The Manager

Lindau

Threads like this is why I love this forum.

We've won 3, lost 3, drawn 2, and are out of 2 cups, so our Manager is the next Celtic boss.

FFS I give up....take it the schools have just came out!! I refer you to Post 22 and the topic headline

Edited by Lindau

FFS I give up....take it the schools have just came out!! I refer you to Post 22 and the topic headline

You were talking in your opening post about the end of the season. For Celtic to consider McNamara after 1 season of football if they've sacked another rookie manager, I think Jackie would have to win the league by about 20 points and have very good runs in the cups for him to catch Celtic's eye ahead of other more experienced managers. It's good tongue in cheek speculation, but it has no basis in reality at this point, nor will it have at the end of the season.

No wild speculations just an obversation that if our manager continues to pick up gems from lower leagues, continues to keep us challenging for the league, that other clubs are gonna be sniffing around not just our players but our manager. Thats me finished on the subject....carry on!!

No wild speculations just an obversation that if our manager continues to pick up gems from lower leagues, continues to keep us challenging for the league, that other clubs are gonna be sniffing around not just our players but our manager. Thats me finished on the subject....carry on!!

It's a bit early to be calling the guys we have signed as gems, but I know what you mean. What does appear to be the case is that if you have a good scouting system and are prepared to look in places other teams are not, you will unearth young players with potential.

We seem to have a few such players on our books. I'm sure there will be more to come. The more who have impacts like Sinclair, O'Donnell and Elliott, then the more the fans will get on board with what the club are doing and give it their backing.

There was too much negativity when Sinclair and to a lesser degree Elliott came to the club. with each passing game, they seem to be winning the doubters over. Long may that continue.

These lads will all have days when it does not work for them. We must all show them patience and support.

When the lads play without fear they do look a useful and dare I say an exciting team to watch. Long may that continue.

Jackie too is a young manager, learning his trade with each passing game. The Berwick result seems a distant memory now. He is a long way from the finished article as a manager but he's making good progress.

I think there are plenty of reasons to face the future with some confidence that we are heading in the right direction and some good times are on the way.

Lot of hard work to be done but I think we have a squad, a board and a manager who relish the challenge.

Jackie has picked up some promising players from other teams and we are doing well at Firhill apart from the Berwick game,but away from home we have only got 1pt since he became our manager.This is something we have to sort out and if we can then maybe we can put in a challenge.But a couple of bad results in a row and we could be down near the bottom again.

A good win and people lose all semblance of reality!!!!!!!!!!1 Hopefully this will continue, BUT NO away wins as yet and STILL with a dodgy defence. Yes, Jackie is learning and the signs are good, but to say bigger things beckon at the moment is RIDICOLOUS <_<

A good win and people lose all semblance of reality!!!!!!!!!!1 Hopefully this will continue, BUT NO away wins as yet and STILL with a dodgy defence. Yes, Jackie is learning and the signs are good, but to say bigger things beckon at the moment is RIDICOLOUS <_<

I think their is very little chance Celtic will sign McNamara from us - as much to do with Celtic fans snobbery - they would see it as underachieving going for a first divison Manager even if they are wrong to have this view point.

I do think if McNamara keeps up his good record it may well be another of his former teams such as Dunfermline or Aberdeen who go for him if they replace McIntyre or Brown and if McNamara was successful there and it came to a stage where Celtic were looking for a new manager they might plump for him then but I think Celtic would most likely wait till they saw how good he was in the SPL

A good win and people lose all semblance of reality!!!!! but to say bigger things beckon at the moment is RIDICOLOUS <_<

I said I was vacating this thread because it reminded me of Alice Coopers most famous song but you really ought to read what was said and the headline of this topic before you make your belly rumble!