Jackie Out

The Mighty Quinn

jackie is a joke and just stands there, no passion and no commitment. no wonder it comes across in the players who are responding poorly to his lack of passion. mcnamarra out, john hughes in.

This is very valid imo. Said it before. Look at the very best, Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola & Wenger to name a few. When things aren't going great for their teams they are at the side of the park trying to inspire and/or change things.

Jackie stands there clueless & I won't even start on his assistant.

Every chance this time next week a certain ex jag by the name of K McDowall will be looking for work. I'm sure he won't be short of offers though.

Hughes did well with Falkirk though did lose plot at Hibs at the end though again how many others could that be said about.

IMO we missed the boat with MacPherson.

I'd even take Gary Bollan and Scott Paterson ahead of these two jokers.

& don't even get me started on McNamara's signings, loans or otherwise.

Edited to add this, he is angry :lol:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-first/partick-thistle/297427-mcnamara-angered-by-attitude-of-players/

Edited by Trotter

I don't know what is the worse suggestion, Jim Duffy or Gus McPherson. Anyone in their right mind having seen QoS this season would NEVER in a million years suggest him for the Thistle job. Ask yourself, if we are so bad, why would a manager play with 10 men behind the ball?

After Saturday, I'm turning towards the dark side but I'd only like a change of manager if it is a positive change.

I don't know what is the worse suggestion, Jim Duffy or Gus McPherson. Anyone in their right mind having seen QoS this season would NEVER in a million years suggest him for the Thistle job. Ask yourself, if we are so bad, why would a manager play with 10 men behind the ball?

After Saturday, I'm turning towards the dark side but I'd only like a change of manager if it is a positive change.

McPherson playing like that as the players at his disposal and financial constraints mean survival in Div 1 a necessity.

Remember he got St Mirren out of this league and kept them in the premier league.

That's more than Jim McIntyre looks like doing and better than Billy Reid achieved at Hamilton.

Granted, St Mirren's board got rid of him as they wanted a more attractive package on the park but you've got to walk before you run.

At this moment i'd rather see someone who can organise the team and get them motivated rather than the dross we're seeing just now.

Edited by Trotter

Yes just like Dick Campbell.He really got the team going when the bunnet came off.I think not

As Mr Fallon the jockey says "If the meat is not there you cant do a thing about it.

jackie is a joke and just stands there, no passion and no commitment. no wonder it comes across in the players who are responding poorly to his lack of passion. mcnamarra out, john hughes in.

McPherson playing like that as the players at his disposal and financial constraints mean survival in Div 1 a necessity.

Remember he got St Mirren out of this league and kept them in the premier league.

That's more than Jim McIntyre looks like doing and better than Billy Reid achieved at Hamilton.

Granted, St Mirren's board got rid of him as they wanted a more attractive package on the park but you've got to walk before you run.

At this moment i'd rather see someone who can organise the team and get them motivated rather than the dross we're seeing just now.

You made a good point about St Mirren but not QOS. They are still full time and had a bigger budget than us. They were able to fork out on guys like Mark McCusker, Kevin Smith, Sam Parkin and Tom Brighton. Yes those signings maybe havnt completely worked out for them but they were still estanlished SFL players, whereas we had to raid the likes of Whitby Juniors for likes of Elliot. I do think though with the average of 1400 they have been getting this season their budget will be drastically cut for next season and they may have to go part time but as of now they are full time.

TBA as new Livi manager tomorrow apparently. John Collins to be their director of football.

Any more of this nonsense and I'll be forced to repeat my annual suggestion of the Chuckle Brothers as joint managers,

"Barry & Paul,

Paul & Barry.

They're the ones to make the Jags harry!'

I'll just be getting my coat, then.

...............see ya......mibbees

Hughes did well with Falkirk though did lose plot at Hibs at the end though again how many others could that be said about.

Not too much to separate his (lack of) success at both clubs, both woeful. In fact, McNamara's win rate is no worse than Hughes at Hibs and that's before player budget and average age/experience of playing squads are factored in.

I'm not McNamara's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but it's ludicrous to even be discussing potential replacements because:

a) There's no way we're going to sack him anytime soon.

B) There isn't anyone who will be able to do much better working under such restrictions and if there was, they wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.

I'm not McNamara's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but it's ludicrous to even be discussing potential replacements because:

a) There's no way we're going to sack him anytime soon.

B) There isn't anyone who will be able to do much better working under such restrictions and if there was, they wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.

Spot on. Kinda reverse Groucho. I wouldn't want any manager that was so daft to want to manage us in the first place.

The next 2 games will define the rest of the season, win both and we will have some breathing space, don't and it will be BUTT CLENCHING time!

The main problem I have is that we never look happy in our formations, most of the time I think the players don't have a clue where they should be either.

As for the managent team (pair of Female Genitalia), we are stuck with them as we can't afford to get rid of them, which is a real pity!

The next 2 games will define the rest of the season, win both and we will have some breathing space, don't and it will be BUTT CLENCHING time!

The main problem I have is that we never look happy in our formations, most of the time I think the players don't have a clue where they should be either.

As for the managent team (pair of Female Genitalia), we are stuck with them as we can't afford to get rid of them, which is a real pity!

Morton will beat us!1 And Ayr will take a point from us. we are dire!!

• 11 months later...