Just In

GrantB

Utter drivel. A total waste of £17. Team had no fight, weren't helped by half of them being played out of position. Given the fact that we had 2 weeks to prepare for this fixture, the lack of anyone knowing what their job was was disturbing against what was basically Livi's u19 team.

I've been supportive of McNamara but I may be turning to the dark side after this. Some of our players today were completely gutless.

Didn't go. Knew it wouldn't be worth the money before I made my decision, and thistle are do predictable now that it's paid off for me. Gettin into the habit of not bothering anymore, to be honest. It's barely football you pay to see in the sfl1. When was the last time we scored a meaningful goal? It's pathetic really. We consistently have 700 more fans (ie roughly 50 percent) more than Livi, and so more revenue to put us on the right track. However, look at the state of us by the time that's translated into footballers to play the game on a Saturday.

Last game I saw was before Christmas, and the few that I have seen have been dire. We've really been struggling these past few months. What's the problem, or are there several? Loanees adding nothing? (Looks like it.) Strikers barren? (Looks like it.)Tactics inappropriate? (Looks like it.) No real desire throughout the team? (Looking more like it each week.)

Presumably we'll lose to Ross County; then we'll really start to look like a team on the slide.

See all this nonsense about two game packages etc (which surely affect season ticket value for money), why are we so reactive instead of pro active? We wait til we're so shite that no-one would ever want to go even when a 'deal' is on. If we're willing to do this, we might as well just have some common sense and charge a REASONABLE PRICE for what's being offered. Just charge less all season and forget about stupid deals that reek of desperation.

very strange team selection today... did not seem to have any balance to it and when I saw it before kick off I feared the worst, poor poor season really.. hoping though between now and end of season we can pick up some wins.. but on this evidence.. not sure we will win many more this season.. a few passengers on the team and stealing a wage.. we need changes but financially we can't make them.. so I guess I will pipe down now and realise that's what we have got to live for the time being!!

COME ON THE JAGS

Getting bored of listening to every EPL home support singing to the tune of Sloop John B all the time. Clearly not even the best beach boys tune, so I've made us something to rival it:

"goin down down down we're going down, goin down down down we're going down etc

I'm gettin bugged turnin up to watch the same old pish, gotta find a new team where the players arent shit

Goin down down down we're goin down, goin down down down we're goin down etc

The players and coach are gettin real well known, the good scouts know them and they leave them alone,

Goin down down down we're goin down..."

I think this is about as

much fun as I can have with thistle this season, and obviously there is the adde bonus that it applies for probably one in every three seasons.

Edited by PaleGreySky

Getting bored of listening to every EPL home support singing to the tune of Sloop John B all the time. Clearly not even the best beach boys tune, so I've made us something to rival it:

"goin down down down we're going down, goin down down down we're going down etc

I'm gettin bugged turnin up to watch the same old pish, gotta find a new team where the players arent shit

Goin down down down we're goin down, goin down down down we're goin down etc

The players and coach are gettin real well known, the good scouts know them and they leave them alone,

Goin down down down we're goin down..."

I think this is about as

much fun as I can have with thistle this season, and obviously there is the adde bonus that it applies for probably one in every three seasons.

If only we could string three wins together.....

Wouldn't it be nice.

Help us Lambie, Help help us Lambie, Help us Lambie, Help help us Lambie, help us Lambie, Help help us Lambie, help us Lambie, Help help us Lambie - help us Lambie now GET US OUT THIS FARCE.

Well Lambie you look so fiiine, and i can give you lots if reasons whyyyytt you gotta HELP US LAMBIE HELP US GET OUT OF THIS FARCE.

Anyone considering the two-game package will have been scared off by that result.

I'd say the performance, more than the result. Reminded me of Culter today.

I ended up going last minute, mate talked me into it. I had that urge to go and see us play today after watching Grasping the Thistle last night, which brought a nostalgic buzz and got me in the mood.

Today was just absolutely diabolical though. The lack of fight is just unacceptable.

I support, we all support Partick Thistle. We don't expect to see silky football, but the least we can expect is a team on the park who gives their all to win the match. We just gave in after the second goal. It was an acceptance of the situation and a mental acceptance that we were beat. It was so apparent from the stands it was frightening.

My patience with McNamara is wearing thin. This season can't end soon enough.

Tell you something folks if this team (and admitedly i hvent seen them now for some time) get pulled into a relegation battle we are fu cked....maybe we wont be facing many more meaningless games that i have harped on about this season.

Ironically if we find ourselves right in the dogfight with say 6 games to go...attendances would probably go up!! no one want to see us go down and folk would find themselvess drawn back.

So pissed off with Thistle just now :sad1:

The appointment of Jackie and Sid was yet another wrong decision by the powers that be.

From Jackie “I spoke to the players at half-time and told them that it was time for them to stand up and be counted. A few of them simply went through the motions during the second half and that has left me very angry"

Does that not mean most of the team ignored the manager? Doesn't fill you with confidence,especially when he's very little to bring in.

totally agree but next week defence may be stronger if Archie, Aaron and Willie K are back, or maybe Conrad signed, team today looked very light weight, no heart or fight, for that Jackie Mac must take the blame, if we win next 2 games things will be a lot rosier, but if we lose both then some difficult decisions need to be made re our management team as they will not get us through a relegation battle. Lack of finance is crippling Thistle, ultimately second division would bring Jags closer to the end

Wasn't at the game today, as like many people, I refuse to give money to Livi. So I can't comment on the game today.

However, from what I've read about the game today and from what I've seen in recent games, it is clear that MacNamara and Donnelly are out their depth and are in dire need of some urgent assistance from someone experienced in management/coaching. I reckon we have a good crop of players at the club with great potential and some skill but the management team are not getting the best out of them, are playing them out of position and are using some baffling tactics.

We need to get an experienced person into the dugout to help them - asap.

....We don't expect to see silky football, but the least we can expect is a team on the park who gives their all to win the match. We just gave in after the second goal. It was an acceptance of the situation and a mental acceptance that we were beat. It was so apparent from the stands it was frightening......

....However, from what I've read about the game today and from what I've seen in recent games, it is clear that MacNamara and Donnelly are out their depth and are in dire need of some urgent assistance from someone experienced in management/coaching.....

It has seemed to me that McNamara and Donnelly have started to believe the general propaganda that goes the rounds among football pundits: "you have to play open, attacking football" and "it doesn't matter how many goals are scored against you as long as your team scores more". That's best left to the collective idiocy of football pundits. The reality is (and has been for all of this century and much of the last) that all success in football is built on teams that can defend well. If your players are taught not to tackle and not to close down the opposition at all times when not in possession, then those players will lose several games to high scorelines, and they will never be able to aspire to league domination.

Today was an object lesson in how a shaky defence can destroy a team from the inside: the midfield completely lost control, because the players felt they had to track back all the time, while the forwards could only try to catch the big punts up the park from Fox, while facing away from the goal they were attacking. Fox didn't have enough confidence to give the ball to defenders, and so resorted to route 1.

It has been easy to see for a long time that O'Donnell is not up to playing fullback, while Cole was a mistake as fullback; Bannigan was constantly drawn out of position on the left and so couldn't protect Cole. All credit to Robertson, who tried to make up for some of this and dominated the high balls to the centre, but he's too slow to cover fullbacks who are caught out.

Pat Fenlon knew what he was doing when he sent Welsh out on loan. He was a waste of a jersey in midfield today.

Let's hope that the management team learns from this. Either they brush up on defensive play or they get external advice in on how to do that, as Big Col suggests.