', but could be considered slightly controversial.

David, what are your thoughts on Allan Cowan and Gordon Peden?

David, do you know Brown McMaster, and have you ever approached him?

Board, if your EGM proposals are 'rejected', what will you do now?

I rate Beattie highly, and would be very disappointed if there was any chance of him and the others walking away.

What are other people asking on Thursday?

I will certainly be asking questions on Thursday evening. Given that the Board will be making a presentation before the Q&A session some of those questions may be answered early on but the information that comes from the initial part and other questions will probably throw up other questions.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd find this meeting much more interesting if the likes of Hughes, Cowan and The McMasters attended and asked questions. If Hughes and McMaster really are using the shares they were given to protect the Club they have a duty to attend this meeting and let the support see this is what they have in mind. Anything other and we therefore have to draw our own conclussions as to why they heave the shares.

• Members

Will...will you be the same?

If you mean me Fred, probably not as I don't have much of a clue about what's going on other than what I've read here and I suspect 90% of us are in the same boat. I'll more than likely be attending on the night though and if I think I can add something then, I will.

It's a pity that Honved cant make it. He and three or four others seem to have a good grasp about what's going on and the type of questions that need to be asked and probably the ability to recognise the answers and then take the discussion on further.

If fans are unable to attend this meeting, then surely people, on here who are attending can ask it for you.

I think the significance of this meeting is too great for us not to make the most of it. People who can't make it along can still be involved one way or another.

So why not post a question on this thread? Thoughts?

• Administrators

For all nomads and fans who can't make it on the night - we have arranged for a limited amount of questions to be put forward from the forum so please post your questions here and we will pass them on to the club to be asked on the night.

* We have already made a note of the questions from this thread.

Cheers

Every Jags supporter who cares about the future of our club, and is able to be in Glasgow on thursday evening, should attend this.

Ask awkward questions, put our custodians on the spot, come away wiser.

The level of turn out could be very important. If only a handful go along then the two opposing parties could use that to support their case. When things don't go well for one faction they can use the usual suspects argument and claim the silent majority.

Suppose that's blatantly obvious but just because you anticipate your questions will be better articulated by someone else doesn't mean your attendance won't be a factor.

The level of turn out could be very important. If only a handful go along then the two opposing parties could use that to support their case. When things don't go well for one faction they can use the usual suspects argument and claim the silent majority.

Suppose that's blatantly obvious but just because you anticipate your questions will be better articulated by someone else doesn't mean your attendance won't be a factor.

Absolutely - if you consider the future of the club important to you, then turn up. Don't sit on your arses, or come on here looking for updates.

Actions speak louder than words.

Absolutely - if you consider the future of the club important to you, then turn up. Don't sit on your arses, or come on here looking for updates.

Actions speak louder than words.

I am gutted; I have an unmoveable business engagement and cannot make it.

As everyone who has taken any notice knows, the first person to utter the words 'conflict of interest' a long long time ago and repeat it monotonously was I think me and similarly I highlighted 'protections which already exist in Companies Act' so i think i have a grasp of whats going on, and I am gutted that I cannot be there but my business comes first. If anyone wants questions - I am happy to provide a few, just PM me.

What I would say is that most will be learned by listening very carefully. I commend the club board for taking this step, and hope all fans get some reassurances from it, as I think this is what we alkl need right now - reassurance.

Unfortunately I will not be in Glasgow for this event but I do implore anyone and everyone who can make it to turn up and get bums on seats. I'll even donate money to buy people some pints if that is needed.

For me the question and I would like someone with more understanding to take this on further is

Shares - how can people who no longer run or contribute financially to the club on a day to day basis be able to vote on important matters especially as these shares were gifted to them in the first place. I struggle with the Articles of Declaration issue but it sounds like we need change to make decision making easier and slicker.

Strategic Vision - where does Mr Beattie see the club in say 5 years time? I'm not looking for a Romanov Champions League declaration but an identifiable plan for the way the club is going to pan out and that includes revenue generation. For me the ideal scenario is a combination of Hamilton and St Mirren who seem to be run well and live within their means.

Stadium - Be it PropCo, be it sharing with Warriors, be it another plan. What are we going to do to maximise revenue at our stadium? We need to use it more than 4 hours a day every 2 weeks. I would not have a problem moving to a new stadium to clear debt ala St Mirren. I am also concerned about losing Warriors connection and their cash.

Fans - What does Mr Beattie want from the fans to change? We cannot expect one or two people to sort everything out, if they need our help then I would like them to tell us

The main thing is to understand people like Beattie and Allan are taking on a difficult job and trying their best. It's not "them and us" like it may be for some. It's a case of working together.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo

I'm another one who won't be in attendance on Thursday night. That's no great loss, but it's a shame so many people who have taken an interest in this topic won't be able to be there. To me that just highlights the weakness of board/fan communications being conducted via occasional set piece events like this rather than through a continuous process of open engagement, but there you go. Those who can be there will find it beneficial and hopefully reassuring so that's one small step.

If any of the East coast lot want a lift through on Wednesday night, then let me know. I'm planning to head straight from work - c.5:20pm; leaving from the centre of Edinburgh, but could collect folk along the way, if required.

I'm planning on heading through from Livingston. Could meet at Deer Park services if convenient?

The weather forecast for tomorrow is okay, it is an important meeting and we are coming off the back of a good win on Saturday so lets hope for a good turnout from the supporters and a productive meeting.

Thought the meeting was indoors !!

:lol:

Was hoping to attend, but illness has meant I won't make it. Hope meeting is productive.