Tuffers Update

Lindau

I can't say I'm surprised we've been shafted by such loopholes though.

We seem to be impacted adversely by 'loopholes' more than any other club. Maybe they are not 'loopholes', perhaps we just mess up over and over again, after all other clubs do not seem to have such problems with 'loopholes'.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed by Inverness I think he means bythe quotes in the P&J article.

It just sums us up if we've even managed to make an arse of getting compensation for Tuffey as it must be something to do with when we offered him a new deal, if we even did offer it.

Now confirmed by Evening Times article.

Edited by Mr Bunny

We seem to be impacted adversely by 'loopholes' more than any other club. Maybe they are not 'loopholes', perhaps we just mess up over and over again, after all other clubs do not seem to have such problems with 'loopholes'.

That's it.

Just when you think we can't possibly do so, we always seem to find another foot to shoot ourselves in................

This is from Fifa Guidelines on training compensation:

20 Training compensation

Training compensation shall be paid to a player’s training club(s): (1) when a

player signs his fi rst contract as a professional and (2) each time a professional

is transferred until the end of the season of his 23rd birthday. The obligation

to pay training compensation arises whether the transfer takes place during

or at the end of the player’s contract. The provisions concerning training

compensation are set out in Annexe 4 of these regulations.

Tuffey's date of birth is 20/1/87. I think that as he is moving at the end of the season of his 23rd birthday we are due nothing.

That is some over-sight for both clubs, why were ICT even "back at the table" with Thistle? Why was Tuffey prepared to lower his wage demands in order for the deal to go through (surely his agent would and should have been aware of the fifa rules)?

Where is the rule that said cross-border transfers would mean no training compensation for a player over 23 but if the player stayed in Scotland there would be compensation paid up til the age of 24? That was the whole point of wanting hi to sign for a Scottish club was it not?

Its only up until age 21 for Cross association moves in EU

6 Special provisions for the EU/EEA

1. For players moving from one association to another inside the territory of

the EU/EEA, the amount of training compensation payable shall be established

based on the following:

a) If the player moves from a lower to a higher category club, the

calculation shall be based on the average training costs of the

two clubs.

B If the player moves from a higher to a lower category, the calculation

shall be based on the training costs of the lower-category club.

2. Inside the EU/EEA, the fi nal season of training may occur before the season

of the player’s 21st birthday if it is established that the player completed his

training before that time.

3. If the former club does not offer the player a contract, no training

compensation is payable unless the former club can justify that it is entitled

to such compensation. The former club must offer the player a contract in

writing via registered post at least 60 days before the expiry of his current

contract. Such an offer shall furthermore be at least of an equivalent value to

the current contract. This provision is without prejudice to the right to training

compensation of the player’s previous club(s)

Edited by Plastic Whistler

Cheers :thumbsup2:

So basically if Tuffey had signed for ICT in June we would get compensation as it is still effectively the end of last season (the one in which he turned 23, but July see's the start of a new season therefore no compensation?

Edited by Steven H

Bit of a bad oversight for both clubs, but Inverness have came out winners by not having to pay a penny when they had originally offered us some cash (probably a small amount, but every little helps). Disappointing that we didn't know the rules fully, & that we could have got some money for him, but these things happen.

As far as I can see it thats the case. Only way we wouldve got cash is if we had sold him in January or before last season.

I suppose it's all hindsight stuff. I'm not sure how I'd have reacted if we'd sold Tuffey in January, then come out and said we're not extending Lovell's contract and later the Trust had knocked back helping out with the temp signing of McNamara. All those decisions would have turned out to be correct but...... :unsure:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• Members

If we were offered cash for him in June and it was knocked back, someone needs their backside kicked right out of Firhill.

The only people that would decide if an offer was worth accepting or not would be a Director. I wonder if he'll be man enough to admit his mistake if that's the case?

Another royal erseup by The Incompetents we call The Board.

The highlanders must be gutting themselves laughing at our amateurism.

Bring back Jim Oliver as Chairman. Can only be an improvement on the current incumbents.

• Members

Do we know for definite that 'the season' lasted through June?

I only mentioned June as someone else had mentioned it elsewhere. It really doesn't matter when (if???) we were offered the cash though does it? If we were offered cash for any player that was out of contract or going out of contract and someone knocked it back without checking the rules and cost our cash strapped Club even more money they can ill afford, they should pay the price!

Or is this another in the long line of muck ups some of BoD have been involved in to get swept under the carpet? It's human to err once or twice, we all do it, but this keeps happening with some of these guys and you have to wonder if they hadn't cut back so drastically on the office staff would this still have gone unnoticed. We had a Chief Exec that got paid £25k for not even a years work apparently last year. Is checking the rules his remit? The Finance Director made the decision we were paying too many staff, is it his fault that we didn't have the staff to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen? The Chairman is in overall charge of the Club, is he blameless after yet another blunder under his stewardship?

I don't know where the blame lies ultimately, but they were happy enough to let the press know that they hoped Jonny would go to a Scottish Club so the Club would get compensation, ICT expected to pay compo and have indicated that they made two previous offers. The one cast iron certainty is that someone in authority has cost the Club a few thousand quid!

We'd still have received nothing for him even if we were fully aware of the rules, no?

I was meaning if we had accepted the offer ICT made, then we would have got money for him, surely. As if we had received the money, we wouldn't be giving it back, even if it was gained by misunderstaning the rules.