Trialist V St Johnstone

jagfox

Steve Lomas was wanting to send Sam Parkin out on a month's loan. Can you play anyone in a bounce game as long as you've their clubs permission? I'm not saying it was him, just a general wonder.

Sam Parkin is a regular in Coopers on Great Western Road so possiby lives near-by? Although I'd doubt he would play a bounce game against his parent club. Maybe not though.

Sam Parkin is a regular in Coopers on Great Western Road so possiby lives near-by? Although I'd doubt he would play a bounce game against his parent club. Maybe not though.

I know what you mean about the bounce game thing. Maybe against another team, if permission was given but not his own. It wouldn't be good for his confidence for one. :)

Coopers is my usual pre-match stop off. I'll need to regale him about how mighty the Jags are :lol:

It's wiki it must be true!

Super Sam Parkin

Interesting, "Parkin is eligible to play for Scotland through his Scottish mother, and made his Scotland debut in a Scotland Future international against Austria. Unfortunately, he was injured early in the match and was substituted. He has not been picked again and remains eligible to play for England." :thinking:;)

Edited by jagfox

Does say in the report that he is a wide player. I'd like to see an out and out right sided winger sign.

I'd love any kind of out and out winger. A Denis McQuade or Bobby Lawrie, a Donald Park or Bobby Houston, or going further back, an Arthur Duncan.

When is the last time we had a winger who could skin guys and get to the bye line and put in a killer cross? The nearest thing that comes to mind in the last ten years or so would be wee Paul Walker.

Edited to add: Just did a quick internet search for Pee Wee; seems he was playing for Irvine Meadow recently. Glad he's not at Culter!

Edited by Jaggernaut

I'd love any kind of out and out winger. A Denis McQuade or Bobby Lawrie, a Donald Park or Bobby Houston, or going further back, an Arthur Duncan.

When is the last time we had a winger who could skin guys and get to the bye line and put in a killer cross? The nearest thing that comes to mind in the last ten years or so would be wee Paul Walker.

Edited to add: Just did a quick internet search for Pee Wee; seems he was playing for Irvine Meadow recently. Glad he's not at Culter!

Stevie Murray ? Paul Kinnaird (granted Paul played over ten years ago).

Yeah I agree they have been in short supply. On in Murray's case just short.

Width gets you goals,getting to the bye-line gets you goals,we don't have enough width,we don't get to the bye-line,we don't get enough goals.

Every time Paul Paton turns inside a little part of the football fan inside me dies.

.....can we add John Buckley to the winger list.

Width gets you goals,getting to the bye-line gets you goals,we don't have enough width,we don't get to the bye-line,we don't get enough goals.

Every time Paul Paton turns inside a little part of the football fan inside me dies.

.....can we add John Buckley to the winger list.

I remember a mid week night match at Firhill against Falkirk. Burnley ripped them to shreds. Think chic scored scored both in a 2-0 win.