Jackie

ian_mac

They're warranted on my planet.

It must just be the natural pessimist in me but I'm not forseeing a cricket score nor an extremely comfortable result. :unsure:

I think there is a lot of potential for a slip-up tomorrow. Our terrible away form combined with Culter's habit of winning, scoring bag-full's in the process, doesn't fill me with optimism despite their lowly status. If our players turn up there with a billy-big-time attitude (which I think is entirely possible with some players), it could be a long and embarrassing afternoon.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down. Yes it was an awful result but beyond giving them a total bollocking there really wasn't much he could have done.

Ensured they were sufficiently motivated going into the game? Prevented them from slacking off when they went a goal up? Adopted tactics that would've seen us break down stuffy opposition?

Don't get me wrong, the players played their part, too. Conman Balatoni should be now be Hearts' problem, rather than ours.

In your opinion, which I fully respect.

In my opinion, Cowdenbeath was way worse because they put us out of the cup. And with every respect to you, TJ, that opinion is not nonsense.

Sorry Barney can't agree with u mate.

I can't understand how losing to established league teams can be worse than not beating a junior team.

Cup shocks happen, just happened to be our turn today. Keep the faith.

Twice in one season!!!

1st time we had a new team and they were bedding in, but was against a league team

Today was unacceptable, from the manager and players, they have to learn from this fast and go out and hammer culter in the replay, a struggled 1-0 may be a result but wont boost the morale or confidence of the fans or team

To put our pathetic draw in perspective, the other SFL teams are doing well against lower league opponents. Livingston thumped Irvine Meadow 6-0. Morton are leading Deveronvale 5-1. Airdrie are 11 up at home to Gala Fairydean with 10 minutes to go.

Edited by kni

I agree with Barney, losing to a lower league team (e.g. Berwick) and getting knocked out a cup is worse than today's embarrasing result. If we lose next week that would be the worst result in our history IMO. Regardless of which is our worst result and your perspective, what is of real concern is our frequent inability to really take games by the scruff of the neck and take games to the opposition (without getting to the half way line and having a nose-bleed).

Barney, look at the results coming in from the remaining Scottish Cup ties. There's your perspective.

Airdrie got a 7-2 thrashing from Albion Rovers in the league a few weeks ago and their fans were screaming for Boyle's head. After we beat them 5-0 there were Morton fans questioning Moore.

We need to stick with Jackie, give him time and support and remember that he is in his first management job so there will be highs and lows along the way.

I'll be blunt; who gives a f*ck? Past Airdrie results have no relevance to today's shameful performance.

The point I was trying to make (apologies if I did not make it clearly) is that other teams have had very poor results recently but they have stuck with their managers and seem to be getting the rewards and we need to do the same.