Look! It's A Decoy!

jagscast

To distract you all from the current plight of our club, I'm looking for some audience participation for this weekend's show.

Paul Scholes' return to Manchester United's first team was unexepected by many. The gingernut's tenacity and eye for a pass helped his team get past their noisy neighbours the other week (I blamed Evra for City's 2nd goal...)

So, I'm looking for your favourite ginger Thistle players!

Were you disappointed to see Scott Boyd moving up north?

Maybe Derek McWilliams was your favourite midfield dynamo of the 90s?

Let's have them!

Care to indulge us with an anecdote or fond memories, kni?

Jim replaced Joe Craig after his transfer to Parkhead. He was a different sort of player but it was soon clear that he would move onto a bigger club too. With his pace and height, he should have scored a few more for us.

Danny Kellachan was an unsung Firhill hero - lanky but a solid tackler and good passer.

The enigma that was Paul Keegan was a bit of a ginger was he not? Delightfully terrible, his ability to jump lower than his standing height is something to be admired, I can’t remember if Jim Hamilton taught him this or it was Keegs magic that rubbed off on Hamilton (who was at Firhill doing it first?).

Oh and to top it all off his only (?) goal for us was scored in the dying minutes of what was a miserable 0-0 borefest against I think Stirling Albion, I thought I’d nip down for a slash right on full time to avoid the crowds and to allow us a quick getaway back to the sanctuary of the pub, holding my wee banger with my cold hand I heard the roar of the crowd go up, I was told Keegan scored as I scurried back through the concourse my hands now even colder from the water from the Firhill bogs. “Keegan scored, it was Keegan, ahahahaha” I was told, I missed the highlights, to this day I still don’t believe it was him who scored.

Jim Melrose

... remember his ginger bonce rotating 2 x pi radians / 360 degrees / somersault / overhead kick in a cup semi-final against Aberdeen at Hampden and the ball sailing past the keeper into the vast hampden net when I was just 10 years old (much better than rooneys effort last year) ... he scored the other goal that nite too but we got gubbed 4-2

• Members

Sadly no longer with us. :(

Pretty sure that particular story was rubbished if it's the one I'm thinking of?

Some really cracking players there though, Danny Kellachan, Jim Melrose, Mo Johnston and of course wee John were all terriffic players if I'm not mistaken from the Bertie Auld era. My favourite era as a Jags fan I have to say.