Pttv: Falkirk Highlights

fritzy

Guest fredthecheesecloth

3rd the ballboys comment, thats absolutely what its all about.

What is Scott Fox doing for the 2nd goal? Should have saved that.

1st goal is issues all round from Balatoni, Fox and that clown Paton.

Both goals are brilliant finishes.

i had to watch that penalty claim over 4 times to make sure I wasn't seeing things, Dods is lying on the deck waiting for the ref to give a pen and can't believe his luck when its not given, absolute shocking decision.wee ugly knawing rat featured scumbag referee. good finish from rowser and erskine. the wee ballboys celebrating was classic

Super-sub Erskine!

Nice celebration by the three ballboys after our 2nd.

Yeah lads were over the moon with goal.young rodge plays with a few Falkirk fans at stenny so he was going mental.suprised he never run on the park!! him and gordies boy just cant enough!!! :thumbsup2:

i had to watch that penalty claim over 4 times to make sure I wasn't seeing things, Dods is lying on the deck waiting for the ref to give a pen and can't believe his luck when its not given, absolute shocking decision.wee ugly knawing rat featured scumbag referee. good finish from rowser and erskine. the wee ballboys celebrating was classic[/quote

An absolute stick on handball foul. Collum hesitates then gives nothing.He had a great view too-despite telling the complaining jags players he was unsighted.

Edited by Lord Rosebury

• Members

Paton was awful for the first goal. Classic case of ball watching! The height Doolan got up for the header in the lead up to the first goal was great, he really can leap. Excellent piece of work by the much cricised Tommy Stewart to get the cross in for the second as well. Sort of similar situation to their first with Balatoni allowing the cross to come in, their full back will be just as disappointed at failing to stop Tommy getting the ball in.

Paton was awful for the first goal. Classic case of ball watching! The height Doolan got up for the header in the lead up to the first goal was great, he really can leap. Excellent piece of work by the much cricised Tommy Stewart to get the cross in for the second as well. Sort of similar situation to their first with Balatoni allowing the cross to come in, their full back will be just as disappointed at failing to stop Tommy getting the ball in.

One thing I'd like to add: Fox has been criticised but their goallie never seemed to be able to catch any cross ball. He had some good punches but also some dodgy ones. I noticed that we tried to pressure their keeper a bit by having a man on him whenever we could ...in fact there's a challenge on the keeper (quite legitimate and a less dodgy keeper wouldn't have got flustered by it) when we scored our second goal. Nice to see us for once noticing a weakness and trying to take advantage of it.

Can somebody explain how fox is to blame for the first goal? He has to defend his front post.

That goal is a great example of the importance of keeping your shape at the back. Balatoni gets dragged out left to try to stop the cross and leaves Archie at the front post with Paton losing his man at the back. Sinclair should be out left stopping the cross with the two center backs in the middle - if that had been the case the goal might not have happened.

Jackie will be furious with Paton, though not sure he would have been able to out jump the big Falkirk striker!

Stone wall penalty.

Edited by Alan Murray

Jackie will be furious with Paton, though not sure he would have been able to out jump the big Falkirk striker!

Stone wall penalty.

Paton's fault is he finds a half-decent position at the far post but then ball watches and doesn't look round to see if any Falkirk players are sneaking in. If he moves tight on the Falkirk striker then the forward doesn't have so much space to pick his spot and if he jumps with him even if he beats him in the air it makes it awkward for the forward.

That said Paton has usually been a good defender for us but in some games this season he's been prone to make mistakes.

For me Fox is at fault for both goals.

First one - yes you should always cover the front post but his positioning is atrocious - he's practically hugging the front post.

2nd goal - again terrible positioning, there is no way he should be getting beat at the side he is meant to be covering.

However he's not the only one to blame - Balatoni and Paton need to have a long hard look at the first goal. Frustrating that the highlights don't show the lead up to the free kick for the 2nd goal as I remember thinking at the time it was a terrible free kick to give away.

For me Fox is at fault for both goals.

First one - yes you should always cover the front post but his positioning is atrocious - he's practically hugging the front post.

2nd goal - again terrible positioning, there is no way he should be getting beat at the side he is meant to be covering.

However he's not the only one to blame - Balatoni and Paton need to have a long hard look at the first goal. Frustrating that the highlights don't show the lead up to the free kick for the 2nd goal as I remember thinking at the time it was a terrible free kick to give away.

I'd like to have seen it again myself, as at the time i thought it was never a foul.